What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

arcade-fire-reflektor-cover-500x500.jpg

Currently listening. Opinion to come. Not that my opinion matters, but this is the internet, so I'll give it anyway.

Edit: A few listens later and... it's great. The second half is much stronger, I think. 'You Already Know' and 'Flashbulb Eyes'  are really the weak links on the first half, but they aren't without merit. 'Here Comes The Night Time' and 'Reflektor' are the two strongest in the first half. I like the Carribbean influence, well, the 'dub' influence (and no, not like Burial, like Ska). The second half is better paced, and there is a lot more interesting stuff going on. 'Awful Sound' and 'It's Never Over' being the highlights of this half, and the entire album. Although, 'Awful Sound' is really, really Flaming Lips, but that is no bad thing in this case. 'Supersymmetry' is the song that seems to have caused most debate, and for 6+ minutes it is utterly sublime, then it goes full ???. It's interesting, but I think the album could've done without it.

I don't think the album is bloated, strangely, as it seems better... paced? than 'The Suburbs'. It has fewer songs of course, although for Arcade Fire, there isn't really, aside from 'Normal Person', a real 'stadium rocker', which I prefer, as those songs were usually the least interesting in the previous albums.

So, yeah, it is well worth your time, but it really is quite a departure from the previous albums, and for the better imo.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

also listening to arcade fire

picked it up after seeing a review saying it was really brave, unlike anything they've ever done and dancey, listened to it a few times and I really like it, I don't think its that dancey, also think "unlike anything they've ever done" pretty much sums up arcade fire as a band, they're not exactly samey or pigeon holed, that's what I like about them, yes its a different sound form suburbs but suburbs was a different sound from the 1st 2 albums, nothing really jumping out yet just the album as a whole is a good listen

don't like the 2 CDs 7 and then 6 songs though, pointless IMO not sure if that's a special edition thing but I don't see the reasoning

It absolutely was. 

The bloke is a grade A tosser, but he was once capable of greatness. 

I can remember everyone freaking out when he released Atlantic Crossing.

Me included. Piece of shit. 

2013-Horisont-Time-Warriors.jpg

Yeah, no, really this album was released this year. It's more surprising when you disregard what they look like, and listen to what they sound like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35wkjjiw4Zc

Not really my kind of thing, but if you're in to 'classic rock', then it might be pretty nice

Â