Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

I think the reason Rafa rejected At. Madrid was because, firstly hes Real Madrid born and bred and theres the massive rivalry there and secondly, they're selling all there best players by the looks of things. Forlan looks to be off, Aguero and De Gea aswell.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we totally discounting hughes on a sky sports understands ? Or is there a club statement - still think hughes is most probable maybe randy doesn't want to be seen as poaching - please not rafa or mclaren

I think i need to give this thread a rest for a bit.. i dozed off & just woke up having dreamt of that mountain which has got all the american presidents faces on it..you know the one... well it had Houllier, Ancelotti & McClarens faces on it .. Then i woke up & i can't get the image out of my head now.. Really annoying

Sky Sports 'Understands'. They 'Understand' alot of things. Doesn't mean its true. Hughes isn't out of the race just yet imo

Very true.

Its funny because sometimes SSN understands one thing and Sky Sports understands another thing!

They just like to think they are on top of everything.

Are we totally discounting hughes on a sky sports understands ? Or is there a club statement - still think hughes is most probable maybe randy doesn't want to be seen as poaching - please not rafa or mclaren

This is what I dont get, Sky sprts are saying that sky sources have heard and then they suddenly change that into avfc say that hes not in the running, talk about twisting words..

I think we should be looking at Mat Kendrick because avfc seem to tip him off first, if hes got nothing to say about it, then I wont believe it tbh

I think the reason Rafa rejected At. Madrid was because, firstly hes Real Madrid born and bred and theres the massive rivalry there and secondly, they're selling all there best players by the looks of things. Forlan looks to be off, Aguero and De Gea aswell.

Its been said he doesn't want to move his family from Liverpool and wants job in England that he can commute to, which is why he was very close to taking the Blackburn job before the chicken people decided to stick with Kean.

Hard to believe Sky Sports really.

Seen as they have links to sky bet all over their website it only makes sense to discount the red hot favourite hughes so we'll all run and throw our hard earned money on the second favourite Ancelotti. Only for them to tell us later that in fact they understood wrong and Mark Hughes has already signed a contract with Villa.

This is what I dont get, Sky sprts are saying that sky sources have heard and then they suddenly change that into avfc say that hes not in the running, talk about twisting words..

I think we should be looking at Mat Kendrick because avfc seem to tip him off first, if hes got nothing to say about it, then I wont believe it tbh

Totally agree. I have faith in Kendrick. Skysports are so contradicting it is unreal.

Kendrick has been quiet since this afternoon.

SSN have just said Fulham have released a statement saying nobody can approach Hughes until his contract has officially expired at the end of June. I doubt we will want to wait that long.

I have it on very good authority from a major source within the Senior management at AVFC that Moustapha Salifou is closing in becoming the new Aston Villa first team coach with Isaiah Osbourne becoming Assistant Manager and John Carew to take over as fitness coach. My source informs me that this only been made possible due to a scheme through the job centre which helps unemployed people find work and thus a major part of their salaries will be paid through the job centre.

Edit: When questioned Moustapha Salifou declined to comment on the news.