What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Black sabbath,sabotage, one of the most underrated albums of all time, one of sabbath's best, this was their first album not to go platinum and for some reason did not sell like the first 5 albums, still sounds fresh and was way ahead of its time when it came out, sabbath did not vary to much with their sound but each album they done with ozzy sounded different and each album had a different mood to it, sabbath take me places where no other band can, in my eyes only led zep could match the sabs in the hard rock world of putting killer after killer albums out, ozzy was the coolest frontman in the 70, the look the image the voice

• Like 1

514w-%2BVwnCL._SY355_.jpg

From Amazon

This is not a record for the faint hearted or not the place to start if you have the good fortune to be starting out with The Fall. What it is, is
a hardcore delight, a challenging one-off, and the early Fall masterpiece.
It's a better record than This Nation's Saving Grace, despite what a lot of critics think.
Opener, The Classical, is one of the all time best Fall songs, which is saying an awful lot-a belting hard rock tune, that somehow sounds unlike any other hard rock tune you've ever heard. Hip Priest, which of course turns up on the soundtrack to The Silence of the Lambs,is a demented and irresistible mission statement. Who makes the Nazis? is as unusual a piece of music as its title suggests.
Hex exhibits all the things that make The Fall great-repetition, forcefulness, melody(when they can be bothered) and strangeness-that gift they have of making music that sounds as if it shouldn't work, sounds somehow 'wrong', but which takes you to places no other band reach.And i do mean no other band. Which isn't to say they don't have influences-they do- but that what they do is unique.
A wonderful, disquieting and energising record. A classic.
  • Like 2

Â