Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't think we had a bad first half, apart from one long range effort, Friedel hasn't be tested. NRC and Petrov seem to be doing okay, considering they have a 5 man midfield they are up against. The combination on the left isn't as good as on the right, the Young's need to improve, but we could have had more then a couple, if the final ball or finishes had been better.

Is he on the pitch? I've barely noticed him then.. very unlike him.

I hadn't noticed he was on until he took that freekick, maybe he's being played on the wing?

NRC has not been great. Neither has Petrov. They have surrendered possession and showed a lack of urgency at times. We really lack any penetration through the middle of the pitch as those 2 tend to sit deep to cover.

That said, they haven't been completely awful either, especially when we don't have the ball.

NRC has got to be the worst CM I've seen play for the Villa in possession of the ball. His choice of pass is poor, and even if it reaches the intended plyer it is usually behind them or poorly paced.

WTF are you talking about NRC is the best player on the pitch. He's been everywhere. Everyone has been guilty of misplaced passes. Petrov has made one great pass and the rest have been hospital passes.

NRC played great fast ball from outside our box that put us on a good counter. Do you just hate NRC?

Don't hate him, just think he is a limited player. His battliing qualities are great in some games but in possession of the ball he is poor.

NRC looks a bit leggy and off the pace, like he can normally use a burst of pace to get himself some space for a pass, but WBA are down his throat whenever he gets the ball and by the time he's made a little space he's only got a last ditch backwards/sideways pass to make

Is Makoun injured/out of favour/wha? Wouldn't mind seeing Delph but think Reo's stodgy defensive qualities probably still important at this stage given how up for it WBA look

Gabby's looking good

Is he on the pitch? I've barely noticed him then.. very unlike him.

I hadn't noticed he was on until he took that freekick, maybe he's being played on the wing?

Maybe.. I didn't even notice him when he took the freekick.. he will no doubt make an impact 2nd half after Roy has pumped them up a bit.