dudevillaisnice

Well the game is all about opinions AG we will see soon enough I'm sure although I think you have signed him more as a RB than a CB in any case as Hibbert is a very limited player.

You mean like I said... :winkold:

Defensively, he's always been good, going forward, always a bit of a liability with the occasional peach of a cross (really occasional ;))

But since his last injury, he's been atrocious, in the cup final I think any of the kids woulda done better. He's had one decent game (Wigan) since then but he is far and away our weakest link.

In a nutshell, yes.

Lucas Neill having a medical at the moment. Everton must have been the only one to match his ridiculous wage demands.

He's turned down bigger offers at other clubs (Bayern Munich, Atletico MAdrid and Galatasaray) to come here, supposedly. Although, the reason he rejected Atletico was cos he wanted more money than they offered :?

He will only be on about 40k here, a lot less than what he was demanding elsewhere. I guess it's cos we have his best mate here already.

EDIT: An Aussie Everton fan says he will be on £35k a week..

What's gone wrong with Everton? Injuries and lack of form, it happens as you lot full well know.

I'd be surprised if Moyes will break the wage structure to sign him - was it something like £70,000 he was on at West Ham?

Neill could do a lot worse, surely he realises that contract he was on massively overestimated his abilities??

If he does take a cut then it would be a useful signing for Moyes I reckon,

I highly doubt he'll be on £35,000/£40,000 a week. I reckon somewhere much closer to £5ok, maybe even more than that. A player doesn't turn down offers because he wants more money then accept half of what hes looking for just to play with his mate.

Not your money though so it doesn't matter, good signing.

I highly doubt he'll be on £35,000/£40,000 a week. I reckon somewhere much closer to £5ok, maybe even more than that. A player doesn't turn down offers because he wants more money then accept half of what hes looking for just to play with his mate.

Well, but add to that the fact he won't have to move countries and will remain to play in a league he's familiar with and all that. That might be part of the reasons why he can accept a paycut to play for Everton and won't go to another country. Maybe. And with Evertons injuries he can be pretty sure to get enough games.

Just what he has heard from his Aussie sources.

Moyes wouldn't pay him 50k a week. He's stopped negotiations with a number of players, due to their wage demands. He won't just give them what they want. Everything I've heard is he'd be on around 40k a week.

He surely must be a bit of legend at Everton already - turned down Liverpool for West Ham and now taken a huge wage cut to come and play with his best mate.

I think he's a good solid player who will give you a few more options down the right as well as cover in the middle - Good signing.

From BBC Gossip:

"Everton are giving a trial to Colo Colo's 18-year-old Chilean striker Nicolas Millan, who has been compared to Cristiano Ronaldo."

Wasn't it Everton who are supposedly using FM as some sort of scouting database? If so I guarantee that's where they found him!

From BBC Gossip:

"Everton are giving a trial to Colo Colo's 18-year-old Chilean striker Nicolas Millan, who has been compared to Cristiano Ronaldo."

Wasn't it Everton who are supposedly using FM as some sort of scouting database? If so I guarantee that's where they found him!

Yeah, he's meant to be coming over for a few weeks in November. Meant to be a talented lad.

From BBC Gossip:

Yeah, he's meant to be coming over for a few weeks in November. Meant to be a talented lad.

Well if FM is anything to go by he's very talented. I used to buy him in FM 05 when he was 14! If he's half as good in real life he'd be a good acquisition.

Lucas Neill is possibly the slowest player in premier league history. I don't think he's all that good to be honest. 35k a week on a free isn't bad though.

I've seen a lot slower... :lol:

Marouane Fellaini is one slow, slow player.... :lol:

By the way, I think the chances of us getting this Nicolas Millan are about 0.001%

I can't wait to see Neill v Carragher in the Derby.... :clap:

EDIT: Incase you never knew..

When my leg was broken in an horrific tackle by Lucas Neill in September 2003, my mates were ready to hunt him down if I gave the go-ahead. A few weeks later I received a phone call. “You won’t believe this, Jay. We’re in the Trafford Centre and Lucas Neill is walking straight towards us. What do you reckon?”

Did I really want Neill to take a crack? “There’s only one problem,” added the voice. “Little Davey Thommo is with him.”

That was that. I could hardly let one of my best mates, David Thompson, now a Blackburn player, become a witness to an assault. Besides he’d have recognised the attackers. The impromptu mission was aborted and I sent a text to Thommo telling him Neill should give him a hug of thanks.

As word got back to Blackburn about the near miss, or should that be hit, their coach Terry Darracott, a Scouser, appealed to one of my friends to call the boys off. I agreed.

Oh and for the benefit of TrentVilla...quote from an Ajax fan.

I'd say though that he'd be a pretty good buy for you guys, he seems rights for the Premier League. He's fast, incredible headstrong despite his length of 180cm (better than Vermaelen for instance) and he has a good long pass. Think is that he sometimes has a moment of loss of concentration, which sometimes resulted in a slip up. I'd say he's generally a lot like Vermaelen and on a good day I'd rate him even higher. I wouldn't use him as a rightback though, but as a central defender I'd say he'd fit right in for Everton. Also, he scores 3-6 times a year which is pretty good for a defender.

Â