Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

i dont recall lineker racing around holding the ball up tackling, or ian rush , infact most of the top goal scorers are allowed to play THEIR game and the attacks are based around those players skills and attributes

I dont think this si true any more. The days when your star player could laze about on the half way line in a deckchair with a cigar are gone,or at least at the top level they are. Its not about running around aimlessly, its about contributing to the team, its about making things happen, its about having the ability to change the game if its going away from you. Darren Bent has none of these abilities, he is the kind of player that is rapidly going out of fashion because he isnt good enough technically.

As for his finishing seriously you guys must be kidding? Yes, all strikers miss big chances from time to time (which is why the criticism of a very young benteke is massively unfair) but the reason bent doesnt play for United or Arsenal or Chelsea and never will is partly because he misses way too many big chances. You know as well as I do, if he was as talented as people make out the big clubs would be banging our door down with as much cash as we could carry off. The big clubs pay top dollar for top goalscorers, why arent they after Bent? They arent after him because at the very top level, in the really big games you only get very few chances, and you need to convert them. They dont trust Bent to deliver.

He is useful to have about mind you. If we could afford to keep him great, but we arent in the kind of position where we can have £10m sat on the bench.

Plans to sell Bent in January

Although I'm not a fan of the constant speculation regarding Bent's future if he doesn't start against Fulham I think we can assume he'll be off.

I don't rate Bent as highly as most on here and agreed with Lamberts decision to drop him. However I'd be extremely disappointed if he is sold.

We can't afford to have him on the bench though IMO
  • Like 1

I just miss the days when we played Ajax - A chilly Villa park, 40,000 crowd, great atmosphere, playing in Europe. That was good fun :)

Yes, that was a good night. Since then, we lost to Sonic The Hedgehog (Vaginal Love?), the messiah walked out, we suffered some sort of misguided Gaullic invasion and Jock ineptitude... And of course, the 'de ja vous' silliness of back to back failings against Rapid Vienna...

In Lambert I trust...

What do we realistically reckon we will get for him in January?

I suppose we have to be thinking double figures but we can't be silly, especially when theres not going to be a mass of teams to market him to.

Â