• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

In this whole media circus, nothing has come from Villa, its all from the managers side; either agents, or chairmen. This is making us look like fools!

Whelan couldn't actually have been more complimentary about Villa and the way they'd handled matters if he'd tried at lunchtime live on SSN. Notice that bits been filtered out subsequently......

I don't think the club look foolish at all. I just think we're doing our homework, going about matters in a professional manner and coming to a considered decision.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a perfectly good gun slinger who is chomping at the bit to manage this great club. Think you all know who I'm talking about. He's the last man standing.

is it by any chance Schteve ?

Yes sir.

In this whole media circus, nothing has come from Villa, its all from the managers side; either agents, or chairmen. This is making us look like fools!

sorry, I don't follow.

How do other people being knobs make us look like fools? Hughes resigns as an accident of timing, the media jump to conclusions. How does that reflect on us? Some BBC 5Live reporter is in manlove with Steve McL and sulks live on air. How does that make us look like fools? Martinez was approached correctly, it hasn't panned out and Wigan are talking about it. Again, how else should we have played this?

Don't get dragged into the celebrity fixated fast food twitter twaddle crappiness of 24 hour infotainment news in a land where there's more media outlets than there are decent journalists so people talk bollix to fill the void.

I like to see Coyle come in and hopefully he bring Sturridge with him and Wellbeck too if Ash Young going the other way. He seem to work well with youngsters and hopefull will get the best out of Delph and Gardner next season as well.

I think him losing to Stoke a good thing, he a young manager still learning the game, I think Bolton and Wigan have a similar squad and Coyle is fair better.

We need more money to compete, Lerner is unwilling to provide or is just completely oblivious to the idea or he hasn't got it.

Believe me he has it. The likes of Wiki will only write what they know of personal wealth. The Leaner family is worth billions. Ok he cant spend like Mansoor (Man City) but he is up there with the richest owners all day long.

Its all about weather he wants to spend it, he can flex when he wants i.e. Darren Bent.

Yep, think the Lerners sold MBNA for $36 Billion

I like to see Coyle come in and hopefully he bring Sturridge with him and Wellbeck too if Ash Young going the other way. He seem to work well with youngsters and hopefull will get the best out of Delph and Gardner next season as well.

I think him losing to Stoke a good thing, he a young manager still learning the game, I think Bolton and Wigan have a similar squad and Coyle is fair better.

Agree with all of this, though to my surprise, not many others do.

1st time i've looked at proceedings today ............ how pleased i am about that! :lol::lol:

So looks like a different ball game now if the like of Martinez are turning us down in favour of remaining at the mighty Wigan.

I think the disrespectful treatment of Maclaren & others has kind of sent out a "KEEP WELL CLEAR" message around management circles. Lets not forget Houllier suffered the same barracking during his tenure & i think now the Villa managers job has become something of a poisoned chalice..

is it not clear to everybody that mark huges is a cert for this job ? the deal was done long time ago , all this week is a smoke screen, cant belive ppl here are falling for it ? hughes will be next manager !!!

is it not clear to everybody that mark huges is a cert for this job ? the deal was done long time ago , all this week is a smoke screen, cant belive ppl here are falling for it ? hughes will be next manager !!!

Was Dave whelan in on it then?

Interesting that Randy Lerner should jet off to Madrid/Corsica...I'm just thinking back to this last night

Villa_Insider tweeted

David Moyes. Claudio Ranieri. Not necessarily in that order.

Hmmm

Yea but i could easily create a twitter account and give it a nsazzy name and just start pretending to be in the know, twitters full of bsing idiots who browse various other websites for stuff to post.