Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

Why, is GMAC still there?

I assume so, as he hasn't been mentioned in any of the official statements.

Makes sense to keep someone in charge of footballing thinks while we're in between managers and I guess his future will be assessed once a new manager is installed.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why, is GMAC still there?

I assume so, as he hasn't been mentioned in any of the official statements.

Makes sense to keep someone in charge of footballing thinks while we're in between managers and I guess his future will be assessed once a new manager is installed.

Sorry, misplaced comma.

Should actually read,

"Why is GMAC still there!?!"

If we get Ancelotti & Wilkins we will be in the Champions League within 2 years

Its utter nonsense like this that gives Villa fans the fickle reputation we have.

Has he previously stated that under them we would be relegated then?

If we get Ancelotti & Wilkins we will be in the Champions League within 2 years

Its utter nonsense like this that gives Villa fans the fickle reputation we have.

How is it nonsense, if it's nonsense then they won't come here, simple as.

If Ancelotti comes here then Ash and Downing will sign new contracts before the inks dried on Carlo's.

I can see Downing staying possibly but Ash is a Man Utd player already imo.

I don't really understand the overexcitement with Ancelotti. He's only ever worked at clubs where being champions was the expected return and was financially backed to that aim. Whilst he'll get some money if he comes to Villa, it won't be of the same level as at Milan and Chelsea and he would have to attract players without having the allure of CL football. Who knows how he would fare at Villa? I would much prefer Hughes. He seems like a man of integrity and whilst he hasn't achieved major success yet he can reflect on his managerial CV with some pride. He gives the impression of being driven, single-minded and still with something to prove. I just think he seems like the perfect fit for both parties. I'd be surprised if Randy didn't see it that way too.

I voted Hughes, though the thought of Ancelotti is quite exciting, I have to admit. I still think Young will leave regardless of if Ancelotti joins us. His joining is not a guarantee of success, and if Man U are in for him I'd expect him to go there.

Just seen this on BBC sports News website

Aston Villa contact Premier League rivals Fulham to assure them that they have not been in contact with Cottagers boss Mark Hughes despite speculation linking him with their managerial position.

So what do we read into that :bonk: :suspect: