dudevillaisnice

my facts are fine...

rodwell is a centre back and will be put back there in a few years when he has matured... whether he is a crap centre back or not, is irrelivent... he is a centre back who could have played there instead of a right back, moving a midfielder to right back and another right back to left back for his debut...

speaking of coleman, it certainly was a genius idea putting him out of position against a top european side in a 5-0 hammering for his debut, wasnt it?

you mentioned the players playing out of position sweetheart... i merely offered an alternative viewpoint...

Seriously, don't **** patronise me by calling me sweetheart, its pathetic.

No, Rodwells has only been mentioned as a CB merely for the fact he used to play there when he was a kid. He is a midfielder, ask him yourself, he will tell you he is a midfielder, even said it in an interview the other day.

We had to put a team out, Hibbert to CB was the most obvious option as he played there in the last game and was our next most experienced defender. Then the only REAL choices we had for full back positions were Coleman and Gosling, hence put the more natural defender (Coleman) over to the other side as a less natural defender would struggle on the opposite side of the pitch than their most natural foot to kick with.

Oh, and I was sayin bout your "using injuries for an excuse" which neither Moyes nor I have! The only thing I have said is that we had 11 out and I would of fancied us with a full team out, not blaming the result on the injuries.

Oh and Kurt, what was the team youse had out when youse lost to the RS 5 nil last season? Pretty strong, yeah? :winkold:

*awiats the "we only had 10 men"*

calm down, calm down...

i disagree... you had the players to play in the correct positions, your manager just refused to use them...

no excuses...

in hindsight, he might not think that was such a good idea...

(Was it a blessing in disguise that we lost to Rapid?)

No, no disguise. The Europa League as it stands merely protects those playing in the Champions' League, by forcing their nearest rivals (those who qualified for the Europa League) to either invest in a CL size squad in return for a fraction of the CL income or keep with the existing squad and have them completely knackered and injured come February.

Whilst I was naturally pissed off about going out so early, now in hindsight I'm relieved.

calm down, calm down...

Dead mature you, lad.

You'se will beat us again next week cos we are shite and are letting in soft goals all the time.

Hopefully a few will be back for next weekend anyway.

Arteta and Jags - mid November supposedly.

Everton are conceding some terrible goals at the minute really lack a number one centre half who can just head balls away all day long as Distin certainly isn't that type of centre half. Moyes missed a trick by not insisting on getting Dunne back in a swop for Lescott until Jagielka comes back.

think we got the best two defenders available this summer! everton look like they'll have a bit of a mixed season - at least we are drawing games that we would have lost last season. still like everton and hope they have a good season - bolton is a pretty difficult ground to go to still esp without some key players! bit am relvied we got dunne and collins!

calm down, calm down...

Dead mature you, lad.

You'se will beat us again next week cos we are shite and are letting in soft goals all the time.

Hopefully a few will be back for next weekend anyway.

Arteta and Jags - mid November supposedly.

who lit your tampon?

its called "banter" sweetheart... its just a bit of playful fun...

now give us a hug... but if you pinch my arse, i wont be happy...

:winkold:

Everton are conceding some terrible goals at the minute really lack a number one centre half who can just head balls away all day long as Distin certainly isn't that type of centre half. Moyes missed a trick by not insisting on getting Dunne back in a swop for Lescott until Jagielka comes back.

We are, can't seem to defend long balls. Conceding a lot of soft goals. Although, I think we are really missing Phil Neville because Rodwell isn't a typical defensive midfielder as such and, especially in his very poor current form, the defence is getting little protection. Also missing his leadership a lot too. We just need to toughen up a bit and stop conceding stupid goals.

To be fair, Distin and Heitinga have been very, very good. Heitinga's distribution is top top drawer and he is very good in the air for his height, tough as a bull too. They just need some protection cos they can't keep everything out on their own. Neill looked very good at RB too, 2 assists and very solid.

I think at the minute we sort of need a "big game" so that we can step up and hopefully get a result to lift the whole club. Last year it was around this time when we played United and got a draw. Need similar now.

The only up side is that in the Stoke and Wolves games, we picked up draws, when last season we were losing games that headed that way.

AG - who's definately out for next week??

I watched MOTD2 last night and saw Cahill got a knock too - did he have to go off too??? (personally i'd love it if Cahill missed next week - can't stand him!)

Err, he never went off but he was definitely hurting form the Zat Knight stamp!

The only ones I am sure are out next week are:

Arteta

Jagielka

Neville

Anichebe

Vaughan

I think all the rest stand a chance of being fit.

Heitinga went off injured but I think that was just cramp (I hope!)

Â