• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Problem is the lack of information is actually destroying the fans patience as well.

The more the media get denied info.. the more they make up and hunt for more info...

The club should have provided a bit more specific statements on the website 'We are currently looking at 5 managers.. we not offered a role.. we are just interviewing yada yada'

A denial for a manager that has been mentioned in the press from a PR guy would not go astray either.

A simple 'We have not spoken to David Moyes or Everton'

Our club is just as much as fault as the fans and the media. Its now become a circus.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that I know anything, but my money is evenly spread between David Moyes and Mark Hughes.

I know enough about Birmingham City to know that McLeish's departure had absolutely nothing to do with the vacancy at the Villa, but I am in the minority as I think that McLeish is a damn good manager who will do a great job at his next club.

But then I know enough about Birmingham City.............

Kind of my thoughts too.

Whatever happens.....

I am now 100% certain that we have been talking to a Ginger Scotsman about the vacancy at VP for weeks.

If that Ginger Scotsman doesn't come because his employer can't be budged.. and we end up with an alternative ginger scotsman, we don't want or someone else, then it won't be through lack of trying!

:!:

someone on twitter (not naming names) - 'It seems a lot of people are saying that Alex McLeish has arrived at Villa Park. If they're right ... **** OFF RANDY LERNER YOU clearing in the woods!!'

:yawn:

Whatever happens.....

I am now 100% certain that we have been talking to a Ginger Scotsman about the vacancy at VP for weeks.

If that Ginger Scotsman doesn't come because his employer can't be budged.. and we end up with an alternative ginger scotsman, we don't want or someone else, then it won't be through lack of trying!

:!:

You do make me chuckle Julie. I know for certain as well due to a certain person on twitter with connections at the club stating the exact same thing only 25 minutes ago.

Problem is the lack of information is actually destroying the fans patience as well. (You mean yours?)

The more the media get denied info.. the more they make up and hunt for more info... because they NEVER do that anyway do they?

The club should have provided a bit more specific statements on the website 'We are currently looking at 5 managers.. we not offered a role.. we are just interviewing yada yada' and this wouldn't have encouraged ANY silly speculation now would it?

A denial for a manager that has been mentioned in the press from a PR guy would not go astray either. (Why? Why rule anyone out? Our 1st choice may noy say yes.)

A simple 'We have not spoken to David Moyes or Everton' Maybe we have?

Our club is just as much as fault as the fans and the media. Its now become a circus.

Empolyer respects applicants confidentiality..... how is this a circus?

Its amazing how many people can't just go with the flow, and trust that the board (who have NEVER let the club down IMHO) will get the right person for the job. 8)

Problem is the lack of information is actually destroying the fans patience as well.

The more the media get denied info.. the more they make up and hunt for more info...

The club should have provided a bit more specific statements on the website 'We are currently looking at 5 managers.. we not offered a role.. we are just interviewing yada yada'

A denial for a manager that has been mentioned in the press from a PR guy would not go astray either.

A simple 'We have not spoken to David Moyes or Everton'

I agree. Something needs to be said. Our name is getting dragged through the mud.

This getting boring now, so I'll repeat this so I can say "I told you so":

Never was going to be McLeish, we have to make it look like we are speaking to other managers so when Mark Hughes is un-veiled as manager in July we don't get done for tapping him up which we blatantly did.

someone on twitter (not naming names) - 'It seems a lot of people are saying that Alex McLeish has arrived at Villa Park. If they're right ... **** OFF RANDY LERNER YOU clearing in the woods!!'

Yes **** off Randy Learner what a rocket polishing clearing in the woods you are.

How dare you spit on the proud history of this club by providing us with, £200m, world class training facilities, free coaches, a renovated Holte Suite, mosaics and vastly improved stadium and club structure.

We would be far better off without you.

:bonk:

It was removed by the person who wrote on the wall in the first place, Jon Fear has vouched for it being a genuine fb for the general too.

How is there any way that we can possibly know that?

Also - isn't Jon Fear a know as a self-publicising clearing in the woods?

Becasue the lad who made the comment, told me.

I tend to think, if the board gives in and makes a few statements, the press will smell blood and go after them even harder. Like, after Whelan and Martinez. The board themselves have been very dignified, its just everybody else that is getting excited in my opinion.

I'd like to put the plane thing to bed with my *theory*

Last week his plane departed BHX and MacBhx (of Twitter fame) asked on an aviation forum where it had gone to. Some bloke, who is normally pissed at any given time of the day, and likes to give replies even when he doesn't know the answer (to appear ITK) said Madrid, and that was famously tweeted.

Cut to me checking and finding that it had actually gone to Corsica, which is where it went when Mr Lerner was talking to Gerard Houllier. The aircraft came back and went to the US for the weekend, returning monday morning.

In the meantime Alex McLeish resigns from Birmingham City from his holiday in 'Italy', which turns out to be the Italian island of Sardinia, which happens to neighbour Corsica, but is still divided by water.

To compound things Mr Lerner's private jet leaves for Corsica late yesterday and returns today.

If you have got this far, my theory.

Mr Lerner liked Corsica so much during his meetings with Gerard Houllier, that he bought a place there.

The movements of his jet in that direction are people sorting that out for him (finalising, readying, overseeing alterations etc.)

Mr Lerner spent last week in the UK, working on the new manager thing. On Friday he went home to spend the weekend with his family (family is more important, despite some losing sight of that). He returns to the UK Monday morning and has remained here, working on the managerial appointment.

So nothing going on on the new manager front that is anyway related to the movement of his private jet.

I like the theory but the one part I would question is the use of a private jet for people sorting out a property project. That's a pretty expensive way of ferrying people around, isn't it? I would be inclined to think such people would be using scheduled flights.

That said, I don't have his money, don't have a jet, don't know the exact costs involved and don't know how he thinks.