The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2-0 down and takes the only player that looks like doing something off....take a defender off, and go for it, if u lose 3-0 so be it, as long as u go for it....useless.....get rid!

Yes but all SI did was pass it to Swansea players and did not make a tackle all game

I guess you didnt watch the game then.....

Yes i did I was there at VP not watching on telly, you moron.

Not gonna put this one on McLeish. Little he can do for individual mistakes like that. He set out the team the way a lot of people wanted judging by the thread before the game.

Anyone can write 11 names on a team sheet.

Unfortunately for us managing a premier league club requires more than this.

Posessing players? There's really not much a manager can do when players poor mistakes directly cost 2 goals.

Looks like my decision not to visit Villa Park again until McLeish has gone is correct. Popped to the gym intstead so I'm a bit fitter and have saved myself a few quid as well, didnt even bother keeping an eye on the score. I came back to see the score and hear the reports and was not the least bit surprised. McLeish Out!

it's not like 20 years ago when they would of been on the piss over the xmas and new year.

Well...

N0068101300384173236A.jpg

For me, the cancer of the team

Agree, Dunne (USUALLY!) is a solid defender so the rot is not as bad but Collins is unreliable, makes mistakes and for me is one in the dressing room we need shot of. How can we expect players like Bannan to learn when Collins is such a **** piss-head himself.

Unfortunately, this year he has a manager who will not tell him that!

2-0 down and takes the only player that looks like doing something off....take a defender off, and go for it, if u lose 3-0 so be it, as long as u go for it....useless.....get rid!

Yes but all SI did was pass it to Swansea players and did not make a tackle all game

I guess you didnt watch the game then.....

Yes i did I was there at VP not watching on telly, you moron.

Agreed with you to be honest, Ireland in the 2nd half was awful and the complaints and bringing him off were laughable. Instead we went with 2 wingers and 2 up top. No point in just taking of Zog for Marc and not changing anything.

Not gonna put this one on McLeish. Little he can do for individual mistakes like that. He set out the team the way a lot of people wanted judging by the thread before the game.

Anyone can write 11 names on a team sheet.

Unfortunately for us managing a premier league club requires more than this.

Posessing players? There's really not much a manager can do when players poor mistakes directly cost 2 goals.

Agreed can't put those mistakes on him.

But we were never in the game because we were completely outplayed and even at 1-0 down we didn't look likely to equalise because we were clueless going forward.

Mistakes happen in games but there is no excuse for how bad we were for the rest of the game and how easily Swansea outplayed us.

The manager and Warnock let us down today. The players looked tired, rotation was needed, like Swansea did so successfully. I can see his reasoning, but no point playing players only with the tank half full. His in game decisions were poor today. Ireland was our best player, and was taken off when 2-0 down. Warnock was won ragged and stayed on the pitch for the 90. Petrov had nothing left for most of the second half. Poor decision making today. 2 shots on target at home against Swansea, shocking.

It's not just this game.

Our approach to games in general is terrible and I can't see any evidence to suggest Mcleish can build a winning team.

It's made worse to see how well Swansea outplayed us and how positive their approach to the game was today.

Brendan Rodgers is doing a superb job there at Swansea, has got them playing some great football which is also pleasing on eye.

Something we could only dream of seeing at Villa Park under McLeish.

if Rodgers or any Villa manager tried this they would fail with our players adn would lead to abuse on these pages

So we should stick with the McLeish way?

never said that but passing football fails at Villa. Houllier tried it and was slaughtered by fans

I agree to a point but while Houllier did try to implement a certain style some performances were shocking and I think that it wasn't just down to our style of play but the players lack of spirit and, on the surface at least, them not wanting to play for Houllier.

I think a manager like Martinez or Rodgers could well make things happen here if the they got the respect of the players and tried to implement their style over a couple of seasons. That doesn't have to mean that we have to be lurking near the relegation zone for most of the season though.

Implementing a short passing style of football with our current players is not something that should be impossible, most of them are good on the ball (with some glaring exceptions!).

Alex McLeish has no clear way of how he wants us to play and as a bonus we are horrible to watch most of the time.

Thing is, and I am not a Mcleish fan, but a defeat against Chelsea and win against Swansea would have been the same points return.

Doesn't make the performance any better though or the fact it is not the first time we have performed badly at home. I understand your point though.

Thing is, and I am not a Mcleish fan, but a defeat against Chelsea and win against Swansea would have been the same points return.

It's not just about the points though is it? It's about how we play and if we even give it a go. Today we didn't stand a chance against a newly promoted team.

Just back from VP. Have to say that one of the most surprising things is that McLeish is still pretty much getting a free pass. There was the don't know what your doing when Ireland came off but at full time amongst the 10k or so that were left it was a mixed reaction with some strangely even applauding.

I'm getting the impression that fans standards have just dropped completely and mid table crap is acceptable. Houllier got dogs abuse last season at Man City and at home to Spurs, Sunderland and the worse abuse I've ever seen at full time against Wolves. Now obviously we were deep in relegation mire then and the drop from the previous seasons was drastic but that shouldn't make the tripe often being served up now any more palatable.

There is a real lethargy around the club from the chairman, management, players and the supporters and I include myself in that. Its a culmination of the tripe served up over the last 18 months and its sad to see. Aston Villa deserves far better and we as fans should be demanding it. If we don't then nobody else will.

It is but losing to Chelsea and seeing them go a further 3 points ahead would have been a lot better than seeing Swansea take 3 points off us and go above us in the league.

If the results were the other way around Swansea would only be on 20 points instead of 23.

Â