• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The stupid thing about this if true is that this isn't even a "safe" appointment. He's a shit manager who plays shit football. This will hurt the club, the board, the players and the fans. NOBODY wins.

Get a grip people. We have not officialy hired a manager yet and while it is very frightening to some that we may hire Big Eck, we need to stay calm. Surely there are quite a few others in frame for the job that we just know nothing about at this point. We all know one thing for sure AVFC keeps things sealed tight from within. So to all those already chanting Lerner out and talking of not renewing ST's, all your doing is giving ammunition to the press to label our great club as shambolic and cheers for that. Neil Moxley thanks you.

I just cannot believe they would do this. It is not only bad football sense but bad business sense too. The statement is hard to fathom and I agree with the poster that it is cleverly worded. I still maintain that they will not appoint McLeish and that Moyes is lined up. In denial probably.

This is one of the most shameful, if not THE most shameful day as a Villa fan I have ever experienced.

No knee-jerk reaction here, just someone who has witnessed their Board confirm, in black and white, that they intend to consider THE most nonsensical footballing decision at Villa Park I can ever remember.

Absolutely disgraceful. More than 12,000 fans sign up to a protest group online - more than this entire messageboard and all its inactive members - hundreds upon hundreds of emails flood into the Club and media outlets across the land, banners hung on the famous Holte End gates and even plans of fan protests.

And yet, in the Board's statement, they want someone "who understands the Club's ethos" - how ironic is that statement?

By interviewing Alex **** McLeish YOU have shown you don't understand the Club's ethos, nor the wishes of the vast, vast majority of fans. We have noses already mocking us, the media have been laughing for the past 10 days, and now our own Board has turned round and slapped us in the face.

I am positively fuming with rage. They have just shown what Aston Villa Football Club means to them, and they have just made the most illogical and amateur mistake they could ever dream of making.

Disgrace.

100% agree

well until it happens i dont believe it.

i know they are not the cleverest when it comes to football decisions, letting MON have free reign to give away the clubs money being one of them.

the general stating it doesnt matter who manages the club as long as 'they fit'.

such football basics is still lost it seems.

HOWEVER they are business men, and even they can see that losing 12k fans per game which is what they will lose, losing any decent players we have including the young players, not getting a decent amount for sponsorship, having the most boring negative shit football so even sky dont pick us until the end of season relagation sunday

these and many many more reasons clearly visible to stevie wonder are the reason we will not be appointing a manager who excells at being shit.

keeping things cloak and dagger is all well and good but this summer we have gone about getting a new man in, the completely wrong way.

i wonder what football 'experts' the club have been emplying?

what are the odds randy asked GH who he would like? if we do end up with shit i bet anything this is what has happened.

of course GH who was berated by the fans and then told to go by the club would only have his beloved aston villa in his heart wouldnt he?

as i say, i wont believe that i wont be spending 1p on the club this season, and if we get some shit like mccliesh then no money comes to villa in ANY way or form this coming season

no shirts, no games, no dvds, posters for my son. infact i will go so far as to get my son supporting the team most local to us now.

if the board dont give a **** , and clearly if this sort of standard is appointed then they dont, then why on earth should i?

Been trying to type a post for 10 minutes I am fuming, if Lerner thinks he can't treat us like clearings in the woods he's got another thing coming. Yes we don't want him because he managed the scum but more importantly he's shit. If this goes through im done with Lerner Faulkner and the rest of the cronies

I will reserve judgement on the board until a new manager is announced.

It is very typical of the Learner regime to keep its card VERY close to its chest. We have not appointed him yet

This ^ Wait and see guys.

I blame myself for this. I celebrated so wildly on the day blues went down, mocking their fans for their turgid play, minimal shots and goals that it was bound to bite me on the arse.

And what a bite its been.

Im speechless, yet full of the most profane swear words imaginable all at the same time. Houllier doesnt seem so bad now does he guys....