The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes it laughable now when only a couple of seasons ago people were calling for MON head. At least we could give any team in the league a game then and played exciting football. Now it seems like just a matter of time before we're playing championship football, if not next season, then it won't be far off unless we make some big changes sooner rather than later.

To save this season we need to get some serious reinforcements in, hopefully survive (I even happily take mid table obscurity at this point just to save any end of season worries), then I hope and pray Lerner has the sense to change the manager (even though he prob won't) or sell up

Delph was bad but Bannan was hardly much better.Both giving the ball away easily.

All the players came out at half time looking like they had no idea what was just said to them, talking to each other and looking confused!

i reckon both of these things are related to be honest, i saw the conversation between dunne, collins and warnock too. dunne looked to be both pissed off and confused, to say the least. if the players are not REALLY clear in what they have to do then the way they work together is compromised. there was no good movement for the player on the ball as a result of this, so limited options going forward, so we give it away a lot.

this is something MON was very good at, making sure that every player understood exactly what they should be doing. give them simple instructions and don't confuse them, the results are his direct and attacking football. the down side as we all saw was the one-dimensional and predictable stuff when we weren't in a situation that suited playing on the break.

today we were woefull apart from some stuff fonz and alby and nzogbia did. it was only little flashes though and as a group we looked clueless and gutless, second half most of them looked like they didn't want to be there at all. i've been trying to reserve judgement on AM. it's hard to see what, if anything positive he is doing with this group of players though. you can't even say we're hard to beat or tight at the back.

Yes RL has messed us up with his tight wallet but at the same time we have a decent squad with good youth and we have experience too. A manager needs to make changes when its needed, look at the back 4 its useless yet we have (IMO) the best center half on our bench in Carlos and one of our better players last season in Clark. Is time is long up and must go. A manager with more of a tactical mind and better manager skills all round will do a decent job with the current lot. Sparky springs to mind and is out of work. GO GET HIM!

said when mcleish took over that i didnt want him but was happy to give him time given the circumstances he'd been brought in. at this point now though, he's probably got to go, and it's got to be before the window opens.

ive never seen a point in bringing in a new man unless he can sign players, so we'd ideally look to get someone in in the next week or so

i dont think it'll happen though. a director of football, or decent ceo is desperately needed at the club to give lerner a hand during big decisions. faulkner is a businessman, like lerner, and would know less about football than randy himself. we need a football man in there at a reasonably high level.

with mcleish though, it can't go on the way it is. ropey performances are to be expected early on, but the frequency at which we just roll over with no attacking ambition when we play perceived bigger teams is alarming. you don't win football games if you don't score goals, and you don't score goals if you play defensively

collins needs to be dropped if the defense is going to do anything. dunne spends more time worrying about covering him for when he inevitably dives in/falls over/loses possession that he can't focus on his own game. so instead of having a focused dunne, we have a disaster of a centre back pairing. dropping collins and bringing in cuellar (assuming he's match fit at this stage) would improve the back line hugely. cuellar at right back may not have been the greatest thing in the world to watch, especially when he had the ball, but by christ the guy can read a game and doesnt have the same tendency to balls up as collins.

overall we're quite an attacking team given the personnel we have, so having them playing defensively means that we're not only refusing to play to our strength, but we're doing something we're not very good at.

had we gone out and tried to play good attacking football, and had the same results, i dont think mcleish would be seen in the same light. but we're not. we're playing dead as soon as the game starts

Dear Randy:

If you insist on running (rather than ruining) OUR club, then get a football man in to help you with decisions.

Paul Faulkner MUST GO immediately. Yes, I said IMMEDIATELY. He has done a piss poor job.

Alex McLeish MUST GO as soon as is practically possible.

MCLEISH OUT!!!!!

that is all.

where has the Mark Hughes love in come from?

Stuff Hughes. Get Moyes in.... Break the bank for him.

give it a few more weeks and we probably wouldnt need to break the bank for moyes, lots of discontent among everton fans about him lately

Â