• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

The only way Randy can save himself is to come out and say that the McLeish deal is off due to fan unrest.

If he dosnt, the relationship with the board will never be the same again.

That would be worse.

It would mean he is not strong willed to follow through on his convictions. What manager would join us knowing that the Chairman was the fans' puppet? They would never be secure in their job. We would also be a joke IN the game.

As he has now approached McLeish he HAS to see it through.

Why does he have to see it through???

If you're an employer do you papersift potential employees CV's but only interview one??? that would be daft!!!

To get out of this, Randy can interview 1 or 2 more candidates and simply say AM wasn't the best equipped but thanks for trying!

True but at this period of time he HAS offered him the job. So if he then withdraws the offer because the other staff don't like the look of him, then you would seem weak. And I am an employer.

Completely different in this situation. We as the supporters should be seen as the employer. Without us the club can't survive...

He wouldn't seem weak if he pulled the deal, as it would be to satisfy us supporters. We keep the club running and are the ones that will continue to do so for years to come. You can't really compare this to a normal company. Sure, you can between the chairman and the manager, yet you can't class us as 'staff'.

There are only 2 managers who would have satisfied the fans Ancelotti and Moyes. Both of which there have been strong signals that they did not want to come.

Would managers of any ilk be happy to come to the club that if the supporters are booing them after the second game then the owner would sack them??

We are not the employer. This is not a co-operative, this is not Barca.

My own opinion is that we have become spoilt by the amount of access to the board we have had. I think that was a big mistake on the boards part.

It has made us feel that we too entitled. Our job is to support the club. We are all entitled to an opinion and express it but when we demand that the Chairman keeps turning down who he believes is the best man for the job until we are all happy on one, then that is too far.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't help it keep refreshing the OS home page and feelin relieved at seeing King Olof but at the same time a little miffed that he's only number 40 in the top 50 post wars Villans!!!!

This is dragging it's heals a little now - unfortunately I don't think it'll be anything between Randy and AM holding this up and reckon it's sha trying to get money out of the deal and stalling as much as possible!

The way i see this is we have two choices as fans:

1) Suck it up, back McLeish and support this club. We may not like it but i don't see much choice.

2) Make a bad situation worse and hurt the club we love by protesting, staying away, or shouting abuse at our board and new manager.

I am not telling anyone what to think or feel, emotions are running high right now and we all have a choice to make. And no i'm not even sure myself what i think about those two options even if i know the consequences or think i do.

I think he has mitigating circumstances. I am sure a lot will not agree. I think he deserves his chance, I am sure alot won't agree.

But he may be a good fit in the similar mould to how Gregory was.

Bangs head against wall!!!!!

Bangs head harder against wall!!!!!

There are only 2 managers who would have satisfied the fans Ancelotti and Moyes. Both of which there have been strong signals that they did not want to come.

I'd pick Ancelloti.

After having a good think about it I'd say McLeish edges Moyes

McLeish as DOF?

This will cause some peoples' heads to explode, but Houllier as DOF would soften the blow of AM as manager for me. Think that could be a good combo.

I agree actually. At least we would have more chance of attracting decent players with Houllier involved. I worry that we may only attract low quality players with McLeish as manager.

I can't help it keep refreshing the OS home page and feelin relieved at seeing King Olof but at the same time a little miffed that he's only number 40 in the top 50 post wars Villans!!!!

This is dragging it's heals a little now - unfortunately I don't think it'll be anything between Randy and AM holding this up and reckon it's sha trying to get money out of the deal and stalling as much as possible!

Mellberg will become the symbol of our hope. :lol:

Your sarcastic tone doesn't make you look clever or validate your point any further.

On McLeish we shall see. His CV is not appalling. His relegations have been balenced by his success also. He is not my top choice or even in my top 5 but to say his CV is "appalling" is just incorrect.

I agree his CV is not appalling, however his premier league record is....

Yes, he did well with Rangers (bit like taking over ManUre or Chelsea but in Scotland) and cut his teeth well with Hibs (after their initial relegation)

But going on the Board's criteria of 'Premier League' experience then he should fail dismally.... Awful brand of football (admittedly with a poor squad) and a gift of a cup victory!

I think we're all clinging onto the hope that with our players, he'll set them out to play a more expansive game (than his usual 8-1-1 formation) but I don't think he knows any other way!

The truth is most managers that succeed are a good fit for the club at that period in time.

NO-ONE (including me) will know if he is a good fit until he has a few months in the job.

But with his record in the league, why take the risk that he may be a good fit???

Doesn't make sense?!?!

I think he has mitigating circumstances. I am sure a lot will not agree. I think he deserves his chance, I am sure alot won't agree.

Are there any managers you would draw the line at and say they are not good enough to take us forward?

That's simply rubbish

You're only intention is to wind people up on this site

Melberg will become the symbol of our hope. :lol:

F5 - refreshes screen - Mellberg - Wahoo!!!!

Your sarcastic tone doesn't make you look clever or validate your point any further.

On McLeish we shall see. His CV is not appalling. His relegations have been balenced by his success also. He is not my top choice or even in my top 5 but to say his CV is "appalling" is just incorrect.

I agree his CV is not appalling, however his premier league record is....

Yes, he did well with Rangers (bit like taking over ManUre or Chelsea but in Scotland) and cut his teeth well with Hibs (after their initial relegation)

But going on the Board's criteria of 'Premier League' experience then he should fail dismally.... Awful brand of football (admittedly with a poor squad) and a gift of a cup victory!

I think we're all clinging onto the hope that with our players, he'll set them out to play a more expansive game (than his usual 8-1-1 formation) but I don't think he knows any other way!

The truth is most managers that succeed are a good fit for the club at that period in time.

NO-ONE (including me) will know if he is a good fit until he has a few months in the job.

But with his record in the league, why take the risk that he may be a good fit???

Doesn't make sense?!?!

Are there any managers you would draw the line at and say they are not good enough to take us forward?

Plenty Brown, Megson etc. Mainly people who have not tasted any major success

I think the answer to that one is no - according to reverend ted it's not our job as supporters to have an opinion only to tug our forelock and hand over our cash

He would accept any old rubbish served up to him and say thank you