• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Some pisspot handbags bastards on here. Get a grip.

Any manager with half a reputation wouldn't touch the current Villa job with a barge-pole. Both the club and McLeish will be putting their balls on the road on this one; so more informed rational adult responses please, and less jumping up and down and stamping of feet. It'd be savvy to put all your eggs in one basket at this stage, lest it end up on your face.

"The board don't know what they're doing"; I can guarantee they know more than Knee-Jerk Jim in K4.

Big up Big Eck. BRRRRAP!

Although the idea of Mcleish horrifies me this made me lol and I agree 100%

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yanks at Liverplop, they had no clue, the fans kicked off.

Yanks at Manure, they have no clue, the fans kicked off.

Yanks at Villa, they seem to not have a clue, fans are kicking off.

Mmmm, there seems to be an underlying problem here.

Ignorance and prejudice in 3 UK cities?

Who exactly is advising Faulkner and Lerner on manager appointments this season?

Who exactly are they talking to within the game?

i mean .....Martinez one week then McLeish - i mean whatever you think of either they are almost polar opposites in ways of management .

The board seem all over the place and completely inchorent from the outside.

You remember when I said I wouldn't be surprised if the board hired him?

It's the fact they have no football knowledge between them, Roberto Martienz was HIGH on the shortlist and Randy's reputation at the Browns of appointments.

I really didn't get the blindness from some fans. They clearly shouldn't be making these decisions in the first place.

I can't believe this is going to happen, it just makes no sense. From the footballing philosophy that GH was gradually implementing to a request to interview Martinez who at least had a growing reputation and similar philosophy to McLeish, with a track record of dour negative football and two recent relegations. It makes no sense. If this happens, I will be genuinely gutted.

:lol:

Ok this is how I see it. Randy is sick of the media making out the fans are deciding who the next manager is. This is why villa are openly talking to Mcleish. Expect another statement in the next few days saying thank you to AM for the interview but he does not fit the role of new manager for Aston Villa. Then Mark Hughes will be announced as new manager on the 1st July.

Time for Villa fans to unite, prove we are not fickle and protest to ensure that AM never darkens our door.

Bad things happen when when good people become passive, it is time to be counted.

To the Board "WE DO NOT WANT ALEX McLEISH AT OUR CLUB, NOT NOW, NOT NEVER"

I've supported the Villa my whole life. I've seen managers come and go, I've seen good times, I've seen bad times. If Mcleish is appointed, I will support him as Aston Villa boss, because my dislike for him cannot overshadow my love for this football club. I'm just going to sit back and see what happens.

Who exactly is advising Faulkner and Lerner on manager appointments this season?

Who exactly are they talking to within the game?

i mean .....Martinez one week then McLeish - i mean whatever you think of either they are almost polar opposites in ways of management .

The board seem all over the place and completely inchorent from the outside.

You remember when I said I wouldn't be surprised if the board hired him?

It's the fact they have no football knowledge between them, Roberto Martienz was HIGH on the shortlist and Randy's reputation at the Browns of appointments.

I really didn't get the blindness from some fans. They clearly shouldn't be making these decisions in the first place.

Yes i rmebr you saying it woul;nt suprise you if they went after McLeish sometime last week and i basically laughed at you for saying so.

Apologies.

:oops:

Still cant believe its gonna be Mcleish. What does it say for what else is at the table by the mere act of considering him ? It really does seem like we're scraping the barrel here. I'd like to know what Hughes is up to at the moment. I cant believe he's chucked the towel in without any assurances from another club.

That's the sort of politically correct, ill informed and pointless response I would expect from someone who clearly doesn't understand that the 3 clubs mentioned have hundreds of thousands of supporters all over the world not just confined to 3 cities in the UK.

That's the sort of politically correct, ill informed and pointless response I would expect from someone who clearly doesn't understand that the 3 clubs mentioned have hundreds of thousands of supporters all over the world not just confined to 3 cities in the UK.

Will people please stop trying to make this about nationality?