Charles N'Zogbia

bickster

Did better, team played with a little more freedom and more options going forward which allowed to find more space in good positions, especially noticed him coming in from the left flank with Gabby then moving into left channel. Hope can carry that sort of performance up and then just improve the end product, promising though. No surprise a little more aggressive going forward and we start seeing more out of our forward players, shock.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, if he had duplicated his first half performance in the second half he would have been my MotM. Unfortunately the same thing happened to him that has happened every other time we haven't been playing positive, which is that he dropped out of the game.

In the first 45 minutes he looked assured in possession, clever with his passing and positive with all his ideas. Seemed to be involved in most of our good attacking work.

Thing is about this player and we can add several other names like Ireland is that they are not anywhere near playing to the standards set by Young, Milner or Downing.

We haven't improved the squad it's been weakened, I really would love to see N'Zogbia show what he does in little glimpses more consistently and the same with Ireland but for whatever reason they can't and I fear never will.

10m for a player who value should have been nearer 4m when we are short of money is scandalous , Wigan certainly saw us coming!

10m for a player who value should have been nearer 4m when we are short of money is scandalous , Wigan certainly saw us coming!

I guess that Man City done the same when they managed to offload Ireland to us and get Milner cheaper!

Another great move by the board.

How much did Wigan sign him for though, 6m wasn't it?

Anyone who wanted to sign him this summer would've paid that.

Was Downing that much better than him at Boro? We paid 12m for him and he had a broken leg at the time and was shite when he started playing.

Do we never learn on players?

In the past us Villa fans have moaned about other players such as Milner, Young and Downing because there first seasons were not up to standard.

Then after time they become our most important players.

Lets give the lad a chance and some support before we write him off!

What a load of rubbish :lol:

Yes they would have snapped our hands off for 4m for their player of the season. Especially with interest from the likes of Sunderland and Everton too.

:bang:

I'm sure he will come good, people have very short memories, he was brilliant for Wigan last season.

Erm, no he wasn't.

He was the same last season as he is every season. had about 10 good games and 28 shit ones. Hence the reason he has only ever played for us, Wigan and Newcastle and none of the big teams

I'm sure he will come good, people have very short memories, he was brilliant for Wigan last season.

Erm, no he wasn't.

He was the same last season as he is every season. had about 10 good games and 28 shit ones. Hence the reason he has only ever played for us, Wigan and Newcastle and none of the big teams

Erm yes he was, he was the match winner in loads of games, without him they would be in the Championship now

Erm, no he wasn't.

What a load of absolute crap.

He did pretty much keep them up in the last few games, scored at VP which got them a point, was brilliant against West Ham and won the game in the last minute and then set up Rodallega's goal at Stoke on the last day.

He'll hit a hot period at some point this season.

He did pretty much keep them up in the last few games, scored at VP which got them a point, was brilliant against West Ham and won the game in the last minute and then set up Rodallega's goal at Stoke on the last day.

He'll hit a hot period at some point this season.

Looking forward to this as when he is on I think he is as good as it gets for a wide player in the Premier League.

Erm, no he wasn't.

What a load of absolute crap.

Really?? Speak to any newcastle fans or wigan fans and they will tell you the same.

Wildly inconsistent player. Dont get me wrong when he has his good games he is excellent it just happens about 10 times a season. If he was consistent he would play for a top european team and play for France on a regular basis

Â