• Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RIP AVFC

Talksport saying we have appointed an ex shite manager

I will refuse to buy any merchandise relating to villa or anything to do with any matchday

Lerner has sold us out unbelievable is he that out of touch with the fans

Fair play to the people who will pay to watch the drivel served up next season negative football 10 men behind it no flair shocking

I feel as a fan like ive been mugged

Complete and utter circus these past couple of weeks which is now ending with an execution at the end of it an execution of the link between the fans and the board they may as well have excommunicated themselves

No longer will i believe any rubbish PR spouted by the club

The only positive is that ill be 400 - 500 quid better off as it wont be wasted on a ST

IT'S AN EXCLUSIVE FROM TALKSPORT THEY ARE CERTAIN THEY WOULDN'T LIE ABOUT THIS OR THEIR REPUTATION WOULD BE IN TATTERS. IT'LL BE ON SSN IN THE NEXT 10 MINUTES. A SAD DAY FOR AVFC, AND THOSE ITK NUMPTIES.

Feck off and take your Caps lock with you.

IT'S AN EXCLUSIVE FROM TALKSPORT THEY ARE CERTAIN THEY WOULDN'T LIE ABOUT THIS OR THEIR REPUTATION WOULD BE IN TATTERS. IT'LL BE ON SSN IN THE NEXT 10 MINUTES. A SAD DAY FOR AVFC, AND THOSE ITK NUMPTIES.

Maybe, talksport aren't the best - I'm not quite sold yet, but they are very convinced.

Let's hope they're as accurate as the Bob Bradley announcement a few months ago...

Did they announce that as well?

Yep - and they got the info off some obscure blog.

Even if it wasn't true, they are going to say it because, let's face it, there's f-ck all else going on

if we forget the scum years and look at mcleish's stats he has a average win rate of 53%

30% at motherwell

47% at hibernian

67% at rangers

and 70% at scotland !!!! yes scotland who really are crap.So if hell does freeze over he would at least know what HE'S doing

not that i approve of him but i think should it be we must at least give him a chance. (said through grated teeth !!)

hey maybe randy said to him after they won the cup you can have our job but first agent mcleish you must destroy the blues !! who knows

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~2376322,00.html

This is a message to the fans of Aston Villa.

The Club has been reluctant to elaborate publicly on our search for a new manager and, in particular, to confirm or deny our interest in specific candidates.

This is not a new policy, indeed it is the approach that we have taken both in regard to managerial prospects, and potential player signings.

The Club understands that Alex McLeish is a free agent. We therefore intend to interview him imminently in order to make a decision regarding his candidacy to become Villa manager.

From the beginning of our search, we have set out criteria based on proven Premier League experience, compelling leadership, an ethic for hard work and, most importantly, sharing our vision for Aston Villa as we know that without a shared vision any appointment, however attractive, will ultimately fail.

Since 2006 we have approached our custodianship of Villa based on a broad-based strategy of significant investment to improve the squad, the training ground and Villa Park. We feel it is essential to select a manager who understands and supports our strategy for the Club to grow and to be sustainable. Otherwise, the natural tensions and competitive pressures that are involved with every season will ultimately cause instability and make continuity impossible.

We would, however, like to emphasise that in deciding to interview Alex McLeish, the Board has taken his tenure at our local rivals and the strong emotions associated with this very seriously.

We are determined, still, not to allow that three-and-a-half year post to disqualify him should he be the best candidate for the role of Aston Villa manager.

Thats it then, mcleish is the manager and i wont be watching villa for a few years at least. Worst day of being a fan since ive been alive im absolutely distraught. My last post on the villa aswell and i dont care if anyone says im overreacting, R.I.P AVFC.