Which areas are Villa? Which areas are Blues?

TRS-T

Just wondering which areas in Birmingham are predominantly made up of Blues-supporting inhabitants, and which areas in Birmingham are predominantly made up of Villa supporting-inhabitants.

Because according to another forum, a Blues fan posted the following:

"This is my theory.

Villa fans are quite disperate and sporadically spread out throughout the City. So there's a few fair that come from majority Blues areas, like Solihull and S.E Birmingham. The Villa fans from there have massive chips on their shoudler because they were probably bullied at school, or mocked in the workplace.

That's why they're so desperate to win.

The rest of them come from Staffordshire and places outside the City. So in their sheer desperation to pretend to be Brummies, and try to embrace Brummie culture, they go overboard with hating the Blues. It's like my Brummie mate who supports United, has never been to a game, but loathes Man City. It's just an artificial thing to try and make him more of a United fan. "

Would you say that North Birmingham is Villa and that South Birmingham is divided?

And is there a class divide?

Villa fans being middle class Brummies, Blues fans being working class Brummies?

And are Blues the real Brummie club? (Like Man City say they are real Mancunians) with Villa being a more general Midlands club?

Map of Brum - http://www.birminghameconomy.org.uk/wards.htm

"This is my theory.

Villa fans are quite disperate and sporadically spread out throughout the City. So there's a few fair that come from majority Blues areas, like Solihull and S.E Birmingham. The Villa fans from there have massive chips on their shoudler because they were probably bullied at school, or mocked in the workplace.

The rest of them come from Staffordshire and places outside the City. So in their sheer desperation to pretend to be Brummies, and try to embrace Brummie culture, they go overboard with hating the Blues.

And are Blues the real Brummie club? (Like Man City say they are real Mancunians) with Villa being a more general Midlands club?

I'm sorry but those aren't the words of a Villa fan. They're the words of a scab posing as a Villa fan for whatever reason.

:crylaugh: i love it when they delude themselves that they are the 'real' birmingham club. we probably outnumber them 10:1 in terms of fans in the city. in terms of overall support we probably outnumber them 100:1.

"This is my theory.

The rest of them come from Staffordshire and places outside the City. So in their sheer desperation to pretend to be Brummies, and try to embrace Brummie culture, they go overboard with hating the Blues.

I'm sorry but those aren't the words of a Villa fan. They're the words of a scab posing as a Villa fan for whatever reason.

The reason Man City say they're the real team of Manchester is because most of Man Utd's fans are from Surrey, not the general area around the city.

Aint this been done on here before?

Yeah I can remember starting a thread on this about a year ago.

There's a lot of myths about Villa being the middle class club. It's generally inaccurate. For example, an independent study found BCFC fans attending matches were on average on higher salaries than those going Villa Park. Though admittedly, that can also distort things as higher ticket prices at the sty would exclude poorer fans from attending.

One thing we can say which is generally accurate is that:

North Birmingham = Villa

South Birmingham = Blues

Though with Villa being the bigger club, the picture is not so obvious in South Birmingham! UTV, SOTC

I lived in Great Barr for the first 30 yrs of my life, virtually no noses around, occassional baggies fan.

Live in Hall Green, decent mix of both.

Have taught in

Stechford - some Villa, slightly more blues

Erdington - All villa

Shard End - more blues than villa

Moseley - fairly even.

Please change the thread title, OP.

It should read "Which Areas Are Villa? Which Areas Are Dirtyunwashedchildmolestingkiddyfiddlingknuckledraggingscum?"

Â