Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

I'd piss myself if Hughes said no and we took on McClaren, I bet some of you would shit bricks & wish MH would have been appointed.

Hughes is more than capable to do the job, done very well with really poor sides.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has anyone else noticed the similarity between little resigning from leicester, denying interest in managing villa, then signing for us the next day?

If we got Hughes and he took three years to finish 9th, 7th and 5th respectively and then had a team that could squeeze into the top 4, would you be happy?

i'd kick my granny in the leg for that.

the only problem being after the first season, we'd have no faith he could do better, and the fans would turn on him.

Some of the posts in here are embarassing to say the least.

1) Hughes isn't a certainty yet.

2) Ancelotti might not want to come here.

3) Hughes playsattractive football and has been appreciated at every club he's been at apart from City.

4) Hughes doesn't mean mid table mediocrity.

5) Why has the vibe changed just because Ancelotti was linked. Amazing how people can have their emotions swayed by the media.

Could not agree more.

I just hope that Randy appoints a manager by tomorrow and stops all our stresses over who is next.

Mr Lerner if you reading this PULL YOUR FINGER OUT.

what the hell??

we've only had a manager vacancy for about 24 hours.

it takes time to employ people, especially such important positions paying £2-3mill a year.

heck, it takes me over a week to employ an admin bod on £15k.

I believe everyone knew Houlier would not return after his heart scare and the ball has been rolling since May, we need a manager fast if we intend on keeping Downing and a few other players who have a massive itch.

I'd be happy with either Hughes or Moyes, obviously i'd cream over Ancelotti but i don't think that's a remotely realistic appointment.

Obviously Ancelotti would be the dream appointment but in all reality what do we have to offer him? He would have no superstars to work with, no European competition for at least a season (probably more), nowhere near enough money to compete with the top sides, nowhere near enough money to buy the top players that a manager of his quality would want etc. etc.

I'm not sure we could afford Ancelotti, either his wages or the money he'd want to sign top players.

Hughes is a decent manager and about the level we're currently at, he's done well everywhere he's been and could yet go on to be a very good manager. Moyes has done well at Everton given the finances available and i'd be interested to see what he can do with a bigger budget.

Can't see any of that lot getting us to play pretty football though!

Has Hughes just taken a ridiculously big gamble?

I dont think he's nailed on for it, but you wouldn't leave a job as nice as the Fulhum one unless you were reasonably confident of walking into a better one.

I'd piss myself if Hughes said no and we took on McClaren, I bet some of you would shit bricks & wish MH would have been appointed.

Hughes is more than capable to do the job, done very well with really poor sides.

i'd laugh & cry at the same time.

Hughes will get us 6th next year, and 5th the year after that.

a solid appointment with potential to do really well.

Has Hughes just taken a ridiculously big gamble?

I dont think he's nailed on for it, but you wouldn't leave a job as nice as the Fulhum one unless you were reasonably confident of walking into a better one.

This is what makes me think that a deal must be on the table.

I would be quite happy with Hughes though in all honesty. Shame if we don't get Moyes or Ancelotti, yet I feel Hughes could do a good job.

would be delighted with Hughes. Whilst Ancelotti may be a big appointment and a statement of intent i'm not convinced it would work out. Hughes did well on limited funds at Blackburn, was well liked at Man City and should do well here with a decent budget and the not so mad cap approach at City.

I wouldn't be happy with Mclaren - although I will support him if he is chosen. Same as anyone really.

Apart from Robertino Martinez - If he was appointed I would first laugh then I would cry.

Ancelotti

Rijkaard

Hughes

Moyes

Benitez

Sir Alex Ferguson