Gym Routine

olboydave

I refuse to do weights because I'm stocky already, i'd look like a small wardrobe if I bulked up at all.

Just need fat loss.

Not going to take any protein, I'm on a sort of diet (just eating better)

This is all myth.

Doing weights whilst you're at a calorie defecit won't bulk you up. It'll hold onto any muscle you do have and might give you some remote definition as you lose fat.

A solid weight routine whilst losing weight will only help your weight loss.

A high protein diet is also advisable for weight loss. I'm not saying you should take extra protein, just don't avoid for fear of "bulking up"

• Like 2

So not sure if one of you guys can advise about this, but whenever I do an overhead press with the barbell, I get a pinching feeling on the inside of my elbows when I return to the starting position. It feels a little like an electric shock and while not overly painful is very irritating. Anyone know about this?

This might help

Edit: Fixed. Couldn't do short links on my phone

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

So not sure if one of you guys can advise about this, but whenever I do an overhead press with the barbell, I get a pinching feeling on the inside of my elbows when I return to the starting position. It feels a little like an electric shock and while not overly painful is very irritating. Anyone know about this?

http://spotmebro.com/relieve-elbow-pain-from-lifting/ '>This might help

That link just reloads this page.

Think I fixed it. 

nope still reloads this site

Doesn't for me.

Are you clicking the link in my post or the one Ghost quoted (because the one he quoted wont change)

Think I fixed it. 

nope still reloads this site

Doesn't for me.

Are you clicking the link in my post or the one Ghost quoted (because the one he quoted wont change)

Fixed now. Thanks.

How do you work out your body fat percentage? Thinking of going to gym after Ramadhan, as I've had enough of my laziness and my desire to continuously eat. :angry:

you could buy some body fat calipers. They're not very expensive.

Sounds suspiciously like nerve pain to me... Could be so many different things though as the shoulder is ridiculously complex and muscle imbalances in the chest, back and arm can have an effect. A good sports physio is worth their weight in gold.

• Like 1

Not going to the gym during Ramadan will be hard. Will have to come up with something to do at home!

Isn't a lot of research on intermittent fasting carried out on those observing Ramadan?

Don't use it as an excuse not to go! Unless there are other non-dietary factors that I'm embarrassingly ignorant of...

Not going to the gym during Ramadan will be hard. Will have to come up with something to do at home!

Isn't a lot of research on intermittent fasting carried out on those observing Ramadan?

Don't use it as an excuse not to go! Unless there are other non-dietary factors that I'm embarrassingly ignorant of...

Well you can't drink water or any other fluids when fasting so going gym would be a killer

Week 3 - been to the gym 3 times last week (once swimming) and I went yesterday and I played football on Thursday.

I don't look any different, but I feel much fitter already. 

Also, I've lost 8 pounds in 2 weeks.. only another 20 to go in 8 weeks ideally.

I'll go tonight, watch the Simpsons on a treadmill and then use the rowing machine to try and get to 2000m in under 9 minutes. Getting closer, but it's hard as soon as I've come off the treadmill.

I refuse to do weights because I'm stocky already, i'd look like a small wardrobe if I bulked up at all.

Just need fat loss.

Not going to take any protein, I'm on a sort of diet (just eating better), I don't drink much (although because of events/occassions I have more recently) and I sit in an office all day.

gimme sum tips brah's.

This guy is awesome. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auRSu5h-9e4

Right so I'd say I am a  pretty regular exerciser, approx 5 times a week at gym and 2/3 times a week outside of that.

In general my training changes around whatever I happen to be focusing on at that time Triathlon do more cardio obviously, same for running longer distances. If I'm focusing on football more leg based stuff and in the winter I tend to do less cardio and more general weights.

I'm going on my honeymoon in about 6 weeks time and at the moment I am in 100% vanity mode, I just want to look good on the beach, six pack etc.

In the past although I exercise a lot I also eat and drink plenty of crap so I'd say I break even weight wise.

For this particular stint I've sorted the diet out and am doing a fair bit of cardio and also plenty of weights to keep definition etc.

I'd say I do have a six pack at this point, pretty much. My problem is though is it is only really there when I'm hungry, if I eat a meal or drink a few drinks its pretty much gone.

Is there anything I should do to lose that last little bit which seems the hardest to shift, more cardio? more cuts on diet? more weights?

Edited by villaglint

Diet and cardio.

Calories in vs calories out is the main thing. If there's a defecit then you'll lose weight (or muscle, so keep up the weights)

You can do some ab exercises but if there is fat in the way it'll be futile as you won't see any muscle underneath.

If you're really desperate then you could try going low (or no) carb for the last month before your honeymoon, but bear in mind that'll probably mean a spike in weight gain when you eat as much as you want on honeymoon (which I assume you'll be doing)

Yes the honeymoon is all inclusive and I will certainly be filling my boots. So it is without doubt a ridiculous amount of effort to go to to look good for like 1 day but this is the madness of man.

I had thought about the no carb thing, in my usual diet I have a triple decker sandwich for lunch and two pieces of toast with dinner everyday. Which gives me a crazy 5 slices of bread a day! I've cut that down to two which has had a big effect and maybe cutting out the carbs all together will give that last little push.

Edited by villaglint

Â