What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

jimi hendrix, band of gypsy's.

There's an additional "Live at the Fillmore East" double CD with more excellent Band of Gypsies performances.
  • Like 1

i like his studio stuff but i appreciate him more live.

I agree. The live at Berkeley version of Little Wing blows away the one on Axis. It's my favourite JH track, in fact.

lovely, lovely album, second side is just sublime

Will get around to it, and probably the following two albums as well.

My wants list has got a bit silly!

Managed to scratch a couple of long term itches recently, and the Brazilian thing I really want to nail down (not bootlegged from vinyl and at a reasonable price) is Airto Moreira's 'Seeds On The Ground'.

• Like 1

lovely, lovely album, second side is just sublime

Will get around to it, and probably the following two albums as well.

My wants list has got a bit silly!

Managed to scratch a couple of long term itches recently, and the Brazilian thing I really want to nail down (not bootlegged from vinyl and at a reasonable price) is Airto Moreira's 'Seeds On The Ground'.

Airto Moreira was on that Weather Report album I listed upthread.
  • Like 1

Found an old chill out CD from the 90s the other day so I shoved it in the car player and reminisced a bit. Some good tracks on there, one in particular is Melt by Leftfield, bostin' track.

So I'm in Morrisons today and lo and behold, saw this for a measly 2 quid.

51I7IF7TNsL._SY300_.jpg

A defining album in my lifetime!

Saw them last Saturday at the Forum in Kentish town. Totally blew the roof off with the new stuff.

• Like 1

Also John foxx....I was only introduced to that album courtesy of mixes by Fred deakin of lemon jelly and luke vibert's rejected solid steel mix. It's really ahead of his time, and "Dr no" is a great tune. Off the top of my head without moony-ing it, was he in roxy music?

Also John foxx....I was only introduced to that album courtesy of mixes by Fred deakin of lemon jelly and luke vibert's rejected solid steel mix. It's really ahead of his time, and "Dr no" is a great tune. Off the top of my head without moony-ing it, was he in roxy music?

Ultravox.

Ultravox.
Balls. That's the one.

As it's Father's Day today, three albums of pure dadrock on rotation play:

James Taylor "Before This World" (his new album, an FD present)

Works Progress Administration, "WPA"

The Wynntown Marshalls, "The End Of The Golden Age"

All broadly 'Americana', all excellent.

Need a recommendation, I'm in a vinyl club, 7 of us take it in turns to pick an album and everyone buys it, so far we've had -

Drenge - undertow

Radiohead - ok computer

Dj shadow - endtroducing

I'm up next, was thinking nas illmatic but gone off that now, now thinking the national, not sure which album though, personally I prefer high violet

That's why I was listening to young fathers, didn't realise they won the mercury prize though, trying to find something good but a bit different at the same time

Edited by villa4europe

Need a recommendation, I'm in a vinyl club, 7 of us take it in turns to pick an album and everyone buys it, so far we've had -

Drenge - undertow

Radiohead - ok computer

Dj shadow - endtroducing

I'm up next, was thinking nas illmatic but gone off that now, now thinking the national, not sure which album though, personally I prefer high violet

That's why I was listening to young fathers, didn't realise they won the mercury prize though, trying to find something good but a bit different at the same time

Try this, not cheap though ;)

napROa7.jpg

Â