dudevillaisnice

I think Dyche gets unfairly slated a bit sometimes, he secured a 7th place finish with Burnley not too long ago, when was the last time we got anywhere near that? I think at Everton he has more technical players than at Burnley and we will see him get them more defensively solid but also he will surprise with his playing style, i dont reckon it will be as clunky as we all imagine.

Has worked with Tarkowski aswell for many years, maybe he will make him captain

• Like 1

Dyche is a solid Premier League manager. He's never going to reach the high echelons of the league but he's got enough about him to compete at this level.

The problem he has is he's done it long enough for everyone to know exactly what you get with him, and it means he's never going to get more than that. That's part of the reason this job is potentially good for him - from his perspective Everton are about the biggest team he could potentially realistically get the job for - however he's only getting that chance because they're in the shit, and at best next season looks grim and at worst you're back in the Championship with a sinking ship, which sours the opportunity itself. He also is going into the mess the club are in with no opportunity to rectify it - the window closes next week and he's not going to have a chance to assess the team and bring people in to his liking before then, so what he has, a pretty rough squad, is all he has 

It probably isn't helped that all the noises being made are he's the second choice.

Dyche is the best man for the job , he might not keep them up but I think he would get them out of the championship, whilst the club is in financial trouble I don’t think there’s a better man for the job. They should have hired him months ago. With limited time left in the transfer window who does he bring in?

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Nathan jones is a poor premier league level manager for me he doesnt have enough or the experience to keep them up.

As for Bournemouth the managers also poor. I expect these two to go down agrad of the others

Either does Steve Cooper, Lopetegui or Marsch in that case

De Zerbi must be doing nothing at Brighton also

Edited by Zatman

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Either does Steve Cooper, Lopetegui or Marsch in that case

De Zerbi must be doing nothing at Brighton also

But marcsh kept leeds up last year.

Lopetegui has a impressive cv as you can see how wolves played against us they look very good

Cooper is showing whta a good manager he is. He has madw it work with a massive squad. Impressive

Dont know enough about de zerbi ro comment

4 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Finally we will find out if Dyche always wanted to play attractive, attacking football, but was held back because Burnley had no money. 

That argument is bullshit.

Potter and Howe didn't have massive budgets at Brighton and Bournemouth but still got results with attacking football.

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

Potter and Howe didn't have massive budgets at Brighton and Bournemouth but still got results with attacking football.

And Kompany’s current success at Burnley, playing a completely different style with much the same players.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, useless said:

Dyche achieved more with Burnley than Potter did at Brighton, and with a much smaller budget.

Dyche was at Burnley for 10 years. 

Potter spent 3 years at Brighton and is now the Chelsea manager.

Potter was Chelsea manager because he was overhyped in the media and Chelsea's recruitment was all over the place just going for whoever happened to be flavor of the month, he probably won't there much longer. Had a few seasons doing barely any better than Chris Hughton did and then one season when got Brighton top half, which is a good achievment, but others have done just as well and better with lesser squads, at Swansea finished midtable in championship, Cooper came in next season with a weaker team, because they lost Dan James and McBurnie that same summer, and took them to play-off final.

Dyche had Burnley top half on several occassions including top seven and Europe, and had nowhere near the money that Potter had to spend, the likes of Di Matteo and Avram Grant have also managed Chelsea, but that doesn't make them better than Potter either, not even saying Potter is a bad manager, nothing of the sort, but overrated.

Also Burnley have changed much of their team this season, of the team that started their last game seven of them were summer signings, and another two that came off the bench were also summer signings, so this idea that Kompany has got a team doing well that Dyche couldn't isn't true.

Besides they're playing in the Championship now, I'm sure if Dyche had his squad from last season in the Championship they too would be challenging at the top of the table.

35 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Howe and his teams playing attacking football is a myth.

Edited by gwi1890
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

Also Burnley have changed much of their team this season, of the team that started their last game seven of them were summer signings, and another two that came off the bench were also summer signings, so this idea that Kompany has got a team doing well that Dyche couldn't isn't true.

Besides they're playing in the Championship now, I'm sure if Dyche had his squad from last season in the Championship they too would be challenging at the top of the table.

Kompany has totally transformed the way they play though and have taken the championship by storm. The other teams relegated havent done so well. 

I will be interested to see what Dyche does at everton. I think he will just keep them up. 

• Like 1

My point was that it isn't true to say that Kompany is doing better at Burnley with the same players than Dyche was doing, because Burnley signed basically a new team in the summer, and also it's unfair to Dyche's managerial flair to compare because Kompany has them in the Championship whilst Dyche had them in the Premier League with different players available. Not saying Kompany hasn't done a good job relative to the division he's in and the players at his disposal, but completely different to the Burnley situation last season.

11 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I wonder if he might, in time, surprise people a little in terms of playing style. I don't think he's militantly obsessive about defensive football, just that he (probably correctly) thought it was the percentage choice for a club with massively lower resources than its rivals. 

Anyway, for now the situation kind of necessitates the backs-against-the-wall-lads stuff. 

I'd be amazed.

I bet you if he'd stayed on at Burnley they could be in top 6....but no way would they be playing the free following stuff under Kompany they are now which Burnley fans are loving.

I never got why under him they never explored the foreign market much either. Think he claimed they didn't have the resources but again Kompany comes in, they sign half of the Belgian league and it all clicks seamlessly.

That said Everton at their best in recent times have usually been a direct team getting crosses in quickly for Calvert Lewin. Interested who they sign to replace Gordon aswell as they're really light on attackers. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, YLN said:

I hadn't and I was roundly mocked for it. My point was consistently that all we needed was to go on a run of actual form and we might be safe. Like a four game winning run like how teams do when they get a new manager. Unfortunately all our new managers were absolutely dreadful and the players were a toxic bunch of words removed, so it didn't happen. But it could have. If things were different. And just because it didn't doesn't mean I'm wrong. So i think I'm owed an apology

Ironically around this time we did have a mini run...can remember a 1-0 at home to Palace and we also won v Norwich a few games later. Was also a draw v Leicester so 7 points from 4-5 games was easily our best run of the season but we were still miles adrift and then the whole club just gave up when Liverpool trounced us 6-0.

If Everton lose their next 3 I think they'll be on the same points as our 15/16 vintage was after 23 games.

2 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Howe and his teams playing attacking football is a myth.

Really? Bournemouth were involved in loads of high scoring games in the prem. Everyone would go on about his teams having no clue how to defend or control games so in his 18 months out he certainly took stock, went to watch Atletico Madrid play and train and now Newcastle can comfortably s***house their way to 0-0s and 1-0s.

Â