Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

One thing i'm not a fan of with Bent, is his inability to trap a ball, ask him to hold the ball up in the opposition half and he'll take about four touches running back towards into his own half.

of course ask him to score a goal every game and he does..... i know which id take.

I think Bent is becoming a bit of a marmite on this message board. I have to say I am in the like camp, and think he is the one player the club cannot afford to sell in summer.

Tend to agree with this.

He's not a technical whizz, or a flamboyant showman, he scores goals. And if we played to that strength, the way we can, then he'll be knocking in 20-30 goals a season for us.

In a sentence, don't sell the player......scrap the ineffective, predictable way we're playing ffs.

I will argue until im claret in the face......

BEST STRIKER OF OUR PREM YEARS!

2nd best. We had a fellow from Trinidad in our team back in the 90s. He was a good player, bit of a word removed off the field though.

I will argue until im claret in the face......

BEST STRIKER OF OUR PREM YEARS!

2nd best. We had a fellow from Trinidad in our team back in the 90s. He was a good player, bit of a word removed off the field though.

3rd best for me Saunders is up there

Darren Bent is brilliant. The fact that folks here question his ability is ridiculous. Best striker we have had since Dwight Yorke.

At Wigan a section of the away support were singing "Darren Bent what a rocket polisher"

Unbelievable

Bent = 0.47 goals a game

Yorke = 0.31

Saunders = 0.27

He gulfs them.... bring on your next names for me to prove you wrong.

But with regards to Dwight Yorke, he came to the club in 1989 and for the first 5 years he was a bit part player and also used as a winger quite often too, because Saunders and Atkinson were up front. When I talk about Dwight Yorke being the clubs best striker in the clubs premiership history, I am talking about his 95/96, 96/97 and his 97/98 form. Have you got his stats for those seasons?

Â