Italian Football

Troglodyte

Its almost as if Juve were never punished. They got demoted but because they kept all those players they went up straight away

but they got demoted so got punished. Players werent forced to stay and i think some took a paycut as well

Looks like it's gonna be another murky summer for Italian football.

New match fixing scandal looks like it could be huge. Twice as many people involved than Calciopoli apparently

I dont get how a league as openly corrupt as the Italian league can be so popular. The whole Juventus 28/30 thing is disgusting and even Serie B are into match fixing now. CMdRR.gif

Pirlo seemingly doing everything he can to ruin his reputation in Milan by running his mouth. Disrespecting the club, former coaches and former team mates. Maybe he needs to remember that without Milan, he'd be a waster on the Inter bench. Not a European and World Champion.

Rev, you say 'even' Serie 'B'. From what I gather, most of Italy's football problems originate in Serie 'B'. Most notably the violence. They have their own equivalent's to Millwall that no-one ever wants to see up.

That's the impression I got too. Certainly with this recent scandal.

It seems to be more "It MAY have spread to Serie A from Serie B" rather than the other way round.

Absolute Legends of the game, I make that Van Bommel, Gattuso, Seedorf, Nesta and Inzaghi going. Think Zambrotta is too.

While their powers have been weakening for some time, the experience is unreal. How many international caps between that lot?

The great man is leaving after a decade in Milan. :(

I'm surprised Nesta of all people is going, he's the best of the lot and still a very good player. Shame.

Gattuso, Nesta & Seedorf all leaving Milan.. :cry:

It's like a legend firesale..

Can't believe Ambrosini outlasted them all :lol:

New era begins this summer.

Ambrosini has been the best of that midfield for the past 4 years or so, I think he's earnt and deserves to stay there. Gattuso's game doesn't age well, he's all about running and energy, now that's slowing down he can't cut it.

As for Seedorf, he hand picks the game he chooses to perform in, he has done throughout his career and it's not good enough. Had an awful year too.

Unfortunately I don't think they will look at it as needing new midfielders. Strasser and Merkel will play a bigger role this season. Traore has been signed from Nancy, Montolivo from Fiorentina. Flamini has apparently signed a new deal (or is close to signing). Then you still have Ambrosini, Nocerino, Boateng and Emmanuelson.

Would be a mistake not too sign him becauses there's too much muscle and not enough creativity in thatm idfield, but Milan are becoming very cheap. I wouldn't even shocked to see Muntari back next season either.

Merkel was meant to be part of a part exchange deal to sign some other kid.. not sure if that's true, but Milansta's were going nuts about it (in a bad way).

Not sure about Strasser.. He's played well in a few games and poorly in a few, probably not good enough for 1st team yet.

Monte is a great signing, is an important italian international, can play in the DM or CAM roles and is a good player, natural replacement for Pirlo.

Aquilani hasn't been great, but he has played in spits and spats because he's **** injured all the while.. but for 6m you can't not have him..

Shame De Rossi would never leave Roma, he's the kind of player they need.

Also, get Hernandes from Lazio, Hamesik from Napoli and then you'll start having a decent midfield.

Â