The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although he will get all the stick, that Dyer goal **** us right up and McLeish could do nothing about Warnock's howler.

He had 86 mins plus injury to get it right. We are shit at home because we are a counter-attacking team. McLeish can not get us playing any other way. We need a top manager in, which is the problem, because who would want to manage this **** titanic-esque club.

Counter attacking team or not, we should still play well at home, under MON we were a counter attacking team, but still managed to play very well at home too. Everton and wolves at villa park soon? Cant see us winning either of those. We'll be well down the table again by Easter.

do opposition teams talk about our decline or us being poor when they beat us.... not bloody likely.

Afraid so. I live in london now, and had to sit on the train home reading an article by Benoit Assou-Ekotto titled "We might end up like Aston Villa" he went on to talk about our decline and how we failed to capitalise on our form at the time and sold our best players.

Teams do see the decline of others

Indeed. I live in London too, read the same article. Hear the same tired old question when I mention I'm a Villa fan - "what happened?"

We're not really as laughing stock. We're pitied, or even worse we're seen as a non-entity.

Although he will get all the stick, that Dyer goal **** us right up and McLeish could do nothing about Warnock's howler.

He had 86 mins plus injury to get it right. We are shit at home because we are a counter-attacking team. McLeish can not get us playing any other way. We need a top manager in, which is the problem, because who would want to manage this **** titanic-esque club.

I'm not excusing what followed but conceding that early was the absolute worst thing that could have happened.

Can't argue with the team he put out but that's half the battle.

I would love a manager who can get our players to try and play football like Swansea did today.

We were completely outplayed and we had a manager with no ideas

Agree, that was a good team he had out there today but they played like they were underdogs, average, no passing or fighting ability.

Problem: Mcleish.

How do we solve it?

I would love a manager who can get our players to try and play football like Swansea did today.

We were completely outplayed and we had a manager with no ideas

Agree.

Brendan Rodgers is doing a superb job there at Swansea, has got them playing some great football which is also pleasing on eye.

Something we could only dream of seeing at Villa Park under McLeish.

I don't understand why Albrighton was dropped - it's his re-introduction to the team that has seen the team 'improve'. All to fit in Stephen Ireland.

The team still can't create chances. And he still needs to go. And we'll still go down if he stays.

People need to get round their head that whilst we don't have an amazing manager we also have some very average players. It wouldn't matter a great deal who was in the technical area.

Weak weak weak excuse.

Norwich, Wigan, Swansea, Blackburn and others would be more than happy to have some of our players on their books. The first three alone cope brilliantly with less quality and have all out-performed us this season or regularly.

Swansea tore us apart today, make no mistake about it. We were their bitch.

(And well done to them, proper football being played, hope they stay up).

2-0 down and takes the only player that looks like doing something off....take a defender off, and go for it, if u lose 3-0 so be it, as long as u go for it....useless.....get rid!

Yes but all SI did was pass it to Swansea players and did not make a tackle all game

We might have some average players but we can expect better than today.

Our movement, passing and attacking ideas are terrible.

The only option was an average albrighton trying to cross the ball everytime which resulted in a few corners.

There is no excuse for today's performance and I refuse to believe no manager could do better.

Again performances like today make me dread what Mcleish will build over the next few years.

I don't understand why Albrighton was dropped - it's his re-introduction to the team that has seen the team 'improve'. All to fit in Stephen Ireland.

was to fit in Darren Bent who should have stayed out of team

Â