The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

I just can't stand McLeish, just have no confidence in him and yes we were unlucky to go down to 10 men but he was useless again and has been from the beginning....only Blackburn was something half decent.

Well I gave him a chance like some asked....now I'm more hacked off with him, he's even more useless than I thought and the football is awful. I'm watching the game and thinking of other things, like what I need to do after the match etc etc and I fear for our position for the season but I'm just as fearful of 3 years of this....depressing!

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same situation as last season IMO. This is never going to work out and we're going to end up with yet another poor manager like the last two. The thing that annoys me the most is that Randy went from trying to get Martinez/ Benitez, managers who like to have their teams pass the ball to Mcleish. Its clear that Randy is clueless when it comes to these things.

Yeah that's all I want now. I accept we aren't going to challenge for anything, I accept we aren't going to spend much money but two things I would like is Effort and a bit of entertainment, which certainly isn't from the current style of football.

Could be worse, could have had Martinez!

Martinez has done well at Wigan considering the funding that he has there. He certainly had the Zog playing - something McLeish can't even get close to! And he does try to play football, as he did with Swansea. It would be at least interesting to see what he could do with a better squad.

Martinez >>>> McLeish every time for me.

I agree with you.

They have lost 7 on the bounce. He is not doing well.

Martinez has done well at Wigan considering the funding that he has there. He certainly had the Zog playing - something McLeish can't even get close to! And he does try to play football, as he did with Swansea. It would be at least interesting to see what he could do with a better squad.

I agree with you.

They don't have N'Zogbia anymore (who played a big part) in keeping them up aswell.. Survival for a club like Wigan is an achievement.

I agree with you.

They don't have N'Zogbia anymore (who played a big part) in keeping them up aswell.. Survival for a club like Wigan is an achievement.

To get a bigger job, you have to do a good job with your club, McLeish shouldn't of got the job here and nor should Martinez.

If it was between McLeish or Martinez I'd still take Martinez tomorrow and no it's not because McLeish was from Birmingham (I couldn't care less)... It'd be another great achievement if Martinez keeps Wigan up again this year (I doubt it though).

I agree, someone like Moyes would've been nice instead of the two but that's for another time/thread.

To get a bigger job, you have to do a good job with your club, McLeish shouldn't of got the job here and nor should Martinez.

My sentiments exactly.

I believe the board hamstrung themselves by insisting on "premier league experience" for their manager.

Stuff that. Give me a manager that has a track record of success over one that has scraped his way and been involved in 2 relegations.

Even if youre on a budget - the one thing you can't skimp on is the managers position. I would rather have had a better manager with less transfer funds. I know that creates an issue that the better managers seek assurances about transfer funds - but Aston Villa should always be considering better managers than

Martinez

Mclaren

Mcleish

those managers run the boltons, wigans, etc.

that 100% where we have gone rung - not aiming high in the manager stakes.

I just can't stand McLeish, just have no confidence in him and yes we were unlucky to go down to 10 men but he was useless again and has been from the beginning....only Blackburn was something half decent.

so the Wigan game didnt happen :s

i reckon we should have taken a punt on gus poyet personally. he looks liek one of the best young amangers in the country.

my concern with mcleish is the lack of chances we create. its abysmal. we created more under houllier but were poorer at the back

I agree with you.

think Martinez would have been disastrous. He cant line up his defence and would probably have us in a worse position now

Did we work Foster after Herd got sent off? Villa must be the only team who look like they will definitely lose once we have a player sent off.

I understood why he brought on Heskey as we lacked a bit of muscle on the pitch. Trouble is, I don't think he should have been in midfield. IMO, West Brom's midfield is the best part of their team. The weakest is their defence. I would have thrown Heskey up top alongside Bent and just got our defenders to do what they do best and hoof it up to Heskey and hope that we could win a few knock-downs and create a chance or two from that. Trying to pass it through them with Heskey in the middle was never going to work IMO.

I would also have liked for us to have taken off Warnock for Albrighton and gone 3 at the back with Gabby and Alby playing as wing backs. We were 2-1 down and still we kept a back four on the pitch. Didn't make any sense to me.

Â