The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Houllier was a clown and a disaster.

Will wait until the summer to see how McLeish is doing, but it looks like he is a lot better than the clown.

How is McLeish a lot better and how was Houllier a disaster?

He is yielding more points per match, more goals scored per match and we let in less goals per match even after losing vital players.

He is also not destroying player values by doing the isolation trick against certain players (Warnock, Carew, Ireland).

He is also not doing silly double standard desicions that makes the players lose respect for him (trying to force players to move to Birmingham area, while signing Pires who is allowed to live in London).

He is not disrespecting the club, like Houllier did when he touched the This is Liverpool sign and then forget about the Villa supporters and clapping the kop and then say when we were going to be crap, he was glad it was against Liverpool.

Really can't argue with this, shows how shit houllier was and we were also told give him a chance.

When you're debating who's shitter out the last two managers it shows how shit randy is at appointing them.

Tbf most of our games this season have been won by individual brilliance....Gabby at home to Wigan, Alrighton at Bolton, Ireland at Chelsea and Keane in the second half today. I'd still say McLeish's poor tactics have contributed to us not winning more games this season.

That said it was a brave call to take off Gaby and bring on Warnock but one McLeish got bang on so well done to him for that.

Why is it when McLeish wins he gets credit but when he loses it's the players fault?

on VT its the opposite of that - he gets the blame for losing, but no credit for winning.

It's the glass half full or glass half empty argument.

The trouble is many Villa fans started with the glass half empty attitude before we'd kicked a ball this season, because of the owners' choice of manager.

If Moyes had found his way to VP, I'm not so sure the football would have been THAT much more exciting - Everton's at times is anything but entertaining.

Had he been the manager, Villa fans would have maybe more inclined to see that actually we're slightly doing better this time last season under GH despite the fact that we lost our two best wide players in the summer.

I'm pretty sure had McLeish NOT been the manager of Aston Villa - with the same points many more fans would have seen the glass half full - and said well we're bringing in alot of youth, we're cutting the wage bill and there's still some improvement.

I'm going to judge McLeish at the end of the season.

Until then the team will have my 110% support and I will not be castigating the players or the manager when I'm watching a game. People who shout abuse at McLeish & the players during a game as far as I'm concerned might as well sit with the away support - they do their job for them!

Oh come on when ronaldo scored 44 goals for unite he won about 4 league games himself. Portsmouth being one and I can't be bothered to Wikipedia the others.

He bought keane in on loan, so his individual brilliance is down to the fact McLeish signed him.

Good decisions today but we were still lucky, could have been 4-1 down at h/t. Could have also ended up with a draw (sitting back no pressure against 10 men) and also how much we were attacked and put under pressure by 10 men when 3-2 up. He brings it on himself, if it had not been for one players individual brilliance, he'd have seen a draw as a fantastic achievement.

But, credit for bringing Gards and Keane into the team.

As I said in the match thread McLeish must read villatalk because to start Gardner gabby and keane with bent was about as attacking as he could do it.

We conceded two but scored three.

We just need to find a good pairing in defence and some skilful side backs.

That said apart from his rash tackle warnock actually played well today. Which shocked me.

Hutton still cannot pass though

though i am happy with the result i am still not convinced with the overall performance or the manager

yet again today we had a few short periods were we looked decent, but overall we played far too sloppily and hardly created anything as a team. a penalty that was entirely down to bent closing down a wolves player and 2 superb strikes out of nowhere from keane. this has been the case for much of the season, and while it may be enough against the bottom teams, its not going to cut it against the better ones, as shown by our results against them. we still sit back too much when we should be pushing for the killer blow

wolves actually had a lot of clear cut chances but luckily for us decided to shoot straight at given. and when they got it past him we had marc on the on the line to clear it. i cant help but feel that if frimpong hadnt got injured (he was running the game) and henry hadnt been an idiot, we would not have got the 3 points. still i guess the result is all that matters.

It was a good turnaround and result, but that game was paper over the cracks. We still have major issues to address.

This is true. An opportunist penalty and two fabulous strikes but other than that and Gardner's header in the first minute, we created little until the red card. We had many chances after they had 10 men but only because of their pushes forward. We also managed to mess up every one them.

We are still way too slow with our passing moves in the final third. It just looks easy to defend against. Hutton's crossing was bang on today tbf to him but without N'Zogbia, Ireland and Gabby (for 45 mins) we didnt have any creativity or players who can take opponents on and struggled.

Our major problems other than that are still too much hoofing and set-pieces both offensively and defensively.

It would be interesting to dig out the thread after 'that' Everton away victory, to see how lucky the manager was that day.

People do comment on similar circumstances in completely different ways, depending upon their standpoint. :D

It would be interesting to dig out the thread after 'that' Everton away victory, to see how lucky the manager was that day.

People do comment on similar circumstances in completely different ways, depending upon their standpoint. :D

Did everton have their best player taken off injured and another sent off that day?

Indeed.

It's amazing how reluctant you are, for instance, to refer to O'Neill (be it directly or indirectly) when discussing the Villa in the here and now. :mrgreen:

Indeed.

It's amazing how reluctant you are, for instance, to refer to O'Neill (be it directly or indirectly) when discussing the Villa in the here and now. :mrgreen:

:lol:

He does seem obsessed with MON

The "luck" or "individual brilliance" arguement is a load of shite. I suppose Mourinho, Pepe, SAF, Wenger, etc. are all shit managers as well because clearly they win games because their top class players do good things to get them the 3 points? Just give McLeish credit where it's due ratyher than thinking of excuses to crticise him when we win.

McLeish is doing OK

6 wins in 22 games is not "OK".

By all means im happy we won today as wins are as rare as rocking horse shite under McLeish.

But cmon he has not be doing OK by any means.

I agree. I guess our league position is ok but if this were last season we'd be in a lot more trouble. Thank God the teams down the bottom are doing a lot worse this season.

That's utter tosh especially if the implication is that by criticizing the manager you aren't supporting your club.

i'd ask you to read the rest of the next page and a half, where i tried to explain what i meant.

You then go on to talk about people who were willing us to lose thereby associating criticizing the manager with wanting us to lose and therefore not supporting the club.

hopefully my other posts after that clarified it a bit?

No, they didn't. In the end, you seemed to say, "If you don't support the club like I do then you don't support the club."

It's unfortunately a common theme from all corners against those at all points of the spectrum; whether one is in favour of the manager or not; in favour of the owner or not; and so on.

Â