Gym Routine

olboydave

Just went to the gym again for a game of tennis and who was waiting for the court after me? Nathan Baker again :lol:

Hope he's better at avoiding tennis rackets & balls than he is feet and footballs!

Just went to the gym again for a game of tennis and who was waiting for the court after me? Nathan Baker again [emoji38]

Hope he's better at avoiding tennis rackets & balls than he is feet and footballs!

Which gym is this?

Just went to the gym again for a game of tennis and who was waiting for the court after me? Nathan Baker again [emoji38]

Which gym is this?

David Lloyds in Worcester. 

Which gym is this?

Nice gym but the free weights area is tiny. I heard the Solihull gym is even better. Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Which gym is this?
Nice gym but the free weights area is tiny. I heard the Solihull gym is even better.

Yeah it is a bit small, luckily I work just down the road so can go on lunch breaks when it's empty :thumb:

I know naff all about pre and during workout supplementation if I'm honest. I got a free sample of something called Haemo Rage once (and it did give me a bit of boost) but apart from that I've never used a pre-workout formula. All I take is creatine pre-workout, whey, creatine and maltodextrin or vitargo post-workout. Sometimes I'm curious about what I could do if I went on one of those crazy pre-workouts stack I see guys in my gym taking. But I can't be arsed.

Interesting that you dont use an intra shake, you dont add them to the diets/programs you create either?

Nope. I guess I haven't done enough research on their efficacy to justify it. I find that I do fine just sipping water throughout. I never feel like I run out of gas before the end of a session either. I took BCAAs for a while but didn't feel like they did anything for me.

I know naff all about pre and during workout supplementation if I'm honest. I got a free sample of something called Haemo Rage once (and it did give me a bit of boost) but apart from that I've never used a pre-workout formula. All I take is creatine pre-workout, whey, creatine and maltodextrin or vitargo post-workout. Sometimes I'm curious about what I could do if I went on one of those crazy pre-workouts stack I see guys in my gym taking. But I can't be arsed.

Interesting that you dont use an intra shake, you dont add them to the diets/programs you create either?

Nope. I guess I haven't done enough research on their efficacy to justify it. I find that I do fine just sipping water throughout. I never feel like I run out of gas before the end of a session either. I took BCAAs for a while but didn't feel like they did anything for me.

I agree with that, I think most products probably don't show obvious signs of working apart from your heavy stim based pre-workouts for obvious reasons.

I've done a lot of reading into certain supplements especially if I choose to take them so I actually know the reasoning behind my decision. For instance atm i'm cutting and I really want to try and maintain as much muscle as possible so I've been supplementing BCAAs during my workouts with water and 5g of l-glutamine either side of my workout as they help prevent the muscle from being broken down......

The catch is though that because I haven't cut before using exactly the same diet/training/cardio regime minus the added supplements then I really don't know if they are doing anything extra for me but mentally the added help I think i'm getting is really positive.

No substitute for a proper diet and training but I consider these sorts of supplements the icing on the cake. (A vegatable based one atm)  :(

Edited by sexbelowsound

Was just working out in the gym, looked at the guy on the machine next to me and it was Nathan Baker. Was weird seeing him moving without injuring his head....

That actually made me chuckle. Did you resist the urge to shout "heads" anytime something came near him?

Bitch is out of his mind anyways, I am the guy they use to advertise that shit. [emoji14]

Im sure you and steve will be hench in no time brah! We are all gonna make it

Especially with all my ignited test..... ;)

You hench yet brah

I agree with that, I think most products probably don't show obvious signs of working apart from your heavy stim based pre-workouts for obvious reasons.

I've done a lot of reading into certain supplements especially if I choose to take them so I actually know the reasoning behind my decision. For instance atm i'm cutting and I really want to try and maintain as much muscle as possible so I've been supplementing BCAAs during my workouts with water and 5g of l-glutamine either side of my workout as they help prevent the muscle from being broken down......

The catch is though that because I haven't cut before using exactly the same diet/training/cardio regime minus the added supplements then I really don't know if they are doing anything extra for me but mentally the added help I think i'm getting is really positive.

No substitute for a proper diet and training but I consider these sorts of supplements the icing on the cake. (A vegatable based one atm) :(

Bcaa's aren't supposed to do anything for you in terms of stimulation. I prefer to train fasted and I use exceed from myprotein as it has bcaa/electrolytes/B vitamins...pre work outs formulas are just over priced caffeine, virtually all supplements are BS.

• Like 1

I'm currently on peaking program for a meet squat/push/pull

Looking at hitting 140kg bench/ 210 squat/ 250 Deadlift at body weight of about 90kg. Waiting for the call on bench seems to last a life time...No bro benching hahaha

Edited by mightysasquatch
  • Like 1

Jeez they are impressive numbers for that bodyweight. Particularly that squat. You must be built like an NFL running back.

Jeez they are impressive numbers for that bodyweight. Particularly that squat. You must be built like an NFL running back.

In all honesty for my weight class those numbers are pretty on the money, my training partners is current British champ in the class & deadlifted 270kg/squatted 225kg at the same weight as me.

im bigger than the average guy I guess but I wouldn't say I'm huge, I'm more into strength & condition work so I do hills sprints & airdyne work so it kinda regulates it all. Saying that my beard must weight a fair amount, been growing it about two years

Edited by mightysasquatch

Well if the current British champ is squatting a mere 15kg more than you at that weight, I'd say it's fair to say those numbers are impressive :)

No substitute for a proper diet and training but I consider these sorts of supplements the icing on the cake. (A vegatable based one atm) :(

Bcaa's aren't supposed to do anything for you in terms of stimulation. I prefer to train fasted and I use exceed from myprotein as it has bcaa/electrolytes/B vitamins...pre work outs formulas are just over priced caffeine, virtually all supplements are BS.

Bcaas are great when training fasted.

My coach has me on peptpro and EAAs for intra workout now

They are pretty much spot on for 90kg tbh, i can bench about 130 on a good day at 88kg currently.

Well if the current British champ is squatting a mere 15kg more than you at that weight, I'd say it's fair to say those numbers are impressive :)

Haha I'll take that mate!!! I'm at that point now here if. I can just

Get 5kg on a lift I have to work my ass off for it

• Like 1

I can't help feeling that I'm missing out on the extra 10% by working out on my own. Having said that, it's still early days in getting back to me previous levels so I perhaps don't quite need the help yet.

Â