• Petrov
    • Bannan
    • Bent
    • Gabby
    • Albrighton (for Bannan 67)
    • Ireland (for Petrov 67)
    • Delfouneso (for Bent 85)

Poor stuff from Villa again.

Bent can hardly get a touch nevermind a goal.

Delph probably MOTM

Delph MOTM? Are you kidding me. The guy was poor once again. Nzogbia is having a shocking start to his Villa career. I haven't seen any of the blistering runs he put in on a regular basis for Wigan. Is it the system we are playing? Maybe. Our tactics are woeful & very negative.

Bannan showed a lot of quality before wrongly being taken off when Delph should have been replaced.

Given again proved what an astute buy he was. Amazing performance again. That in itself says it all about the direction we are going at the moment. Yes, it is another point and we are still unbeaten, but we should be winning these games at home. A great run of fixtures for AMc & we have drawn 4 and won 1.

Given - 9: Made some fantastic saves, would have lost the game with any other keeper. MOTM for me.

Hutton - 5: Looked solid enough for most of the match, got caught in posession a couple of times though.

Warnock - 6: Was committed and worked his arse off today, I do blame him for the goal though as he got caught ball watching.

Collins - 6: Looked decent enough

Dunne - 6: Same as Collins

Petrov - 8: By far the best outfield player we had today. He's looked like the midfielder we've been missing since Milner left.

Delph - 4: Dire performance, gave the ball away more times than I could count, looked lightweight and suspect when defending.

Bannan - 7: Showed his talent today, some great passes, especially the one for the goal.

N'Zogbia - 2: Made my eyes bleed today, his touch, pace, vision, decision making... He looked like a league 1 player at best.

Bent - 3: Anonymous, he had 2 great chances to score and wasted them both. Was actually happy to see him go off, and wished it happened before the 85th min.

Gabby - 7: Another one for his tally, also worked hard for the cause. Faded away a bit in the 2nd half though.

Albrighton - 6: Looked like his former self when he came on, not really enough time to do anything.

Ireland - ?: Who?

Delfouneso - ?: Didn't have enough time to really get going.

Overall a terrible performance, sitting way to deep for the get-go. We looked like the away side, and made Newcastle look like Barcelona. AMC Really needs to go back to the drawing board if we want to finish in the top half this season.

Didnt watch the game today but so confused were unbeaten but playing poorly and i dont know if its a good thing or bad. sounds like its time nzog got dropped really dissapointed in him. 2 really big games next for villa- QPR and wigan. Qpr destroyed wolves today so dont hold much hope and wigan is a must win. these are the games we need to be winning before palying the man utds and chelseas of the league

Once again we're second best and are lucky to get away with a point. Other than Blackburn we've been outplayed in every single game home and away. I'm furious and gutted about how bad we have become. Sorry state of affairs.

MOTM Given yet again. The only reason we're not in the bottom 3.

Yes Newcastle were the better team for most of the match, but e missed 2 absolute sitters, one of them when we were 1-0 up and would've put the match out of sight.

Unbeaten still but too many draws. Not sure how you can say it's a sorry state of affairs as this lot beat us 6-0 last year so if anything that result is an improvement.

We didn't play that well but could as easily have won the match. There are problems in linking the play, and two key players in Bent and CNZ don't seem right yet, but the way people are talking it sounds like we've lost 5 out of 5!

You could go unbeaten all season and get relegated. I'd much rather we lost to Everton and beat Newcastle or Wolves. This will be bad if we fail to pick up 3 points soon before we come up against all the premier league "big guns."

When you realise we are a selling club these days and have not got the cash of the big boys, Mcleish is doing OK with an average prem squad and wea are still unbeaten, look at wolves today, that's a team that the supporters should worry about, no manager could make a top 8 side out of this squad, someone of you need a good word with yourselfe...jeeesus

It worries me just how difficult it seems to even get close to winning any game, I don't see us winning many games at all this season. Although we look decent defensively, it's going to be a very long, boring and unadventurous season, many more draws to come i think. Whoopee doo.

Bad performance. When I saw the line up was basically identical to the one that performed terribly against Everton, I figured we were in for a torrid time, but then for about 25 minutes in the first half it looked like we were onto something.

Then after half time Gabby went missing; N'Zog, Delph and Bent continued to be ineffective; McLeish subbed off probably our two most positive performers and by the end we were lucky to draw.

Small positives were good performances from Warnock, Bannan, Given and Petrov (my MotM). Nobody who outlasted Petrov on the pitch was as positively involved in the game, apart from maybe Given, but I don't want to give MotM to him since tbh Newcastle weren't exactly raining shots down on us. They were shite and should have been there for the taking.

Also, in the match thread people were saying Hutton wasn't too bad, but I wasn't feeling any positive vibes from him at all. He looks shaky defensively and going forward he looks as good as Cuellar. He had a few opportunities to cross and almost all were terrible (the one that wasn't terrible still wasn't great) and his passing interchanges down the right with Bannan, Zog and Petrov tended to end up with us losing possession.

Zog still looks poor but I think it's down to not understanding how his teammates play. He holds on too long because he's not sure which pass is a good one, and often when he does pass it's based on wrongly predicting a team mate's movement. I know people are going to be coming down like a ton of bricks on him after this but I hope those people are equally harsh towards Bent, because for me he was even poorer. Bent's goals may have saved us from relegation last season but so far this time round he is playing, literally, like a breath of fresh air.

Once again we're second best and are lucky to get away with a point. Other than Blackburn we've been outplayed in every single game home and away. I'm furious and gutted about how bad we have become. Sorry state of affairs.

MOTM Given yet again. The only reason we're not in the bottom 3.

Yes Newcastle were the better team for most of the match, but e missed 2 absolute sitters, one of them when we were 1-0 up and would've put the match out of sight.

Unbeaten still but too many draws. Not sure how you can say it's a sorry state of affairs as this lot beat us 6-0 last year so if anything that result is an improvement.

We didn't play that well but could as easily have won the match. There are problems in linking the play, and two key players in Bent and CNZ don't seem right yet, but the way people are talking it sounds like we've lost 5 out of 5!

But we beat them 1-0 in this fixture last year, it was 6-0 away.

I thought we looked decent enough in the first half. Second half was a joke, though. Absolute rubbish defending against their goal.

Not sure what AM was thinking by subbing Bannan off, he was the best player out there.

I agree with the above comment about not playing Bent when he's not fully fit.

But a half-fit Bent is still better than what's on the bench, eh?

Newcastle should be considered a club just below us in terms of quality, and therefore, 3 points at home against them is a must. Unacceptable result, this.

What worries me is how ineffective N'Zogbia seems to be. If he's our big signing, we need some production from him, and it doesn't look like he's got much confidence. Poor first touch, poor final touch, not much in the way of defending...

Still undefeated, but as soon as the big boys come calling, it's gonna get real ugly. Unless Lerner is already lining up some good winter signings, this season looks to be another grind.

Having watched another 90 minutes of dross I am confused and therefore have to ask:

Do our players actually know each other?

Do we have a game plan?

Do the players actually want to play for McLeish because it doesnt appear so?

Do the players know what McLeish wants them to do as it doesnt appear so?

I have never liked McLeish, which I will not hide, but he needs to go and soon. Ridiculous appointment, dire football and all credit to Pardew as he had a weaker team playing better football. Newcastle moved the ball well, were fluid with their movement and made us look like we are, ordinary.

i do not get one thing - in midfield, we are not marking players individually instead of, we are allowing them acres of space constantly running away from opp. players (it is not zonal marking - we are running right away from opp. players!). i do not get it - ffs why are we doing it? just stay with your player and do not run away from him making him unmarked. even in sunday league football which i play currently is the basic rule to mark your player in areas where are the ball coming to. villa players are staying in spaces when defending but it should be just by contraries, stay with your player when defending and find spaces between opp. defenders when we get the ball and attacking. how it should be a problem in one PL team???

When you realise we are a selling club these days and have not got the cash of the big boys, Mcleish is doing OK with an average prem squad and wea are still unbeaten, look at wolves today, that's a team that the supporters should worry about, no manager could make a top 8 side out of this squad, someone of you need a good word with yourselfe...jeeesus

I was going to take the time to construct a response, but realistically you are in denial. Look at who we played, lower mid table teams at best. If you remember, that wolves team got a 0-0 at our place.

Get your head out your arse FFS. Unbeaten crap!

in a strange **** up kind of way, im looking forward to us playing some good teams...

at least my body wont be filled with the sort of frustration that makes me wanna smash my computer screen after watching us get outplayed by dross opposition...

bring on Man City away when i expect to lose and we do....much better feeling

Â