Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

Why there isnt a "things that make you happy" thread to counter all the moaning that goes on in the "things that piss you off" thread. Like why wouldnt you want a thread to  see what makes other people happy, trying that stuff out for yourselves might make you happier too :o Every forum always has this "things that piss you off" but never one about being happy

Seeing as you're a relatively new poster who doesn't appear to have posted in said thread, I'll assume you are being serious :)There is a thread for what cheers us up, although naturally it's less than 1/3rd the size of the moaning one, and the moaning one has had a few predecessors of equal size that were locked in the past :thumb:

• Like 1

Should I quit my job and try and become a pro gambler?

I know a couple of people who tried this without success.

Really, I'd love to give it a go but far too much of a pussy, I'm up about 15k that last 18 months but feel like it could be so much more if I'd the time.

Really, I'd love to give it a go but far too much of a pussy, I'm up about 15k that last 18 months but feel like it could be so much more if I'd the time.

I wouldn't bet on it. ;)

• Like 1

Then it sounds as if you have a very profitable hobby. Why stake your entire life upon it? Be happy with what you have.

Then it sounds as if you have a very profitable hobby. Why stake your entire life upon it? Be happy with what you have.

Would be nice not to get up at 7:30 every morning DDID.

Here's a thought for you though - £15k in 18 months is less than minimum wage. Think how much your have to push for bets you wouldn't normally take to earn a living wage. You could be eating crappy pizza and drinking out of coke cans with your pals for all eternity.

It's certainly bold though.

Lie in! :)

Sorry dude, I feel like I'm acting as an unwanted and unnecessary life coach to you at the minute!

(That'll be £462 plus VAT so far. Cheers)

Passed my tax exams in the week, so the place of supply for the advice is Ireland so if I can get my hands on an irish vat number you will be zero rating that invoice  :P

No hassle advice always welcome.

Sorry dude, I feel like I'm acting as an unwanted and unnecessary life coach to you at the minute!

Passed my tax exams in the week, so the place of supply for the advice is Ireland so if I can get my hands on an irish vat number you will be zero rating that invoice :P

Goods were UK supplied, so pay your VAT then sort it out with the Irish government ;)

i play poker as my job (Although i only graduated last year)....

Totally depends what type of "pro gambler" you going to become? Not going to lie..the fact you called it "pro gambler" and not the field you want to go into, doesnt fill me with confidence that its such a good idea :P

+ way in the gap on your cv. (im going to be fkd, no work experience and i cant put poker on CV)

+ you will need life saving to account for variance

+ do you rent a place? youre very likely going to have to pay up like 6months upfront if youre job is "gambling"

Have you done any analysis on your winrate/sample size to determine if youre running redic hot?

Not paying tax is a good thing though :D

Edited by gharperr

i play poker as my job (Although i only graduated last year)....

Totally depends what type of "pro gambler" you going to become? Not going to lie..the fact you called it "pro gambler" and not the field you want to go into, doesnt fill me with confidence that its such a good idea :P

+ way in the gap on your cv. (im going to be fkd, no work experience and i cant put poker on CV)

+ you will need life saving to account for variance

+ do you rent a place? youre very likely going to have to pay up like 6months upfront if youre job is "gambling"

Have you done any analysis on your betting/sample size to determine if youre running redic hot?

Not paying tax is a good thing though :D

It's the horsies I like and them only. I was only putting it in the thread as it is something I often wonder and work is extremely slow this week. As for my results they improve with the quality of the racing, but I only like jumps racing, the big festivals, I've cleared about 11k from the last 2 Cheltenhams roughly, not betting huge money either, I'm a treble man. Road to Riches actually left me down for 26.5k in the gold cup off a tenner. 

• Like 1

Passed my tax exams in the week, so the place of supply for the advice is Ireland so if I can get my hands on an irish vat number you will be zero rating that invoice :P

Goods were UK supplied, so pay your VAT then sort it out with the Irish government ;)

Supply of (poor  :P ) services. Read up on your VAT law. 

Another thing I often wonder is how long could you go without food before it'd just be horrible.

Would be nice not to get up at 7:30 every morning DDID.

How much would you want to make in order to give up work? Perhaps a compromise and work part time and gamble more? I'd still want the security of a regular income in the back of my mind

If you do it full time, you might want to look at flat racing in the jumps off season. Plus I would imagine flat is easier to bet on as there are less variables to go wrong and the best horses usually win. Saying that, I'm guessing the reward would be lower. 

Edited by Xela

Nearest I ever got to it was with a work colleague, total asshole. My other workmates could read my mind - they said that if I decked him they'd all swear that he'd walked into a door. Even my wife said that if I did it and got sacked, she wouldn't blame me. Somehow, that thought that I COULD do it helped me not to, if that makes any sense. He left not too long after, anyway.

The asshle I was talking about was a work colleague as well.

He was fired yesterday.

• Like 2

When I have a huge gastric clear out **** that must weigh in with some mighty faecal heft, why do I weigh the same as before?

If I chopped my leg off I'd weigh less so why doesn't moving some cack on its way do the same?

Nearest I ever got to it was with a work colleague, total asshole. My other workmates could read my mind - they said that if I decked him they'd all swear that he'd walked into a door. Even my wife said that if I did it and got sacked, she wouldn't blame me. Somehow, that thought that I COULD do it helped me not to, if that makes any sense. He left not too long after, anyway.

The asshle I was talking about was a work colleague as well.

He was fired yesterday.

See? Told ya. [emoji106]
  • Like 1

Â