• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was Mcleish's style of play like when at Rangers? Maybe that would be more indicative of how he would play at Villa than at Birmingham. Any great signings up there when the club had some pulling power? I ask as I don't know myself. Thanks.

Our fans reaction to the RUMOUR is bloody pathetic, making us look small time, and very much like blues.

I think it is more than a rumour! BCFC say we have contacted them about him!

And you trust BCFC 100% over anything they say? let alone to do with us!!

Nothing has been confirmed by our club.

There's no logic. The board are making Mike Ashley look good.

Well our fans are doing a good job of acting like Barcode fans, so it all fits.

theres no logic in our fans acting like children, Last year it was Houllier, this year the board.

Our "fans" are deluded, its not the media making us look like **** idiots, its the **** idiots who claim to be supporters.

What was Mcleish's style of play like when at Rangers? Maybe that would be more indicative of how he would play at Villa than at Birmingham. Any great signings up there when the club had some pulling power? I ask as I don't know myself. Thanks.

Awful.

Our fans reaction to the RUMOUR is bloody pathetic, making us look small time, and very much like blues.

Agree. If it's a rumour then please explain generals comments, thanks.

Part of me still thinks that no decision has been reached yet.. It's like the club have:

1. Made up a preliminary list.

2. Gone through proper channels & asked for permission to speak with those on said list.

3. Some were simply not interested or avaliable for whatever reason (Ancelotti who may or may not have a 12 month tie in his Chelsea contract hence 12 months off & Hughes who just coincidentaly left Fulham)

4. Then had preliminary discussions, as in a general meeting to see if there was interest & a basic blueprint of what was on offer from the club / wanted by the prospective manager, with all those already avaliable (Benitez, McClaren) from that list.

5. Had to wait on others i.e. Martinez for permission to be granted before this "chat" could take place & some were given permission, some not or unknown (Moyes, McCleish, Coyle & maybe a few we are not aware of?).

6. After discounting the unrealistic demands of some (Benitez) & disinterest of others (Martinez) they then draw up a proper short list for full interview.

7. Then McCleish decides to make a break from Blues probably down to behind the scenes stuff we are not yet aware of hence the constructive dismissal stuff we are hearing rumours of & GK's "patronising" letter after he heard about this poor treatment?!... McCleish then says he is willing to talk to Villa.

8. Now the short list for full on talks is complete.

McCleish (who is the only one we are really aware of due to events) & maybe 1 or 2 others who we are not aware of?

Hence the delay & lack of any announcement plus this ties in with comments from the general as to no decision has been made yet etc.

Thinking about it Hughes could indeed still be on that list.

Sorry if already posted.

Peter Pancake -

"Alex goes on a trip to Corsica and Villa owner Randy Lerner has got a jet.

"How do I, unless I've got a satellite device, know that they have not met? There is no way I can actually find that they have planned anything together.

Read More http://www.birminghampost.net/midlands-birmingham-sport/west-midlands-sports/birmingham-city-fc/2011/06/14/birmingham-city-peter-pannu-reacts-to-resignation-of-alex-mcleish-and-aston-villa-interest-97319-28874428/#ixzz1PF7OFpfr

Awful.

I believe the locals called it "anti-fitba" or words to that effect.

Agree. If it's a rumour then please explain generals comments, thanks.

Because our fans have gone apeshit, its to try and calm use down and stop the unneeded and uncalled for reactions!

LETS JUST CHILL OUT. Nothing is official yet! And if, Alex Mcleish is our new manager, he will be manager of ASTON VILLA FOOTBALL CLUB, OUR FOOTBALL CLUB. I for one will SUPPORT the club regardless, Randy and whoever must see something in whoever they appoint, you really think he hasnt got the clubs best interest? get a grip.

Blind faith is not always a good thing. As fans we have a right to question decisions and we would be irresponsible if we didn't. I believe appointing McLeish would be wrong for this club and I feel I have the right to say that. I don't have to keep quiet in case I offend the board. Right now I think they are going about things the wrong way.

Nope.

What has happened so far is that BCFC contacted us asking us what our position on McLeish was now he had resigned. We e-mailed back saying that as he was a free agent we could speak to him if we wished to.

That's it.

There's no logic. The board are making Mike Ashley look good.

Well our fans are doing a good job of acting like Barcode fans, so it all fits.

theres no logic in our fans acting like children, Last year it was Houllier, this year the board.

Our "fans" are deluded, its not the media making us look like **** idiots, its the **** idiots who claim to be supporters.

Gotta say i agree.