fifa 12

fifa09don

Yup. You can either play or simulate any match, and if you sim you get a scrolling text of events (cards, injuries, goals etc.) during the game as well as score updates from other games that day. I like to sim most of the time so I can burn my way through a season in an evening, and as I don't have a good enough PC to run FM proper then FIFA's career mode is ideal.

Im in the same boat mate, love FM but need to upgrade the PC to run it properly.

I might just invest in this in the end.

How indepth are the contract/transfer negotiations Gaz?

It's not an FM replacement really, it's nowhere near as in depth, it's not so different from 2011's manager mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@harrywrose1: You can't use legacy defending online.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im in the same boat mate, love FM but need to upgrade the PC to run it properly.

I might just invest in this in the end.

How indepth are the contract/transfer negotiations Gaz?

Fairly in-depth without going OTT. Transfer bids are broken down into two stages...

1: Agreeing a fee with the club

What it says on the tin. If a player is transfer-listed (or simply not in the selling club's plans) you might be able to agree a fee at the player's market value or less. If the player is an important player for the club (or a youth prospect they rate highly) you will have to offer more to secure a deal. Clubs may also be unwilling to part with players in positions they lack cover for, so again you'll have to make the offer worth their while.

Once you have submitted an offer, you have to wait for a response (this could take a day if you've made a great/poor offer, or a week if the selling club have to mull it over). Your response from the club will either be an acceptance of the offer, or a rebuttal (often with a given reason as to why your offer was rejected). In the event of a rejection, you can re-submit an offer (be aware that repeated offers that fall far below the selling club's requirements will eventually be rejected for good, and you will not be able to submit a fresh bid until next season).

Once you have the club's consent to sell you enter the next phase of negotiations...

2: Agreeing a contract with the player

Here you agree wages, contract length (1-5 years) and any performance-related bonuses (5%, 10%, 15% or 20% of wages in scoring bonuses for strikers/midfielders and in clean sheet bonuses for defenders/goalkeepers).

As before, if your offer is rejected you are given a reason why by the player's agent. This can range from wage demands to the player being committed to their current club, the player not believing they will be used as a starter or simply viewing the move as a step down. You can then re-submit an improved offer to try and tempt them, but (as with the transfer fee) repeated contract offers that fall below the player's expectations will result in solid rejection and you will have to wait until next season to try again.

You can offer as much as your budget permits in wages, so you'll have to decide for yourself at what point a potential target's demands become exorbitant. Be aware that other clubs can also negotiate with any of your transfer targets, regardless of how advanced your talks are with them.

Once you have agreed a wage with the player, he'll arrive the next day.

You can also submit loan bids for players (you can do this for any player in the game, as opposed to being restricted to players placed on the "available-for-loan" list like in previous iterations of the game) and sign free agents. With both of these, unlike standard transfer negotiations you will be taken straight to the wage negotiation screen. Once you have met the player's demands you will secure them.

A new feature this year is the ability to insert a first-option-to-buy clause in a loan contract, whereby you submit a proposed future fee alongside the wage offer. If you are successful, when the season ends you will be given the option to pay the proposed amount and sign the player on a permanent basis. Note that some clubs may refuse such offers, as they may want to retain their player and simply loan him out for experience. As with transfer bids, you can tender an improved offer if you are knocked back.

As for existing player contracts, you can submit offers of contract renewals anytime during a season (if your offer is rejected by the player, you will need to wait a day or so to re-submit an improved contract). If they are any player contracts due to expire at the end a season, you are notified by your assistant. You then have about 3-4 weeks to negotiate contract renewals with these players. This is where player morale will be a big factor, as an unhappy player will be unlikely to renew their contract for anthing less than big money.

Any player whose contract you fail to renew will leave the club, and will appear as a free agent at the start of the next season. However, you can still submit a bid for your former player in that next season, you are not excluded from negotiating with him simply because it was your club that he left but you will have to fend off interest from other clubs.

Throughout the season you can transfer-list players, make them available for either a "short" (month) or "long" (season) loan or release them from their contract completely (this will incur a small fee). You can also recall any players that you have out on loan, but this will also incur a fee. Another new feature in FIFA 12 is that you can receive transfer bids for any player, not just those you have transfer-listed. You can reject any offer you deem unsuitable, but some clubs may be determined to secure your player and persist with improved offers. Demand too much though, and the buying club will pull out.

Once you have accepted a transfer offer, your player will have to agree terms with the buying club. You cannot influence this part of the transfer at all, so will just have to hope that the two parties can agree terms (see my earlier post lamenting Petrov's dedication to Villa! :|).

One final note, if you have players on your squad that are continually asking for game-time and start to become unhappy at their lack of chances, they may throw in a transfer request and demand to be sold in the next window. I haven't had this happen to me yet, but I've heard instances where if you continually refuse to transfer-list the offending player, he will go above your head to the chairman who will (Saint Martin look away now...) sell the player outside of your control.

Where have Everton got the money from?
No idea, but I did see a news-flash on my career console that Stoke got bought out by a wealthy tycoon, and come January they went on a spending binge! :shock:

It's not an FM replacement really, it's nowhere near as in depth
Yeah, but...
it's not so different from 2011's manager mode.
...it most certainly is. Between the press interaction, scouting, the youth academy, form, morale and player growth, Career mode really is a much more comprehensive experience.

The only problem I have with the game is from a tactical point of view (computer wise), every time plays pretty high line and full backs are too wide which means in reality, they should get raped in behind every time but doesn't happen.

I play a counter attacking style which is good for the game and I think most realistic. If you are Barca, you get teams just sort of pressing highish and leaving themselves like 3 on 3 at back, 1 on 1 vs Messi all the time etc...

that's it.

Something really strange happened in game last night. Was playing Villa vs Fulham in the league cup Fellaini (now a Fulham player) gets the ball outside the box curls it around Guzan. Not only the first goal I've seen the Computer score from outside the box but the first shot I've ever seen them take from more than 12 yards out!

Think I have the tactical defending nailed for me the key has being avoidance of either the standing or sliding tackle button, simply running the ball off your opponent does the trick nicely. It's all about the timing and anticipating where they are headed.

Also little bit of comedy in that Fulham game I started Heskey about five minutes in and probably only the second touch he has of the ball commentator says something along the lines of "He shouldn't be on the pitch never mind on the ball". Bit harsh I thought but I could see where he's coming from, then realised Heskey had managed to injure himself. How's that for an accurate simulation.

:lol:

Just sold Ireland and Gabby for a combined 32m. Was difficult letting gabby go but it was just too much money to let pass. I don't know who to sign now though.

The following suggestions assume you're playing the same formation as me; 4-5-1 with one striker in front of a CAM and two CM's (sat in the CDM position but edited to CM role in the formations menu) with an RM and LM out wide...

Either Jan Morávek (always on the cheap/transfer listed by Schalke) or Ross Barkley (gettable for around £4m from Everton) as your CAM for the future and Kevin Nolan as your direct (and cheap) replacement for Ireland.

Then, rather than sink money into a Gabby replacement, simply bump Delfouneso up to the sub's bench. The rate he develops at (and the shite rating that EA gave Gabby) means he surpasses Gabby soon enough anyway. Keep Weimann around as your reserve striker for emergencies, but during spells when you don't need him do make sure you loan him out so he can develop.

This should leave you with a sizeable chunk of the Ireland/Gabby fee still left, which should just be enough to get you the following (if not, try reducing the wage bill on the Budget Allocation screen as it can bump up the transfer budget by quite a sizeable amount and can be done an unlimited amount of times as opposed to only 3 per season in FIFA 11). In order of priority:

•Either Asmir Begovic from Stoke or Samir Handanovic from Udinese as Given's replacement (Given starts declining really fast, so you will need to replace him ASAP :().

•Sigamary Diarra from Lorient as your starting LM (bargain for a player of his ability).

•Emilio Izaguirre from Celtic as a direct replacement for Warnock (out-grows Warnock quickly and is an absolute monster down the flank).

•John Brayford from Derby as future RB (you can sell Lichaj to help fund the move).

•Mathias "Zanka" Jørgensen from F.C. København as future CB (you can sell Cuéllar to help fund the move, as you won't need him after this).

If you've any money left after that, I'd suggest getting a promising future LM, someone like Steve Zakuani from Seattle Sounders maybe.

Thanks I needed some help buying my replacements.

Here is my starting XI

------------------Given-------------------

--Hutton---Dunne----Clarke---Kadlec--

------------------Makoun-----------------

------------Ireland------Holden-----------

--N'Zogbia--------------------Dempsey--

------------------Bent----------------------

I am currently in 6th but 1st-5th has a 10 point gap between me and them. I just got eliminated from the semifinal of the league cup by **** stoke who somehow signed Anelka, Chicharito, and Burdiso.

Kadlec
That's a really good shout actually, Kadlec is another one who's a bit of a bargain.
**** stoke who somehow signed Anelka, Chicharito, and Burdiso.
Hehe, maybe they got taken over by a wealthy tycoon in your game too. :lol:
Clarke
Damn it man! Obligatory:

ClarkNotClarke.jpg

It's all about the timing and anticipating where they are headed.
I've given up trying to anticipate where they're gonna go as they almost always go the opposite of where I'm going. It's like the computer reacts to what buttons you press and changes the direction of the player every time so that he just goes straight past you.

I don't think it has been mentioned on here but career mode is (shock horror) at bit broken. Around 4 years into the game most AI players have developed at ridiculous rates (most physical stats become 99) and any youth players you sign you will not be able to renew their contracts beyond the first professional one you offer. Oh and there have been some reports of free agents just disappearing (happened to me).

I've stopped playing for now in the hope a patch is released.

It's all about the timing and anticipating where they are headed.
I've given up trying to anticipate where they're gonna go as they almost always go the opposite of where I'm going. It's like the computer reacts to what buttons you press and changes the direction of the player every time so that he just goes straight past you.

I had that problem at first, I know it may sound absurd but try going the opposite way to the way you were going to go :) Also it helps if you aren't going full on into a 1v1 try running into them at an angle from the side (providing you have the pace).

Just started and spunked 12 million on Milner.

You've been Dunne! Man City would have accepted 10.5M. The only player I splunked cash on rest of the dough went straight into the youth scouting network. Apparently if you scout Turkey for players there's a chance due to the way the system assigns names that you could land a player called: this! Not to be confused with the established player I mentioned a couple of pages back. At this rate you could build a team of Kunts.

I had that problem at first, I know it may sound absurd but try going the opposite way to the way you were going to go :) Also it helps if you aren't going full on into a 1v1 try running into them at an angle from the side (providing you have the pace).
So in other words, expect the unexpected?

I started my career all over again just now as I was getting fed up of going 1-0 up and then having the computer score straight away (via Messi-like dribbles) followed by a late late header from crosses which you just can't defend. Of course, the opposition players manage to get into these crossing positions through yet more Messi-like dribbles.

Â