Match Thread.

AVFC-Prideofbrum

Well we have Braga soon after and I think last pre-season friendly should always be one to put the strongest team or the one you think should start the season, so on that basis, I'd like to see for this one ...

Given

Beye Collins Clark Baker

Petrov Gardner

Albrighton Ireland Bannan

Delfouneso.

Subs:

Dunne for Collins at HT

Gabby for Delfouneso HT

Heskey for Bannan at HT

Ireland for N'Zogbia at HT

I'd go

Given

Young Collins Clark Warnock

Delph Makoun

Albrighton Ireland N'Zogbia

Gabby

Think Warnock and Makoun need as many games as poss to get used to the team again.

Bent, Bannan, Fonz and Gardner to come on.

Marc needs 90 mins to try and find some form, has looked short on confidence against Bburn and Chelsea.

Bent, Bannan, Albrighton, Makoun and N'Zogbia on the bench - them have them come on if or when needed - have them start for Braga, this game should be a final chance for a lot of players mentioned in this thread to prove their worth and themselves.

Keep the defenders as they are though, just to stop any inevitable cock ups.

---------------Given-----------------

Lichaj---Dunne---Clark---Warnock

------Gardner----Makoun----------

----------Ireland/Bannan----------

N'Zogbia---------------Delfouneso

---------------Bent-----------------

Id like us to start with that against Derby.

I think we'll see some switches allowing the players who played the majority of the Chelsea game a bit more rest.

............Given

Lichaj.Dunne.Clark.Baker

.......Makoun.Bannan

Albrighton.Ireland.N'Zogbia

............Bent

Inexperienced back line but plenty of attacking endeavour in the team!

I'd like to see a midfield three of Makoun, Bannan and Ireland, to see how that would work out. Bannan very much in a Charlie Adam sort of role. Best time to see if that is too lightweight, as they'll be more physical than most sides in the Prem.

I think we've got to play Albrighton as well to get some confidence into him.

After his performance against Chelsea Ireland should be no-where near our starting line-up again. He looks good on a teamsheet based on previous performances with Man City but the reality is he no longer the player he was and we should all accept that.

I'd rather see Bannan in there alongside Gardner or Makoun until we get someone better.

After his performance against Chelsea Ireland should be no-where near our starting line-up again. He looks good on a teamsheet based on previous performances with Man City but the reality is he no longer the player he was and we should all accept that.

I'd rather see Bannan in there alongside Gardner or Makoun until we get someone better.

You might be correct, but IF we don't bring any other midfielders in this window then we can not afford to write him this early into the season.

Ah yes, just fall into the same old trap that our previous fool of a manager fell into. There is absolutely no use in alienating players, especially in pre-season for crying out loud. Maybe it should be Warnock next? I love how Ireland gets the attention when there were plenty of other players lacking against Chelsea.

You might be correct, but IF we don't bring any other midfielders in this window then we can not afford to write him this early into the season.

Agree with a certain extent on what you are saying but the idea that we play members of our squad in games because they are rotting on the bench, or in the reserves even though they have continually shown that they are not good enough is quite beyond me!

Ah yes, just fall into the same old trap that our previous fool of a manager fell into. There is absolutely no use in alienating players, especially in pre-season for crying out loud. Maybe it should be Warnock next? I love how Ireland gets the attention when there were plenty of other players lacking against Chelsea.

Your not alienating players for the sake of it. Your just accepting that they are no longer good enough to play at the required level based on several games or indeed what you get from them in training. We sent Ireland on loan to Newcastle and do you not think if Newcastle had made an offer for him that we would'nt have excepted it?

In our case to make do with what you have got is not going to be good enough for us to compete in the top half of the Premiership.

Looks like we wont be seeing N'Zogbia after all.

@MatKendrick

It looks like Charles N'Zogbia will make his #avfc debut in Portugal against Braga on Saturday, rather than at Derby on Wednesday night

@MatKendrick

Think the reason for probable debut delay is to allow #avfc coaches to assess N'Zogbia's fitness levels before throwing him into a game

I'm waiting to see something special from Ireland, think he's a quality player ability-wise just waiting to see him flourish. Villa fans can pay on the day as well for the away end so we should have another great following to support the lads!

....................Given......................

Young.....Clark.....Dunne....Warnock

.............Delph....Makoun.............

Albrighton....Ireland........Delfouneso

...................Gabby......................

Be nice to see Gardner.