• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree this could roll on into July, problem is we've got more work than ever to do in the transfer market, so it wont leave much time and many of our targets may have been snapped up by then

How can our targets have been snapped up. Until we get a manager who will have his own ideas on who he wants we won't even know who our targets are.

Unless you are suggesting we just buy players anyway and hope the new man fancies them

I think he as ust saying that the pool of players still available to our new manager will be much smaller later in the window than it is now before many players have moved.

Im not sure in what criteria you would put Martinez ahead of Hughes when selecting your next manager.

lot of criteria!

1) age

2) spanish speaking ability

3) cute smile

4) funky eyebrows

5) asking Dave Whelan who the best manager in the world is.

Just as last year we need to be patient. Even if Houlliers successor had been named the same day as he left and what CI says is true (that we have more work to do in the transfer market than ever) we can't expect all that work be done this summer. We need time to build, so I'd say we are looking at another season of transition as the new man shapes his team and stamps his philosophy on the club. In my book 9th again would be a good finish considering all that has gone on. Maybe we can speed up that process by appointing a "name" with high enough reputation to attract some real quality, but that is hard and takes time. Patience is essential really.

I wonder as well if Martinez does become our manager if he does a dramatic U-turn and decides that Nzogbia is now available to us and not just the top clubs in the premier league.

I hope if he is, you'll give him a chance and support him Ash.

I hope all Villa fans at least give him a chance to be shit before stinging him up.

I'll give him a chance and support him, infact I'd support just about anyone even managers from lower leagues up and coming from all around the world.

My only straw stops with benitez and mcclowen, that is simply one step too far...though I have kind of forgotten my hatefest with Ian Holloway in all that :P.

Martinez is far from my choice but I'm willing to give him a chance, I have more respect for him than many others.

My point is, if RM & Whelan pitch up on SSN / Talkshite etc at 130pm saying he's not even prepared to talk to Villa, it wont reflect too well on our club

can you not see that

SSN and Talkshite - says it all.

If Martinez does not join us it is because he did not get the job. Villa are a massive step up from Wigan. Its the same when he was at Swansea and they came calling.

As nice as Dave Whelan makes himself out, he is obviously pissed off at the interview, in that RM requested to attend an interview and DW didnt like this.

I doubt very much DM was first choice and we would have contacted him 9 days ago as the front runner.

Its an interview process, with a good few applicants. When you go for a job, up against others, it does not mean you get the job after your interview. There is usually a date they " get back to you".

Sky and the papers have been blocked out of AVFC matters for a few weeks and they do not like it, so the RM thing comes up and then they claw onto this, just like they did with steve.

People like Mat Kendrick no jack shit from what i can see. remember hes a journo, clutching a straws.

Watch this space!

Did he not talk to Randy. To be honest i couldn't give a flying **** what Talkshite or SSN, they do not like the fact that our business is conducted professionally. They go on about Fifa, but they love the underhand shit so they get the stories. They want people like me and you watching and raising arguments to protect our club. All i care is we get the 'right' manager for the club and do not care how badly that reflects us.

#avfc Roberto Martinez has told Randy no. But no prob as Randy spoke David Moyes last night and David is meeting Randy today. Now u know

Don't know if this guy is the real MM but he has Kendrick and a few others following him

i think thats the one we discussed a couple of 100 pages back as being fake. i think.

#avfc Roberto Martinez has told Randy no. But no prob as Randy spoke David Moyes last night and David is meeting Randy today. Now u know

Don't know if this guy is the real MM but he has Kendrick and a few others following him

Hope there's some truth in this.

I think it's pretty doubtful that he's the real MM considering he only signed up to Twitter an hour ago...

Hope there's some truth in this.

Actually no, he is following Kendrick not the other way round