• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we collectively remain in the dark on the new manager. No change there then. Mind you I now know a lot more about tracking private jets.

Corsica is an island owned by the French and full of Italians. It is to the North of Sicily and Sardinia and is said to be a good holiday destination.

Yes I believe the property is owned by Houllier and Lerner is meeting Deschamps for talks..Also recommended by Houllier..

I love Houllier :D

MM Is now posting on H&V. His last comment this morning was along the lines of he would be very surprised if it turned out to be Martinez. From what ive been reading all day, Im getting the feeling that the Martinez link has picked up more legs than many thought and its got a few people scratching there heads as he wasnt a guy on the cards originally.

MM Is now posting on H&V. His last comment this morning was along the lines of he would be very surprised if it turned out to be Martinez. From what ive been reading all day, Im getting the feeling that the Martinez link has picked up more legs than many thought and its got a few people scratching there heads as he wasnt a guy on the cards originally

Yes, how do we know he went to Corsica? Corsica is the favored holiday destinations for Italians.

I don't want to burst anyone's balloon but Corsica is a French Region and 87% of the population is French born. There are more French holidaymakers there than any other nationality and IIRC Gerard Houllier and Randy have had meetings there in the past.

I wouldn't read too much of an Italian connection if Randy indeed is headed to Corsica.Raymond Domenech however may be another kettle of fish.

To be perfectly honest I wouldn't read too much into anything that Randy does. He is so cloaked in silence and keeps his cards so close to his chest it will do your head in trying to second guess him.

As far as the Martinez interview is concerned I would be surprised if Martinez leaves Wigan at this stage. All I think we have done in that respect is increase the pay raise that Whelan will be paying Martinez for next season's work.

RIjkaard anyone ?

can someone catch me up been out since lunch? whats corisca and has martinez turned us down?

Corsica is a large rock off the coast of Italy, many top football managers have holiday homes there, so does Gerard Houllier

Despite the relative proximity to Italy, Corsica is actually a French rock. As such, I guess it's possible to confuse it with the output of Aston Villa.

It's a funny old game, Saint.

Whelan claimed in his Telegraph interview that:

They wrote to me asking for permission to speak to Roberto. He was on holiday at the time and I granted Villa permission. He arrived back yesterday and I presume he has spoken to Villa.

Now unless Randy has also flown Martinez out to Corsica (why not just interview him somewhere here?), then we are also looking at other candidates. Therefore Martinez is not a certainty. But who knows.

I will be thoroughly gutted if its Martinez

How on earth has this muppett got an interview ??

How on earth has this muppet worked out how to get a username for VT?

is he wrong? martinez is not good enough for aston villa football club

You're both wrong.

Just as you've been very wrong about so many players :winkold:

You're both wrong.

Just as you've been very wrong about so many players :winkold:

martinez does not have good enough credentials to be manager of this great club