• Delph
    • Petrov
    • Bannan
    • Bent
    • Gabby
    • Albrighton (for Bannan 67)
    • Ireland (for Petrov 67)
    • Delfouneso (for Bent 85)

When you realise we are a selling club these days and have not got the cash of the big boys, Mcleish is doing OK with an average prem squad and wea are still unbeaten, look at wolves today, that's a team that the supporters should worry about, no manager could make a top 8 side out of this squad, someone of you need a good word with yourselfe...jeeesus

I was going to take the time to construct a response, but realistically you are in denial. Look at who we played, lower mid table teams at best. If you remember, that wolves team got a 0-0 at our place.

Get your head out your arse FFS. Unbeaten crap!

What a tosser you are mate, Newcastle are 4th in the prem you idiot and are not a bad side, we have not lost yet and are 7th, WTF do you expect, we have lost our best players and have an average prem side...numpty.

Given 9- Best buy we could have made after Friedel. Saved us a point today and almost pulled off an incredible save for the goal to which he was unlucky.

Hutton 4- Woeful in possession and positionally poor first half. Slight improvement in the second.

Dunne 7- Had to deal with a lot and did most of it well, great up turn in form this season.

Collins 7- See Dunne.

Warnock 6- Not sure where he was for the goal, would have to see that again. Other than a few sloppy passes I thought he did ok. Couple of crucial interceptions at the end.

Bannan 6- Thought he was ok. Wasted out on the right wing IMO and should have been brought inside. Had a couple of glimpses such as the shot in the first half.

Delph 3- Terrible performance. Our whole midfield was ten yards off the opposition which was shocking. Looked slow and cumbersome in possession and gave the bal away too many times to count.

Petrov 5- Slightly better than Delph but not saying much. Was passed around too much, think he needs to play with Ireland in a three man midfield now.

N'Zogbia 2- Not really sure what I have given points for (maybe turning up). Absolutely awful. Ran into players, only took Taylor on once the whole game and gave the ball away far too much. Is not looking like a £9.5 million signing.

Agbonlahor 7- Took the goal well and was one of our better players. Had little to no service at all and did his best. Drifted out of the game second half by no fault of his own.

Bent 5- Didn't look fit. Should have scored in the first half but other than that not much to say.

Subs:

Ireland 6- Looked a brighter and improved our performance when he came on.

Albrighton 6- See Ireland.

Delfouneso didn't have too much time to impact.

Pretty poor performance. If it wasn't for Given we would have lost. How Delph and N'Zogbia lasted half an hour never mind the time they did. We can't continue to play 10 yards off the opposition or we will be punished. It helped that Newcastle were a poor side or we'd have been battered today.

I don't think that anyone can really defend the overall performance, it wasn't good enough.

We did have 2 good chances to kill the game off though, both Bent and Gabby could have sealed the deal for us but it just didn't happen.

The game really changed with Petrov coming off - we lost control and composure in midfield without him and he was having a great game.

Hutton, N'Zogbia and Bent are all really off form and low on confidence at the moment.

Awful, absolutely awful. I feel like cutting up my season ticket and sending it back on Monday! I can't put up with shit performances like this all **** season. Last season drove me insane, I'll be giving my neck if things don't improve!

Petrov and Delph can't play together as a 2. Delph is shit, it should have been him subbed instead of Petrov. Bent isn't fit but that's no excuse for the sitter he missed, however he shouldn't be playing if he's not 100% N'Zogbia is pissing me off, really needs to sort himself out. Bannan was poor. The love in on by some on here for Bannan and Delph is unbelievable. We will get hammered when we play the top teams as we have no midfield and they will just steam roll through us! Things need to change because if we carry on like this we'll be in BIG trouble in May!

Play them either side of Delph and that would be some midfield!!

Delph has quality, trouble is, its swamped with an aging Petrov and lightweight Bannan/Ireland next to him. He is the physical prescence, on his own, in a four man midfield. Thats never going to work.

Delph was awful today. The only person hindering his performance is himself.

Awful, absolutely awful. I feel like cutting up my season ticket and sending it back on Monday! I can't put up with shit performances like this all **** season. Last season drove me insane, I'll be giving my neck if things don't improve!

Petrov and Delph can't play together as a 2. Delph is shit, it should have been him subbed instead of Petrov. Bent isn't fit but that's no excuse for the sitter he missed, however he shouldn't be playing if he's not 100% N'Zogbia is pissing me off, really needs to sort himself out. Bannan was poor. The love in on by some on here for Bannan and Delph is unbelievable. We will get hammered when we play the top teams as we have no midfield and they will just steam roll through us! Things need to change because if we carry on like this we'll be in BIG trouble in May!

What a load of bollocks, cannot even bother replying to this crap from a bluenose.

Was at the game first 20 minutes i thought we played really well up until the point Bent missed his chance which 9 times out of 10 he would have buried. From then on it was pants some speculative efforts from Bannan and Petrov which if had gone in would have been goal of the season contenders and then Gabby dragged one wide at the start of the 2nd Half. I think the Defence defending look solid obviously distrubution is shocking i am hoping Jenas will be the answer to this dropping deep to take the ball off the defence to create attacks. Given is top quality we would not have 7 points with Brad still in goal thats for sure.

Reminds me alot of MONs first season i am sure we went until November unbeaten with alot of draws. Build from the back and go from there. Defence looks ok forwards ok but midfield as always is our problem.

Up the Villa

That was crap.

Terrible football, we were outplayed for 90% of the game.

Can't believe I just drove 100 miles to watch that. Can't be assed to come back Tuesday.

You're lucky you don't support an American team. 100 miles is a short jaunt for fans over here :lol:

What a load of bollocks, cannot even bother replying to this crap from a bluenose.

So what I said was wrong and we played well today then? You're delusional. What's the point in commenting about my post if you can't even explain your reasons for disagreeing with it!?!

i do not get one thing - in midfield, we are not marking players individually instead of, we are allowing them acres of space constantly running away from opp. players (it is not zonal marking - we are running right away from opp. players!). i do not get it - ffs why are we doing it? just stay with your player and do not run away from him making him unmarked. even in sunday league football which i play currently is the basic rule to mark your player in areas where are the ball coming to. villa players are staying in spaces when defending but it should be just by contraries, stay with your player when defending and find spaces between opp. defenders when we get the ball and attacking. how it should be a problem in one PL team???

this is spot on, the fact we don't press and close down players quickly is ridiculous - we can't afford to give teams this much space. If we do this against any of the top 5 we will get ripped to pieces.

Sometimes we genuinely look a threat and i am immensly impressed by the potential shown when going fwd, but for some strange reason this still isn't coming together, Bannan is great on the ball but he and Delph are headless chickens when not on in possession. Zog doesn't know what he is doing and Bent struggles to get involved.

Warnock was much better today definitely the second best player to Given Hutton wasn't bad either, Petrov and Gabby were ok but the rest were pretty poor. Defensively we are ok but there is no back bone to our team anymore.

Â