dudevillaisnice

If they've got the money then they will get a decent manager, Bielsa and Nuno seem to be the more high profile manager names being linked.

Then there's ex players like Rooney, Ferguson, and Lee Carsley.

They're only three points off fourteenth at the moment, I think people forget that the likes of Leeds, Wolves, West Ham have been in just as bad form as them or close to it for pretty much a year now, Southampton worse form, their squad isn't great, but also it isn't one one would look at and think they have no chance of surviving, a decent manager should have a chance of keeping them up.

But have to get the appointment right.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, useless said:

If they've got the money then they will get a decent manager, Bielsa and Nuno seem to be the more high profile manager names being linked.

Then there's ex players like Rooney, Ferguson, and Lee Carsley.

They're only three points off fourteenth at the moment, I think people forget that the likes of Leeds, Wolves, West Ham have been in just as bad form as them or close to it for pretty much a year now, Southampton worse form, their squad isn't great, but also it isn't one one would look at and think they have no chance of surviving, a decent manager should have a chance of keeping them up.

But have to get the appointment right.

It’s not that complicated unless they make it that way. It’s Dyche’s job. Nobody else’s. Their fanbase have serious delusions of grandeur and most of their last few managers, lampard aside, have been well backed financially. The argument that “ well he almost got Burnley relegated “ is bollocks. Top 6 in the championship were spending more than Burnley FFS. What he did there was remarkable. Go back to what you are Everton, a working class, community based club. It’s when you get notions the wheels come off. 

Edited by Johnnyp

1 hour ago, avfc1982am said:

This has got Dyche written all over it

And rightly so. The football snobs at Everton either want to stay in the league or not. They’ve zero form with foreign coaches and now is not the time to get clever. 

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

And rightly so. The football snobs at Everton either want to stay in the league or not. They’ve zero form with foreign coaches and now is not the time to get clever. 

Do they have any form with domestic coaches? They're perhaps better off heading extra-terrestrial for the next coach.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Nah, with the right manager I’m sure they are good enough to get 1 point better than Southampton, Leicester and Bournemouth (or any other 3 clubs).

Until next season when in the same mess again. We used to say similar that we can get 1 more point than Hull, Reading, Bolton etc. They need a huge cleaning job

Its so bad when Pickford isnt one of your problems

Bielsa has already had talks about becoming their manager, whether that means he will get the job though I don't know.

Would be interesting to watch if he could keep them up at the expense of Leeds.

Nothing against Everton , but I wouldn't mind if they, or maybe West Ham or similar , went down, as would make it more interesting rather than the usual suspects, and would also make the Championship more interesting next season.

• Like 1

Both the telegraph and the athletic now reporting Bielsa link.

They're not keen on appointing a firefighter such as Dyche or Alladyce unless 67-year-old Argentine Bielsa and others turn down the job

5 minutes ago, useless said:

Both the telegraph and the athletic now reporting Bielsa link.

They're not keen on appointing a firefighter such as Dyche or Alladyce unless 67-year-old Argentine Bielsa and others turn down the job

The article says “ firefighter like Allardyce “ the clickbait headline from everton fans who retweeted it include Dyche because they think he isn’t good enough for them 😂

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Rooney would seem a good shout, he's used to managing whilst up to his neck in chaos - hasn't pulled up any trees out in the states though I believe?

If it’s Rooney against Dyche though - is it even a contest ? Everton could get this wrapped up very quickly and sensibly and probably stay in the league. If they fanny around and make stupid nostalgic choices like Rooney - they’ll get relegated. Simple. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

If it’s Rooney against Dyche though - is it even a contest ? Everton could get this wrapped up very quickly and sensibly and probably stay in the league. If they fanny around and make stupid nostalgic choices like Rooney - they’ll get relegated. Simple. 

Agreed.  Dyche keeps them up imo, anyone else and I can see them going down in style

4 minutes ago, Adman said:

Agreed.  Dyche keeps them up imo, anyone else and I can see them going down in style

Fanbase though are a special kind. Reading some of the stuff online. On about who they can get that plays great football. Foot of the table. Alright lads  yeah. Don’t just wanna stay up, wanna Barcelona your way out of trouble also 😂

15 minutes ago, Adman said:

I rate Dyche but what basis is he a guaranteed success? People said similar last season and Burnley only improved when they sacked him

Still no official confirmation from Everton. In fact, nothing from them on their twitter account since Saturday.

Obvious theory is that Lampard is holding the bit of paper with all the club’s login details over a shredder as part of the exit negotiations.

• Haha 1

Â