Liverpool FC in 2011/12

BOF

Will Liverpool finish in the top 4 this season?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Will Liverpool finish in the top 4 this season?

• No
    • Yes

Just saw today's result, ROFLMAO!

How much did they spend on Carroll again? 35 million?

Holy Fuckballs, Batman

Looks like they're "Doing a Villa", American owner buying a bunch of crap players for silly fees and wages...only a matter of time before the faucet gets turned off.

Wow. Kenny is slaughtering his team in the post match comments. That is a change in approach, as he has always backed them. Now he talks about not playing for the shirt and in it for the money.

Looking at you, Carroll and Downing....

Demba Ba and Scott Parker could have cost Liverpool £5m. Instead, they bought Andy Carroll and Jordan Henderson for £51m

Amazing, isn't it?

Still makes me sick we didn't try harder for Parker.

Chuffed to **** they lost, can't stand the club and it's deluded whiney **** fans.

Hahahahahaha!

Just been checking their forums, and people are calling on Henry to sack Dalglish, LMAO

Probably the same fans who were calling on Henry to hire him last year...

Comical situation over there :lol:

Chuffed to **** they lost, can't stand the club and it's deluded whiney **** fans.

Hahahahahaha!

Just been checking their forums, and people are calling on Henry to sack Dalglish, LMAO

Probably the same fans who were calling on Henry to hire him last year...

Comical situation over there :lol:

I bet the **** still think Mourinho is waiting in the wings to take over, like the summer before Hodgson went in there.

Liverpool fans = arseholes. All of them.

Their forum is strange. Any criticism of Dalglish seems to get moderated. It's like a Zimbabwean dictatorship. Maybe Zimbabwe is a bad example :winkold:

(See Dalglish topic) But most of their fans aren't blaming Dalglish, they are blaming Comolli, as he's the one that spent fucktons of money on Carroll, Downing & Henderson.

(See Dalglish topic) But most of their fans aren't blaming Dalglish, they are blaming Comolli, as he's the one that spent fucktons of money on Carroll, Downing & Henderson.

though im sure they think Dalglish signed Suarez ;). I dont think Comolli would sign British players,

I dont think Comolli would sign British players,

Amongst Comolli's signings for Tottenham were Hutton, Bent, Bale, Woodgate, Bentley, Alnwick, Murphy, Lennon and Gunter.

There's no reason he wouldn't be signing UK based players for Liverpool.

The England midfielder must help Roberto Mancini’s team overcome a 1-0 Carling Cup semi-final first-leg deficit for Manchester City to reach next month’s Wembley final at Liverpool's expense.

But having been identified by former Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez as a priority summer target in 2008, he could have been lining up for Kenny Dalglish’s team on Wednesday night. The midfielder’s transfer from Aston Villa collapsed, however, amid a supporters’ mutiny over Benítez’s plans to buy Barry and sell Xabi Alonso, a fans’ favourite.

Alonso’s relationship with Benítez broke down because of the player’s decision to miss a Champions League tie against Inter Milan to attend the birth of his child. Barry had been lined up to replace the Spain midfielder following his planned sale.

But the fans protested and Liverpool’s failure to sell Alonso led to the deal falling through and, having left Villa for City 12 months later, Barry insists that he now counts his blessings that he chose the Etihad over Anfield.

“I remember when the transfer saga was going on, I was watching a Liverpool friendly [against Lazio at Anfield] and the home fans were singing, 'You can stick your Gareth Barry up your ----’. I was at home, but I could just hear it vaguely. That might have got into my head a little bit.

The Telegrath

Weird, I had reckoned he did not move because we put our foot down over the fee and would not approve the deal...

The England midfielder must help Roberto Mancini’s team overcome a 1-0 Carling Cup semi-final first-leg deficit for Manchester City to reach next month’s Wembley final at Liverpool's expense.

But having been identified by former Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez as a priority summer target in 2008, he could have been lining up for Kenny Dalglish’s team on Wednesday night. The midfielder’s transfer from Aston Villa collapsed, however, amid a supporters’ mutiny over Benítez’s plans to buy Barry and sell Xabi Alonso, a fans’ favourite.

Alonso’s relationship with Benítez broke down because of the player’s decision to miss a Champions League tie against Inter Milan to attend the birth of his child. Barry had been lined up to replace the Spain midfielder following his planned sale.

But the fans protested and Liverpool’s failure to sell Alonso led to the deal falling through and, having left Villa for City 12 months later, Barry insists that he now counts his blessings that he chose the Etihad over Anfield.

“I remember when the transfer saga was going on, I was watching a Liverpool friendly [against Lazio at Anfield] and the home fans were singing, 'You can stick your Gareth Barry up your ----’. I was at home, but I could just hear it vaguely. That might have got into my head a little bit.

The Telegrath

Weird, I had reckoned he did not move because we put our foot down over the fee and would not approve the deal...

He did in 2008, but I have seen elsewhere in 2009 that he cose City over Liverpool, even though I don't remember Liverpool coming in for him that year.