• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know people are saying there is no rush to appoint a new manager but surely there is now because:

Teams are already moving in the transfer market, we could be left well behind by the time new manager comes in looks at our players then talks to new ones

New management team need to get used to surroundings, new players and already work on tactics

Talk to our players to make them stay- the longer no manager the longer players get unsettled ie downing

needs to be done by next week definitely

The thing about ITK's is that they say they support Villa, but suppossedly give out info for their own self interest rather than the interest of club.

I mean, if someone in the club has told them something, then why do they then tell everyone,, with the risk that if its true, they could be wrecking a potential transfer or something.

Clubs keep things like that quiet for a purpose.

Young was moving to arsenal in january aswell according to her/him, its a load of shite its already been said but its true how would he/she know when nobody else has a clue. I think theres only 2-3 people who actually know whats going on.

If u look back she actually said that young won't be leaving in janurary but will be leaving for arsenal/MAN U. In the summer

Whats the latest?

News / speculation / bullshit etc

I've replanted and spaced some cabbages and courgettes.

Can anyone confirm this or is this bullshit?

Total manure :lol:

I certainly won't believe it until some ITK tweets it.

Young was moving to arsenal in january aswell according to her/him, its a load of shite its already been said but its true how would he/she know when nobody else has a clue. I think theres only 2-3 people who actually know whats going on.

If u look back she actually said that young won't be leaving in janurary but will be leaving for arsenal/MAN U. In the summer

Pires medical has been completed however terms not yet agreed. Whispers that Ashley Young to Arsenal in January is very much 'on'.

Jurgen Klinsman would be a good shout.
Isn't Klinsmann busy enjoying a cushy businessman's life with his wife/family in America? I think it would be worth considering a German for the job, though. Has there ever been a German manager in the Prem? (Gross is Swiss). The Germans always do things resolutely by the book and you can bet any candidate will have a thorough grounding in management skills.

Maybe it's because I'm a casual rather than fanatical follower of Villa, but I'm quite taken with the idea of considering taking a punt on a young(ish) German manager; a guy with no Prem experience but someone who was a winner as a player and who has managed at a decent level. Someone who's still a bit rawly ambitious and would likely have a progressive vision: Matthias Sammer (Euro '96 winner, Champions League winner), Pierre Littbarski (World Cup winner, two time World Cup runner-up - albeit as a bench-warmer for the '86 WC Final, I think)

Still hoping for Carlo or someone of that stature to be announced on Monday. Keep the faith boys. :)

It's getting a bit tiresome now mate. Isn't going to happen. Move on.

There's no harm in hoping. I did say Carlo or someone of his stature, so I'd be perfectly happy with someone like Van Gaal. I'd of course be very happy with Moyes as well.