• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I really hope Moyes is the one that we actually sign but it is looking increasingly unlikely. If Martinez does turn us down after going about things the right way I say we get **** ruthless and tap up DM big style.

Today is going to be shit.

Wigan were only out of the bottom 3 for 3 weeks of last season, terrific record

They survived, Premier League football next season and I don't think they expected more. Good job, mission accomplished at Wigan.

If it turns out Martinez "turns us down" I believe it will be because we havent even offered him the job as we will be 100% on getting a top name. Martinez is back up. Randy is no fool and RM would NOT turn down the job t stay at Wigan, We're Villa FFS, listen to yourselves saying he'd be loyal to wigan or we couldnt attract him. utter bollocks.

Agree ^^^. I think if Roberto has said he's interested then maybe we would have put him into consideration but this whole Whelan charade is to say look at us, our manager turned down Villa. Nice bloke an all but wants a bit of camera action at the JJB.

To be honest, i dont think RM is first choice with the board.

Hes an option, yes. But going off Whelans interview on TalkSport yesterday im thinking we fired off a load of letters to chairmen/agents 9 days ago and now were just in the process of seeing whos interested and who would be best choice.

Also, in Whelans interview yesterday he mentioned that if RM were to come to Villa, he would get a replacement in 'within a week'. A sly little dig at the Villa?? Along with the comments about us not being a big club, i actually think that he had a couple of thinly veiled swipes at Villa.

Either that or hes losing his marbles. Or both!

If it turns out Martinez "turns us down" I believe it will be because we havent even offered him the job as we will be 100% on getting a top name. Martinez is back up. Randy is no fool and RM would NOT turn down the job t stay at Wigan, We're Villa FFS, listen to yourselves saying he'd be loyal to wigan or we couldnt attract him. utter bollocks.

This.

I really dont get the instant negativity and excuse for having a go at the board.

As said if he stays at Wigan who are we to know we even offered him the job!

No, he turned us down we have failed etc etc!

Ridiculous.

Wigan were only out of the bottom 3 for 3 weeks of last season, terrific record

We were only just above the bottom 3 for most of the season.. With our superior squad, does that mean that Roberto Martinez is a really good manager and that Houllier, with all his cups and trophies, is terrible?

You can't just use a random stat like that to back up your argument. The league was closer than it has ever been this year. If Wigan had won 2 games in a row, they'd be up tp 14th. It proves nothing.

This.

I really dont get the instant negativity and excuse for having a go at the board.

As said if he stays at Wigan who are we to know we even offered him the job!

No, he turned us down we have failed etc etc!

Ridiculous.

And again This.

I asked "VillaMatt" whether Martinez had actually been offered the job as they were reporting he "wouldn't take" it and surprise surprise - no answer.

It's simple, outside of Randy, the leading candidate and probably Falconer no-one knows anything and that's the way it should be