• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we have a simple poll on this? Just a 'Do you want Alex Mcleish as manager? Yes/No'

Would be interesting to see the results.

Interesting how??

Its quite clear that the more balanced supporters are going to be drowned out by the boo boys

Just like we were with GH.

I'm a very balanced supporter and have never, and will never, boo my club.

However, I would also not vote for McLeish. Purely because his football is rubbish and his track record when given funds is questionable at best.

I would also prefer Mark Hughes to take the roll as although he is less successful, he comes with far less baggage. Apart from that nob-jockey Kia Joorabchian.

After some thinking on this i've calmed down on this, I honestly think the Birmingham Mail are loving this, what do they actually have in terms of evidence that we want McLeish. They do not like the fact that AVFC do not do their business in PUBLIC and never will, Birmingham Mail have the whole coverage on this story based on an e-mail from Pannu and his comments that he'll want 5Million. I just cannot see us getting involved in this mud slinging, I think we're still targeting who we want however when Blues tried to force the situation we put them in their place in regards to the legalities, i.e. we can talk to who ever we want. I will still support the club and be at VP however i will be hugely disappointed at this appointment. The press are making us fans look real small-time and are actually loving the way we are reacting, all this protest lark, **** the protest. We are Villa and we should get behind our club, yes thats right it's OUR club, not McLeish or Randy's or even Krulaks, it's our. Theirs a season ticket holder who sits next to me in the Trinity, he has been a season ticket holder for 77years, I look at him and think thats a true Villa fan who has possibly been seen all the ups and downs that possibly can be but still follows them.

Sorry, had a funny turn there. In all seriousness I want to know whether the board at Birmingham had some indication that McLeish was of interest to Villa? My guess is no due to deals sanctioned by the board on Eck's say so, but that asks other questions such as how are Villa communicating with people on their shortlist. If they went the right way about it with Martinez that's admirable but our approaches COULD have caused 2 seperate managers to resign from their jobs, unless they both are coincidental.

Can we have a simple poll on this? Just a 'Do you want Alex Mcleish as manager? Yes/No'

Interesting how??

Its quite clear that the more balanced supporters are going to be drowned out by the boo boys

So because the majority disagree with your views they are not balanced supporters?

There's a poll on the Guardian site which is over 80% no. Surprised it's so low but no doubt it's not just Villa fans voting.

I had genuinely thought that the board were after someone who even if successful would be at Villa Park for long time. Hence why it appears that RL was a big fan of Moyes.

Its easy to see someone like Benitez going as soon as one of the big boys came calling.

Its pretty much the only reason that we havent spoke to Frank Rijkaard as surely he would help set the club up for success in the long term compared to any other candidate.

Now I am not about to start bashing the board because we have been linked with a poor manager. The board are taking their time and refusing to comment on any form of speculation. Do we expect that the longer this goes on the better the appointment should be.

Interesting how??

Agreed! Tell you what is it possible to display someones age next to each post too? Think that might reveal some truths too somehow :lol:

What has happened so far is that BCFC contacted us asking us what our position on McLeish was now he had resigned. We e-mailed back saying that as he was a free agent we could speak to him if we wished to.

Why on earth would BCFC do that?

Because they suspecting/knew we had an interest.

Randy went to Corsica to speak to AM before he quit.

We have to face up to this - we are trying to appoint him. Our only hope is that Randy fails.

Agreed.

Can we have a simple thread with this poll, and no commenting, so that this thread can run alongside it?

Interesting how??

Just like we were with GH.

I'm a very balanced supporter and have never, and will never, boo my club.

Agree with this. I am not and never will be a boo boy, i just don't see any positives about him becoming manager. His track record in the premier league is very poor at best.

However, I would also not vote for McLeish. Purely because his football is rubbish and his track record when given funds is questionable at best.

I would also prefer Mark Hughes to take the roll as although he is less successful, he comes with far less baggage. Apart from that nob-jockey Kia Joorabchian.

If Randy gives that idiot the job then he should go back to America and remove that tattoo. I thought this was a bad joke until I saw it on BBC.

I actually cannot believe we have done this.

Lerner has an atrocious record of appointing managers - a record he seems set to continue with.

No he hasn't! He has appointed KMac as caretaker, which was fine, and Houllier who was a decent manager and probably the best available to us at that time.

Losing 6-0 at Newcastle was fine was it? How about **** up another Euro campaign? was that fine?

Interesting how??

So because the majority disagree with your views they are not balanced supporters?

Not saying that at all. But ive been more than willing to give managers weve been linked with a chance. I wanted Houllier to stay (fans wanted his head on a stick). I voted twice for Martinez in the polls (most were in uproar at the thought of him as manager). Ive openly stated im willing to give anybody a chance - even Alex fookin McLeish!!

Balanced.

Rather than I WANT ANCELOTTI OR IM CANCELLING MY SEASON TICKET!!!!

when did some villa fans start thinking we're man united or real madrid or something? all the anti GH types screaming about how our great club is being degraded by talking to someone like martinez?

WTF. just coz randy has some cash doesn't mean we have a divine right to appoint mourinho and rule the world. some of you need a reality check.

i would LOVE to see rijkaard or carlo at villa. don't get me wrong, but throwing hissy fits about how we should be appointing some world beating manager and pushing for the top 4 is a bit wide of our current mark. which is getting back to being regular top 6, having a couple of good runs in the europa league and starting to attract a level of player that can get us there!