Charles N'Zogbia

bickster

What we now have is a side that is competing with the likes of Bolton, Fulham and Norwich for the places above relegation. Our club cannot compete anymore with the big clubs but we should expect to at least be holding our own with the likes of Stoke, Newcastle and Everton.

Mr Lerner - You lost your nerve and cashed in on a very short term solution that Myself and thousands of other Villa fans will pay the price for for many years. Get rid of Mcleish NOW and give the job to Eriksson who might just save us the humiliation and financial catastrophe of relegation.

Last time I looked we were above Stoke and Everton and we had drawn with Newcastle (who have had an unbelievable start and WILL implode (results wise) no doubt about it).

I don't see how your concluding that 9th after 10 games means that we need Eriksson to come and save us from the humiliation of relegation?

Win on Saturday and we are on 15 points - Probably only 4 points off being half way to safety, with only a third of the season gone. Calm down

Stoke have so far played Liverpool, Utd, Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea. Everton have played Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool and Citeh. You are not comparing apples with apples at this stage of the season.

I'm with WOWY, the sooner we get rid of McLeish the better, although I don't think RL will do any such thing - such a decision would require an understanding of the game of football and a board with some spine.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit that £20m for Downing was good business. I just feel that selling both him and young at the same time was a poor decision, especially when we spunked half of the Downing money on Nzogbia, who is nothing other than a bog standard player.

What I cannot accept is that people think it is ok that we did this because Downing hasn't done anything at Liverpool yet. For the record, I do not care one little bit what liverpool are doing - they have money to p!ss away - we don't.

What we now have is a side that is competing with the likes of Bolton, Fulham and Norwich for the places above relegation. Our club cannot compete anymore with the big clubs but we should expect to at least be holding our own with the likes of Stoke, Newcastle and Everton.

Mr Lerner - You lost your nerve and cashed in on a very short term solution that Myself and thousands of other Villa fans will pay the price for for many years. Get rid of Mcleish NOW and give the job to Eriksson who might just save us the humiliation and financial catastrophe of relegation.

Last time I looked we were above Stoke and Everton and we had drawn with Newcastle (who have had an unbelievable start and WILL implode (results wise) no doubt about it).

I don't see how your concluding that 9th after 10 games means that we need Eriksson to come and save us from the humiliation of relegation?

Win on Saturday and we are on 15 points - Probably only 4 points off being half way to safety, with only a third of the season gone. Calm down

Maybe they are right now, but lets look at who weve all played;

Us: We've beaten Wigan and Blackburn at home (our only two victories) got a point v Newcastle and Wolves and lost to west brom. Weve picked a couple of handy away points up but thrown at least four away (QPR, Sunderland). Apart from Citeh and Newcastle (agreed false position) we have not played ONE other team in the top 7 either home or away - thats 12 games against them to go!

Stoke: Played Liverpool, arsenal, man u, chelsea and newcastle - and they are level on points. You get my point.

Everton: Played one less game and also played already- Man u, Liverpool, Citeh and chelsea.

On another thread I pointed out that we needed to get some serious points in the bag in the opening set of fixtures. I don't believe we have done that and we are now in danger of a bleak winter.

Don't be fooled by our position in the table

Get rid of Mcleish NOW and give the job to Eriksson who might just save us the humiliation and financial catastrophe of relegation.

Im not sure if this is a wind up or not??

STu - if we keep this clown we are going down - mark my words!

And how many times did that line trot out last year.

16/1 for us to go down, why dont you stick 50 on it?

We might win this weekend after all it's only Norwich! ha have any of you seen them play this season, I assume so and they look like a reasonable team and will give any team who are not playing well a game .i.e us.

We haven't played any of the top 4/5 Sky teams bar ManC who wiped the floor with us, once we do under this leadership (McClueless, Lerner ETC) we are going to plummet down the table.

We are very fortunate that there are worse teams than us but we can forget any chance of Europe or even a cup run to add some excitement to this season.

It's horrible watching players that should still be helping us wearing ManC, ManU and Liverpool shirts while seeing the likes of N'Zogbia, Hutton and .............well no one else because we are a selling club, in a Villa shirt struggling to even look like they know how to play football.

This is the problem with Nzogbia, the game at Sunderland was his 1 good game in 8. He will be pony now for another load of games. its how he has always been

Well he wasn't like that last season, so if you mean always been as in just this season, your right.

He was according to my Wigan supporting mate. Maybe one good game in 4, but still very much a highlights player.

thats rubbish. Nobody has a Wigan supporting mate ;):P

Not only does he support them, he used to be a coach there as well! My nephew was a trainee there as well, so ner!

Wigan were actually my second team for a bit, when they were still a small 4th division side playing at Springfield Park.

I have to admit that £20m for Downing was good business. I just feel that selling both him and young at the same time was a poor decision, especially when we spunked half of the Downing money on Nzogbia, who is nothing other than a bog standard player.

What I cannot accept is that people think it is ok that we did this because Downing hasn't done anything at Liverpool yet. For the record, I do not care one little bit what liverpool are doing - they have money to p!ss away - we don't.

Us: We've beaten Wigan and Blackburn at home (our only two victories) got a point v Newcastle and Wolves and lost to west brom. Weve picked a couple of handy away points up but thrown at least four away (QPR, Sunderland). Apart from Citeh and Newcastle (agreed false position) we have not played ONE other team in the top 7 either home or away - thats 12 games against them to go!

Stoke: Played Liverpool, arsenal, man u, chelsea and newcastle - and they are level on points. You get my point.

Everton: Played one less game and also played already- Man u, Liverpool, Citeh and chelsea.

On another thread I pointed out that we needed to get some serious points in the bag in the opening set of fixtures. I don't believe we have done that and we are now in danger of a bleak winter.

So far weve played 2 of the current top 4.

But no your absolutely right.................

There is no way we can beat Liverpool (who we beat last season, who drew at home to Norwich/Sunderland and got battered at White Hart Lane).

There is no way we can beat Arsenal (who we beat last season and who lost to Blackburn).

There is no way we can get points off Chelsea (who we drew both games with last seaon and who lost to QPR)

There is no way we can get points off Man Utd (who have drawn with Stoke and have just been absolutely enialated at home 6-1)

Football is not won on paper as it proves season after season after season

There is no way we can beat Liverpool (who we beat last season, who drew at home to Norwich/Sunderland and got battered at White Hart Lane).

There is no way we can beat Arsenal (who we beat last season and who lost to Blackburn).

There is no way we can get points off Chelsea (who we drew both games with last seaon and who lost to QPR)

There is no way we can get points off Man Utd (who have drawn with Stoke and have just been absolutely enialated at home 6-1)

The point being we are nowhere near as good as we were last season. Downing and Young scored over 25% of our goals last season and had plenty of assists too. We have replaced that with CNZ who has done next to nothing.

The point being we are nowhere near as good as we were last season. Downing and Young scored over 25% of our goals last season and had plenty of assists too. We have replaced that with CNZ who has done next to nothing.

We are far more organised than last season - there is no dressing room unrest.

Nzogbia will come good, and between him/Gabby's form/Bent for a full season, and just sheer organisation - we will replace downing and Young.

Young and Downing did very little in their first 10 games. We will be fine.

Young did quite well when joining. Scored on his debut. Downing was shocking his first season, but his injury time out obviously didn't help.

Hope Zog comes good soon and Gabby can keep up his form, because it tends to tale off as season's progress.

Get rid of Mcleish NOW and give the job to Eriksson who might just save us the humiliation and financial catastrophe of relegation.

Im not sure if this is a wind up or not??

STu - if we keep this clown we are going down - mark my words!

I don't agree that if we keep McLeish we'll go down.

However, I do agree that I would swap Eriksson for McLeish in a heartbeat

Young did quite well when joining. Scored on his debut. Downing was shocking his first season, but his injury time out obviously didn't help.

Hope Zog comes good soon and Gabby can keep up his form, because it tends to tale off as season's progress.

He did - 3-1 defeat at Newcastle. Should have won. Then he went a bit pap until the home game v sheff utd right near the end of the season and the rest is history.

Downing's first season form is a great example of how fans always look at current form and predict the coming years with it - almost always incorrectly. The inevitable will always happen.

Stewart Downing was always going to start playing well.

Darren Bent was always going to go on abad run of not scoring and tbf will always start scoring again.

08/09 season - we were always going to implode results wise because there is only so many games you can win by forcing the issue in the premier league.

Fernando Torres will start scoring again and will prove hes a world class striker.

Newcastle will start losing games .

Charles Nzogbia is a good footballer - he will play well for Villa.

Villa have good players and will win football games. Its inevitable. But the inevitable takes time sometimes

He did - 3-1 defeat at Newcastle. Should have won. Then he went a bit pap until the home game v sheff utd right near the end of the season and the rest is history.

Downing's first season form is a great example of how fans always look at current form and predict the coming years with it - almost always incorrectly. The inevitable will always happen.

James Milner is probably a better example. HE wasnt great for his first 3 or 4 months back here and now people would cream themselves if he re-signed

Differnce is Big Ek is not known for getting the best out of attacking players, At villa he is not playing with width. This is not helping NZOG.

We have not top class players in our midfield so he has got poor players around him and not the likes of Ash, SD and milner any more.

It will be hard for him to consistently find form. One things for sure he will not be as good as the trio i mentioned above - no chance...!

MON even turned him down.

James Milner is probably a better example. HE wasnt great for his first 3 or 4 months back here and now people would cream themselves if he re-signed

Milner wasn't really hero worshipped until he switched inside from memory. Maybe the Zog will follow the same route?

People writing off N'Zogbia already...

Villa fans :bang:

And your impressed with him because................ :huh:

Its likely his comment was born out of the fact that over Nzogbias career in the premiership he's been a very good player. Yet that seems to count for nothing as isnt doing it in a Villa shirt, its almost like people are looking at him as a player theyve never seen before and judging him on the few games he's played for us and believing he isnt a good player when of course he is.

The lad needs time and why not help him on match day by giving support and not moaning and groaning when he does something wrong (this is a general comment and not aimed at you Centenary)

Â