Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

chappy

Pinching a point from Pelle on the main board, while it is true to say this is our first real test the truth is it is also Wolves first real test. By some strange querk of fate they have played the same two teams as only in reverse, granted they have done better than us with two wins but Fulham away are far weaker than at home.

So hard to call this one, I'm sticking with a draw.

At home, we should certainly be winning these games despite their good start to the season (against the same weak opposition that we've played that people have been using as an excuse for our good start) - we do have a better first XI than Wolves and think we'll have too much for them. 2-0/2-1 Villa.

I fancy a draw in this game tbh.

suprised at how many spare seats there are again especially for a derby match over 7000 in our end.

Still 3611 seats spare in the Holte end alone especially in the upper tier, was plenty of spare seats empty up there against Blacburn also. Seems alot of our core support is till satying away which is a shame.

I guess thats the McLeish factor :(

I would imagine he will play the same team that played against Blackburn if everybody is fit and well. I dont think anybody did enough who started against Hereford to warrant a start. If its to be a positive result we need to score 1st. wolves look a bit more solid these days and I think signing Roger Johnson was a good buy for them. Wouldnt have minded if we had grabbed him ourselves to be fair. Hopefully we can sneak a 2-1 but it has draw written all over it

Is Heskey injured. Really hope he is.

Is that wrong? Would love to see Bannan in there though.

Yes I would say that's wrong given that he's been one of the better players in the last few games.

Of course hoping one of our players is injured is wrong,

Bannan would be battered off the pitch in this game, I think a win would be a great result in this game, wolves have a very physical side who know how to impose themselves on players, ems is one our only front six who can do this so I see him as a necessity.

I think it will be the same line up, we need a big one from inzogbia who ive not been to happy with thus far.

Massive game this...!

Both teams will not want to loose in the first local Derby of the year....!

We had a good performance against Blackburn as well as keeping a clean sheet against Fulham.

The defense as looked more organised since the arrival of AM and the reintrodcution of Stephen Warnock.

If the defense can stay strong and the we can get the service to Mr Bent there is no reason why we cant win this.....!

Heskey Hatrick.....!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey.

I think this match will be the one to determine we really aren't that good and it's going to be a long dark season.

0-2 to Wolves without stepping out of 1st gear.

I take it then that you will be very happy if we somehow, miraculously, manage to snatch a draw?

I think this match will be the one to determine we really aren't that good and it's going to be a long dark season.

I wish I shared your optimism . I can only envisage a 0-6 defeat and Darren bent being sold to Man City at half time.

I cannot help but think you'r waiting with baited breath for our first loss is this correct?

Whoever is in charge a game against Wolves is always a tough one.

Dont forget that.

Whooooooooooa There!

Why all the negativity?!!!! Let's not all conform to the stereotype of Villa fans as dour, pessimistic and downbeat, shall we?!!

REASONS TO BE CHEERFUL:

-We're at home where (apart from a few times last season) we don't lose very often

-We've started the season absolutely fine and there is absolutely zero negativity coming out of Villa Park from the players. Team spirit, etc all seems tremendous.

-Wolves isn't the 'first test' - we were away at a Fulham side who were way ahead of us in fitness and got a point (yes, Given did well but we bossed the first 45 so it's swings and roundabouts)

-We've got a pretty much fit squad

-Our midfield isn't as weak as some people think

-I believe in McLeish - there, I've said it.

Wolves are on good form, no doubt. But we'll win this. And with reference to OnlyOne's rather hilarious post in this thread, I was so intrigued at what sort of person could post such negativity that I read two pages of your other collected posts. Blimey, mate, I think you need a holiday! It's not that bad, trust me!