Ethan Moore used to have a pro contract :-(

dudevillaisnice

So Herd.. right back... hattrick.... poor, no future.

Stirling... striker... 5 goals... poorer opposition..the best thing since Ethan Moore?

I don't get it.

as i said i don't care about herd, he has no future here, you clearly haven't seen sterling play, he's amazing

but you didnt answer his point. Why will Herd not make it and Sterling will when you siad he will make it as he got 5 goals in youth cup game.

Granted youth games mean zilch or Bojan or Javier Portillo be best players in the world now

ffs herd is 22 and is nowhere near being a first team regular, sterling is still at school and has been in the first team squad

How old were Ian Wright, and more importantly Ian Taylor when they broke through? How many of Manure's youth team have broken into the main team/squad with regularity at less than 23 years old?

Admittedly, there is a significant difference now in the ability and determination to capture the players at a younger age but it's not too old at 22 to make it - which is why I don't think Ethan Moore has what it takes.

Arsenal paid Notts County £2m for a 15 year old Jermaine Pennant. Ethan Moore has only just signed a contract. Jermaine Pennant is certainly no world-beating, once in a lifetime player. Notice a trend to the posts here, SGC?

So Herd.. right back... hattrick.... poor, no future.

Stirling... striker... 5 goals... poorer opposition..the best thing since Ethan Moore?

I don't get it.

as i said i don't care about herd, he has no future here, you clearly haven't seen sterling play, he's amazing

but you didnt answer his point. Why will Herd not make it and Sterling will when you siad he will make it as he got 5 goals in youth cup game.

Granted youth games mean zilch or Bojan or Javier Portillo be best players in the world now

ffs herd is 22 and is nowhere near being a first team regular, sterling is still at school and has been in the first team squad

How old were Ian Wright, and more importantly Ian Taylor when they broke through? How many of Manure's youth team have broken into the main team/squad with regularity at less than 23 years old?

Admittedly, there is a significant difference now in the ability and determination to capture the players at a younger age but it's not too old at 22 to make it - which is why I don't think Ethan Moore has what it takes.

Arsenal paid Notts County £2m for a 15 year old Jermaine Pennant. Ethan Moore has only just signed a contract. Jermaine Pennant is certainly no world-beating, once in a lifetime player. Notice a trend to the posts here, SGC?

I guess what I'm saying is you want to be signing up the best players as early as possible with a view to maturing them and bringing them into the team in their early 20s.

If Ethan Moore was that good, he would be in this position with a bigger club than Cheltenham.

Are we still talking about the same Ethan Moore that you told me was a black lad?

This was before i'd seen the genius play, he should never have been allowed to leave because we'll lose out in the long term

:crylaugh:

• 6 months later...

You know Ethan Moore got that pro contract....well guess what...

Defender Kyle Haynes and striker Ethan Moore have been released from their contracts at Cheltenham Town.

Moore, 18, signed his first professional deal in May but has yet to make an appearance for the senior team.

So the once in a generation star lasted 6 months and made no first team appearances. :D

You know Ethan Moore got that pro contract....well guess what...

Defender Kyle Haynes and striker Ethan Moore have been released from their contracts at Cheltenham Town.

Moore, 18, signed his first professional deal in May but has yet to make an appearance for the senior team.

So the once in a generation star lasted 6 months and made no first team appearances. :D

Aww Kyle Haynes :( played with him for a good 7 years.

Ethan Moore released though? Must be with the agreement that he's clearly too good for them.