Football Manager 2012

AndyClarke

Robin Van Persie is the most injury prone player ive come accross. Not so much getting injured, just lasting about an hour before i have to sub him because his condition is down to about 65% ish, and then he doesnt recover for the next game.

Any ideas?

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After every single game I rest the whole squad for a day, or maybe 2 or 3 if the next game is ages away. You don't really notice the benefit at first, but at the end of the season when you're players are still able to play at fairly full fitness it helps. Also I always try to have 2 completely different line ups. 1 for the league and 1 for the cups. There is a few players that overlap of course.

the player (AMC) behind the striker should he e trequarista or forward playmaker?? i play with christian eriksen. and BTW the most injury prone player ever on the game must be song heung min. absolutley every fecking time he plays for south korea he comes home injured and thats abput 2 a month if he`s fit because he plays for both u-23 and a team.

^ Gotta love Mac! Great gif.

Anyways, started as Rotherham last night, struggling for a right back, find a 33-year-old with 121 caps for Sierre Leone. Work permit turned downed. What the ****. Any right backs or even centre backs on frees that could do a job for league 2, please send them away.

Won 4, lost 2 (one incredibly by giving up four in a row after cruising to 2-0 lead and generally dominating the game), drew 1, finished 7th. Board was happy enough, in spite of my callously investigating a couple way better jobs which popped up.

Learned we have a fantastic tv deal, giving me a couple hundred grand to blow (vs <50k for much of the opposition), so spent big on a pair of young Brazilians who are easily the best players in my squad, made a couple sales, couple more reasonable additions, still have a bit to spunk on a DM and maybe a 3rd choice GK. Can't seem to shift the deadwood, though, even at seriously cut-rate prices. Refardless, we should have more than enough quality to gain promotion, and are aiming to win the league.

First time in many years I didn't get this day one. Was tempted to get it last night from Steam, but €49.99? Holy shit... Good thing I didn't cave in though as I saw that GetGames have it for €19.99. :)

First time in many years I didn't get this day one. Was tempted to get it last night from Steam, but €49.99? Holy shit... Good thing I didn't cave in though as I saw that GetGames have it for €19.99. :)

Better not mention i bought my copy for £6 pound then from GamersGate.

Absolutely loving this version though, first time in about 10 years i've played it. Took me a while to get used to the changes.

Argh, thought my DM problem had been solved, but no. Malmo came in with a 625k bid for a highly promising 20-yr-old left winger in my squad (valued at 330k). I don't use wingers at all, so I was thrilled, but rather than sell him outright, I spotted a quality 21-yr-old DM valued at 335k in their side as backup, so I hit them with 250k + their player, and after weeks of waiting, they accepted. Day later the "offer contract" box pops up for the DM, click it, and "My client currently is not interested in negotiations with your club". Wtf is this?! How can a team trade me a player if the player won't even talk to me? The terms of his current contract would be easily matched, if not bettered, as he'd be first team for me. Properly annoyed now, as I've got less than a week to try to renegotiate something and get somebody in.

Better not mention i bought my copy for £6 pound then from GamersGate.

Absolutely loving this version though, first time in about 10 years i've played it. Took me a while to get used to the changes.

£6!? Haven't actually bought the game yet so headed over to GamersGate and it was still full price, SEK456 (about £39 I think). Was it on sale when you got it?

£6!? Haven't actually bought the game yet so headed over to GamersGate and it was still full price, SEK456 (about £39 I think). Was it on sale when you got it?
In my experience with digital downloads, prices tend to swing between either extreme rather than decrease gradually as the game ages. I doubt you'll beat that €19.99 price even now, barring a Steam sale (which is where you might find FM2012 for like 80-90% off) or a physical purchase.

Finished second in my first season with Rotherham on goal difference. Was miles ahead of the rest along with Oxford so I holidayed the last 6 with a 5 point advantage ahead of Oxford and ended up missing out on 1st.

Gone for a very youthful side apart from my keeper who is a OAP at the age of 28. Of my squad of 23, everyone else is under 24. Average age of 21.

Was hoping someone could shed some light on something i've noticed on my game.

On my current save game, players likes Lichaj are D,RL. i've started a new game, and now he's changed just to DR. I presume this is related to the positional ratings, but i haven't edited any players' positions, so i've no idea why they don't show up as they did on my previous game.

Hope i explained that clear enough, and hope someone can expand upon it for me.

Was hoping someone could shed some light on something i've noticed on my game.

On my current save game, players likes Lichaj are D,RL. i've started a new game, and now he's changed just to DR. I presume this is related to the positional ratings, but i haven't edited any players' positions, so i've no idea why they don't show up as they did on my previous game.

Hope i explained that clear enough, and hope someone can expand upon it for me.

Simply put, players can either adapt or get rusty, based on time played in certain positions (as well as positional training).

It's a frequent occurrence for me that a player with 2 or more bright green 'natural' positions (on the positions tab) will lose one and have it turn dull green because I don't play him there often enough. On the flipside I've had players go up a grade, say from 'awkward' to 'competent' without my having to retrain them, just because a manager stuck them in that position on international duty - you should get a little inbox message when that happens, something like 'X says he now feels comfortable playing [wherever] having put in enough hours there'.

Adapting players to different positions is one part of the game I'm terrible at though. I can almost never get them back to 'natural' in a position once they lose that bright green circle, and positional retraining just seems to take too long to be of any use to me. I don't know, maybe I just have a set of players with really low adaptability.

Â