The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clark is so much better technically, Collins only has brute force over him imo so that's a bit disappointing.

Mcleish has another down side imo that I didn't mention in my above post and that's his 4-5-1. At home the very least we should be doing is playing an attacking brand and trying to get on the front foot.

I will have a guess by the start of December Clark will replace Collins.

Well considering we are apparently offering Collins a new contract I highly doubt that.

Huh ?

Just coz we've offerred a contract doesnt mean he will be a first choice player. He offerred Charles NZogbia a contract 3 months ago, I didn't see him playing against Wigan !.

Do you have inside information on what it says in his contract - or how much we will pay him then ?.

So make your mind up - coz all I have heard for 2 yrs is "give the kids a chance" and now you dont want it.

It is all, spend 25m on him, he looks good on football manager, buy him........

Where was the current no. 1 ,and currently the goalie sitting on top of the premier league playing 2 yrs ago - on loan at Small Heath Alliance, finishing mid table. Look at him now !.

Yesterday, we saw when we had 11 men, an attacking side, and in Bent, Gabby, Herd, Bannan, 4 great performances. Herd was then sent off and all the players we all knew would - Petrov, Dunne, Warnock and all fall to pieces.

I will have a guess by the start of December Clark will replace Collins. I will guess by January, Gardner will start to feature.

This year is going to be up and down. But by the end of it, we will know what is needed for next year.

1.I think most people - Mcleish included know what is needed right now. - but we don't have the funds to secure such players - unless you have some inside info that suggests we might at the end of the season.

2.Personally if we did start spending £25m on him and him - I would feel a lot more optimistic

3.Ever since I can remember football has always been (roughly) about the here and now. Managers who bullshit about long term strategies - are taking you for a ride. Yes it takes time - but all i am asking is to win a few home games. Graham Taylor took from relegation to league runners up in 3 years - look at redknap at spurs - it shouldnt take years to assemble a reasonable prem team.

4.Your point about premier appearances confuses me. Yes the two players played a lot of games for us - and didn't cost the earth in fees - but equally the likes of young, milner, downing - made us more of a force - and we doubled our money on each player ?

Confused.

Do you have inside information on what it says in his contract - or how much we will pay him then ?.

No.

He won't drop Collins for Clark, he will stick with Collins whilst fit and will renew his contract.. I don't know why people are shocked.. this is it now, average players on long(er) contracts.

There is absolutely nothing to suggest Clark will play ahead of Collins around December time unless he is injured, he has made it very clear that he will stick with the chuckle brothers as soon as he came to the club.

Which is also why the threats about dropping players if they lose their man don't wash with me either. Personally, if I was Randy I wouldn't give McLeish another penny as he is woeful in the market (besides defenders).. then again if I was Randy I wouldn't have hired him in the first place.

Clark is so much better technically, Collins only has brute force over him imo so that's a bit disappointing.

Mcleish has another down side imo that I didn't mention in my above post and that's his 4-5-1. At home the very least we should be doing is playing an attacking brand and trying to get on the front foot.

Before the sending off we had something like 60-40 possession and were 1 up cruising for a 2/3-1 victory. We were very much on the front foot. The only game at home that we weren't was against Newcastle.

Before the sending off we had something like 60-40 possession and were 1 up cruising for a 2/3-1 victory. We were very much on the front foot. The only game at home that we weren't was against Newcastle.

I completely agree with us being better at the start of Albion but we should be anyway....it's Albion and after the sending off it was like we all stood on the goal line with the occasional break. I'm not against him anyway, like I said earlier he's got my backing for now.

You see - thats the whole thing in a nutshell

"we should be better - its Albion " - you've just summed it up in one.

Chelsea - SHOULD be beating QPR now, I mean, its only QPR, the team crap Villa were 4 seconds away from beating.

People just want to bash the club, the players, the manager, anything,

Rather than seeing that maybe, football is changing, its not about spending 100m to get instant success, well, I suppose you could like Liverpool, and get 2 places in the league above "crap" Villa

Give the manager time for god sake.

Chelsea - SHOULD be beating QPR now, I mean, its only QPR, the team crap Villa were 4 seconds away from beating.

Rather than seeing that maybe, football is changing, its not about spending 100m to get instant success, well, I suppose you could like Liverpool, and get 2 places in the league above "crap" Villa

Let me make this simple for you :-

What exactly is it you are advocating ?

You seem like a right tit tbh. If you read my post before and the bit at the end of that post you replied to you'd see I have nothing but respect for Mcleish and I'm giving him more than enough time. I'm simply giving my 'crtitique' in the right thread.

Get off you high horse when I'm basically behind Mcleish, I just want him to think more on an attacking wave length at times. And as for Albion...that's not ambitious it's simple expectations.

I agree but if we going to play Stoke or Bolton id have Collins over Clark. Clark looks like he is easily bullied like by Carroll last season

I agree but if we going to play Stoke or Bolton id have Collins over Clark. Clark looks like he is easily bullied like by Carroll last season

Yep agree there, fire with fire. For the likes of Stoke Bannan wouldn't start either imo.

I completely agree with us being better at the start of Albion but we should be anyway....it's Albion and after the sending off it was like we all stood on the goal line with the occasional break. I'm not against him anyway, like I said earlier he's got my backing for now.

I hear ya. Sure it was 'only' Albion, but it was always going to be tough going down to 10 men to a team that was already decent enough at keeping possession beforehand.

No.

He won't drop Collins for Clark, he will stick with Collins whilst fit and will renew his contract.. I don't know why people are shocked.. this is it now, average players on long(er) contracts.

There is absolutely nothing to suggest Clark will play ahead of Collins around December time unless he is injured, he has made it very clear that he will stick with the chuckle brothers as soon as he came to the club.

Which is also why the threats about dropping players if they lose their man don't wash with me either. Personally, if I was Randy I wouldn't give McLeish another penny as he is woeful in the market (besides defenders).. then again if I was Randy I wouldn't have hired him in the first place.

Agree, Randy has **** up his last 2 managerial appointments. Wonder if he will get the 3rd right when Mcleish fails.

Not sure why Collins has the reputation for being good in the air - which I assume is why you would put him in against Stoke. Personally, I would play Cuellar and Dunne with Clark in front of them.

No.

Agree, Randy has **** up his last 2 managerial appointments. Wonder if he will get the 3rd right when Mcleish fails.

Don't know how many times this gets posted, but Lerner has **** up his only two managerial appointments. Doug chose MON, although it was clearly under the consensus that ownership was due to change with investment ready

OK, this is a McLiesh critque,

Everyone worried because of his reputation for organised, dull grinding football, WTF happened on Saturday then.

Going down to 10 men and 1 - 0 up organised, dull grinding was what we needed and what we got was nothing like that, opportunity to change the personnel at half time to steady the ship, no changes when we had lost our misfield bite.

I actually feel let down for the first time since the appointment

I actually feel sorry for him. i really do. You can see that he really wants to do well here and this is a big opportunity for him. the biggest he's had. the [problem being that he just isn't good enough. A poor decision by the board and I think many of us could see this coming/ leaving aside where he came from - which is bad enough in my eyes - Mcleish just simply isn't good enough. how long should he get? Until the situation gets so bad and we fall into the bottom 3 again? Who would want to take us over then? As I've said elsewhere the writing is already on the wall should we lose at home to Norwich. losing away in front of a thousand or so people is easy. Doing it in front of 30 odd thousand isn't.

Â