The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

FWIW i still think we'll pull one result out the bag this xmas that will convince the board to keep him...

good to see the media turning towards him because on sunday night / monday morning it looked like they were ready to stand up for him and blame the players (stan collymore was an utter dick sunday night)

I don't get why Collymore is always in support of AMc, when he was in charge of Blues he did a whole show slating his negative tactics of having 1 up front at home and what a crap manager he was.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

naz in regards to banner a good point was raised we lie 10th so raising a banner makes us villa fans look abit foolish evn we all now mcleish is failing miserably.

we are likely to lose the next three games i would advise doing it for the first home game in the new year when we are probably lying around 15th-16th

he cant survive that

Good point - maybe you are right - timing is crucial!

TBH there is never a good time, after these three games we'll need the team to pick up points against the teams we'll be fighting against.

The whole issue here is the fact that we can see the way things are going yet on the face of it he's doing an alright job. Nobody really gave us a chance of beating City, Utd, Liverpool, and everybody is writing us off for the Arsenal and Chelsea games so actully it doesn't really matter to him and his contract if the players dont even bother turning up for those games.

Presently we're 10th in the league, which must be about smack bang in the middle of where he's expected to finish this season under the terms of his contract. We cannot legitimately sack him for something that might (although probably will) happen so unfortunately until things get really bad we can't expect the board to listen.

The white flag idea is brilliant but will probably be more of a kick up the arse for McLeish and the senior players than the board.

That is fine by me I would want to aim a protest squarly at McLeish.

I'm just waiting for the regular article to appear on the OS about how McLeish wants the team fired up for a big game.

And how they need to show aggression. It's at least 48 hours since we've heard him spout that bollocks. No wonder we get so many stupid yellow cards and have shite thugs like Hutton in the team.

White flag is about as perfect as you can get about now, I dont think a banner YET, if were languishing around 15th at some point soon and playing the same then I think a banner is inevitable, but a white flag says it all right about now, that or the other idea of Z's but the white flag is easier I spose

There's no point protesting before or during games because the media, and more importantly McLeish, will use it as an excuse if we continue to play shit and lose.

Protesting after matches makes more sense but again I fear that the likes of Oliver Holt, talkSPORT etc will just jump all over us for being "small time". Even though we have to put up with the worst manager in my 20 years as a fan.

playing devil's advocate I can also see it from the club's perspective.

As it stands AMc actually hasn't done anything wrong (well I odnt have a copy of his contract to hand but it's a fair assumption I believe) we're not in the relagation zone, in fact we're in the top half of the table with almost half of the season gone. The club isn't bankrupting itself, and so far all of the players he's signed permanently are in the starting line up (at least appearing to earn their money). Hardly grounds for a sacking is it?

I would wager his contract talks in terms of results, league positions and rounds of cups, not formations, tactics and styles of play. Yes we can turn up and moan, and yes the board may not like it, but ultimately while we're still paying to turn and moan and our PL status isn't at risk they're not likely to do anything, and from a legal perspective are probably unable to.

And until such time that AMc fails to meet the objectives stipulated in his contract, or it clear that his being at the club is significantly affecting attendences the board will not even entertain getting rid, and nor should they.

Having seen us give up before a ball is kicked I think we should all bring white flags to a game to wave in surrender to whoever the game is against. Should be pretty easy to do as you can wave anything from a hanky to a pillow case, it's generally pretty easy to find some white material to flail about.

Great idea. This would be so much better than a few anti-McLeish banners because it suggests that our issues are with the tactics rather than the man.

Protesting is pointless.

They simply don't care what the fans think.

Protests are not pointless, they at least have a chance (even a slim onoe) of achieving something. The only thing that is pointless is apathy, which is guaranteed to achieve nothng.

Having seen us give up before a ball is kicked I think we should all bring white flags to a game to wave in surrender to whoever the game is against. Should be pretty easy to do as you can wave anything from a hanky to a pillow case, it's generally pretty easy to find some white material to flail about.

Great idea. This would be so much better than a few anti-McLeish banners because it suggests that our issues are with the tactics rather than the man.

We should all run on the pitch and starting lying down in sleeping bags in the centre circle for the next match 8)

How did Liverpool get rid of Hodgson? Allardyce at Newcastle?

Just be interested to know as neither were in danger of anything but the fans despised the style of play and the results.

Our style of play is awful and we have only won 4 games this season out of 16. Soon to be 4 out of 18 with straws to be clutched against Stoke.

It's probably that 'mutual consent' thing meaning they paid them a shed load of cash to go quietly.

The problem being I dont think Randy has the balls or the appetite to throw a shed load of cash at the problem to make it go away and I really struggle to see who would want to come into the club after we'd just shown our 3rd (proper) manager the door in less than 2 seasons. Especially when you consider the things we all know about in the lack of transfer funds and a wage bill that needs to be reduced etc.

How did Liverpool get rid of Hodgson? Allardyce at Newcastle?

Just be interested to know as neither were in danger of anything but the fans despised the style of play and the results.

But had boards that listened.....however Toon can keep Ashley

He'll most likely only manage 4 wins out 19 in the first half of the season. This is with one of the highest goalscorers in the Premier League. I just can't imagine how he would do without Bent. 6-8 wins maximum at the end of the season?

Protesting is pointless.

They simply don't care what the fans think.

Protests are not pointless, they at least have a chance (even a slim onoe) of achieving something. The only thing that is pointless is apathy, which is guaranteed to achieve nothng.

The club is owned 100% by Randy Lerner. He is hardly at the club anymore.

Both Lerner, Krulak and Falkner were all made aware of fans concerns regarding McLeish's appointment - from people they've previously thought of having 'trusted'.

There were protests before the appointment of McLeish and were written off as ill-birmingham city feeling.

They don't care what we think, and seeing as it's Randy Lerner's to do what he wants to do with it - we've nothing to protest about.

They will do nothing except get a few faces in the newspaper again.

I probably want the clown out of the club more than anyone on here. But we are powerless - it's modern day football, sadly. It'll just a waste of time, effort and money.

All in all I have never ever been as bored watching Villa as I am at the moment, its tedious and painful to watch even when we win a game! My god I feel like pulling my hair out watching them!! In fact the more I think about it I wonder why the hell I am even contemplating going tomorrow even though I am a ST holder!! All that is going through my head is again sitting arms folded bored out of my skull watching dross.

I have been trying to figure out why I feel like I have lost all interest and apart from being boring to watch I think there was a big element of knowing that we will NEVER be able to keep a player that comes good. Gone are the days where you can get a legend because before they reach that status they will have gone chasing big money elsewhere.

Â