Gym Routine

olboydave

Groin strains are horrible. I had one for months, but that was because I was stupid and kept on playing football and squatting, so every couple of weeks I'd tweak it again.

Rest it BOF, it'll be worth it long term.

No it's not too bad but it's there :)  Didn't happen during a lift, thankfully.  I had the squats and overhead completed.  Had done the wires and was just sitting down on a bench and it pulled just slightly.  It'll be there for a few weeks now I reckon.  No squatting but the rest other lifts should be fine.

Funnily enough it was the 8 months out of footy from my groin injury that kick started my current obsession with the gym.

Trained with a personal trainer yesterday and target was to do 1000 reps on chest.  Different exercises of course to hit every possible angle of the chest, low weights, high reps, very short rest period. I couldn't do full 1000, must have done around 800, my personal trainer must be 50 odd but the dude is like a machine, he did heavier weights than me too :ph34r:

My chest felt absolutely smashed yesterday, almost felt like crying/puking.  Never worked out that intense before.  Chest feels like a rock today!!

Edited by supermon

It's a great pump, absolute torture to do, but great as I have a date tomorrow, think the chest pump will still be there tomorrow, first impressions count lol

Came home and absolutely destroyed the food at home, don't normally eat so much but just felt I had to.

Routine was Flat barbell, Decline Barbell, Incline barbell, Hammer Chest press, incline flies, some other exercise for lower chest that Ive never done, body weight dips and finished off on push ups from an elevated position.  Could not do the dips, only managed a few push ups as I thought I'd smash my face to the ground!

Triceps are sore as hell too

4 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I don't quite understand the point of 1000 reps, any benefits to that sort of training (honest question)?

To completely and utterly **** your shit up?

In all seriousness though I'd like to know as well. It seems extreme.

5 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I don't see how it would help growth. It seems it would just promote muscular endurance.

In the long run could that added endurance help improve strength. Possibly.

Seems that way, I don't see how it can really encourage growth and seems to me that it could increase risk of injury.

You simply couldn't recover sufficiently from it, even with PEDs IMO. Just seems to me that it's another example of a personal trainer incorrectly equating an absolute beasting to a good session...

Then again, we might also be analysing what was just a one-off fun challenge session in a bit too much detail :)

Not come across this thread before - I need to actually explore VT a bit more I think. That 1000 rep challenge seems intense.

Two questions for you all.

1. Does anybody use lifting shoes and do you feel they are worth the investment? I've always just done heavy legwork in my socks. 

2. Can anyone reccommend a good place to buy creatine pills? I want to switch from the powder as I'm starting to hate the 'bittiness' (for want of a better word).

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Seems that way, I don't see how it can really encourage growth and seems to me that it could increase risk of injury.

Oh it definitely would. With all the will in the world, form will inevitably go to shit at some point. Anterior shoulders will take a serious beating! Brings to mind crossfit-induced bouts of rhabdo!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Not come across this thread before - I need to actually explore VT a bit more I think. That 1000 rep challenge seems intense.

Two questions for you all.

1. Does anybody use lifting shoes and do you feel they are worth the investment? I've always just done heavy legwork in my socks. 

2. Can anyone reccommend a good place to buy creatine pills? I want to switch from the powder as I'm starting to hate the 'bittiness' (for want of a better word).

1. I don't have lifting shoes but know loads of people who swear by them. So I guess it's up to you. Elevating the heels on squats is useful. But like you, I train in bare feet so I just stick a plate under each heel. 

2. Get Creatine monohydrate. It's the cheapest and most (only?) effective form. It's dirt cheap on sites like Myprotein and Bulk Powders. 

Just now, JB said:

1. I don't have lifting shoes but know loads of people who swear by them. So I guess it's up to you. Elevating the heels on squats is useful. But like you, I train in bare feet so I just stick a plate under each heel. 

2. Get Creatine monohydrate. It's the cheapest and most (only?) effective form. It's dirt cheap on sites like Myprotein and Bulk Powders. 

I've been using Creatine Monohydrate powder for ages but the granules never dissolve 100% and want to switch to pill form. Most of the stuff I've ever bought has been from MyProtein but I'm curious if anyone can reccommend anywhere else.

Â