• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shaun Teale is now tweeting that he's heard on Talksport that talks have broken down.

@shaunteale Shaun Teale

Just heard on talksport that talks between RL and AM have broken down #hearshoping

You don't think AVFCMysteryman started this? Eiether that or he really is ITK cos he posted that the talks had not gone well a good while ago

on Twitter!!

the more & more i try to understand some of the thinking behind all of this since we started looking for a new manager the more & more i understand less

In fact had enough, i'm going to shoot loads of blue noses on Black Ops instead

Shaun Teale is now tweeting that he's heard on Talksport that talks have broken down.

@shaunteale Shaun Teale

Just heard on talksport that talks between RL and AM have broken down #hearshoping

You don't think AVFCMysteryman started this? Eiether that or he really is ITK cos he posted that the talks had not gone well a good while ago

on Twitter!!

All made up Julie.

Talksport said it was reported off the back of 'twitter rumours'

After the past few weeks it is now essential that we have a quick decision with a manager in place to start working on recruiting and retaining players. The amount of over-reaction to the possible appointment of a football manager is ridiculous. He would not be my choice but is unlikely to be a disappointment, may even surprise some fans. He certainly must have some courage to be willing to take on this job with all the flak that is flying around.

mini_beest Dave Beeston

Update:RT @ChrisSkudder numerous sabotage 'rumours' being thrown out there by mischief makers, potential deal still on as far as I'm aware

Yip could be a wind up by Blues fans which means that MM guy on twitter probably is as well.

Something to consider re: Randy listening to fan protest:

Several years ago, Randy had hired a well respected scout from the Baltimore Ravens to be the General Manager of the Browns. His name is Phil Savage (no relation to the Def Lep bassist as far as I'm aware) and was credited with helping to build the Ravens into the Super Bowl champion and perennial contender they still are today (bastards). His hiring was greeted with accolades from Browns fans far and wide. In Phil's 2nd year (if I remember rightly) there was word of a power struggle between him and the team president, Doug Collins, and word was Phil was on his way out.

Cue fan protest.

Browns fans inundated Randy's office with emails and calls, howling about the possibility of losing goldenboy Phil Savage to some tosser president that none of us knew. I myself sent a handful of emails, hoping to somehow save Phil's job and the future of my beloved team.

Phil won. Browns fans patted each other on the backs and congratulated ourselves on proving that the fans still had some power.

Then Phil turned out to be a total word removed.

After he and the coach, Romeo Crennel, were fired stories from multiple sources came out about how Phil Savage was power-mad and worked actively to undercut his coaching staff on every little thing. Set the Browns back 5 years at least.

I'm not sure what the lesson here is. Be careful what you wish for maybe?

I don't want Mcleish .......................but if he declines it - or the board change there mind ....................where on earth do we go from here ?

Mark Hughes?

If wed gone for hughes - we wouldn't be in this bloody mess ?

Why oh why ?not hughes