Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

I see the Barry saga as almost a turning point under the MON renaissance & I hold them tramps fully accountable
I hate Liverpool as much as the next guy, but they're hardly to blame for the end of the "MON renaissance" are they?

Seen the tripe John Barnes has come out with:-

"That Bent wouldn't suit liverpool - because bent does better in sides that pl;ay direct football'

This is what annoys me about the tossers - currently there are an upper midtable team playing average football - and look poor value for the £160m there squad cost.

and it isn't true - for me Bent thrives on crosses - hence his poorer form since downing left.

• Like 1

I see the Barry saga as almost a turning point under the MON renaissance & I hold them tramps fully accountable
I hate Liverpool as much as the next guy, but they're hardly to blame for the end of the "MON renaissance" are they?

No, but I saw the Barry tapping up saga as the first bit of unravelling.

I often think if we'd kept Club Captain Barry, the others may have stayed and none of this would have happened

Seen the tripe John Barnes has come out with:-

"That Bent wouldn't suit liverpool - because bent does better in sides that pl;ay direct football'

This is what annoys me about the tossers - currently there are an upper midtable team playing average football - and look poor value for the £160m there squad cost.

and it isn't true - for me Bent thrives on crosses - hence his poorer form since downing left.

Who honestly cares what John Barnes thinks?

RL and PF must know that selling Bent now would trigger the worst backlash they've yet to see. Protests, empty seats, non-renewals, etc.

But, considering they PAID Small Heath for McGash, I guess anything is possible. :?

So, Liverpool leaked the story of their interest to a select few journalists to unsettle Bent or the club did to see if an 'unsettled' Bent puts a transfer request in. I'm going with the former. I love a good conspiracy.

Or, just as plausible - the whole rumour is just that.

RL and PF must know that selling Bent now would trigger the worst backlash they've yet to see. Protests, empty seats, non-renewals, etc.

But, considering they PAID Small Heath for McGash, I guess anything is possible. :?

I would also be tempted to say "anything is possible"....so many other things don't make sense, so how can you follow that maxim,

The only language any of them understand is " empty seats"

you can protest all day long and sing all the obscene songs, but as long as you pay your money, they are happy.

To be fair to the better players we buy.... we seem to sit back on our laurels, pat ourselves on the back for doing so instead of building around them..... and bitch when they want to leave.

do we ever learn anything.

So, Liverpool leaked the story of their interest to a select few journalists to unsettle Bent or the club did to see if an 'unsettled' Bent puts a transfer request in. I'm going with the former. I love a good conspiracy.

Downing was a rumour too. People said the picture was fake. Moments later he joined the club.

The chances of Bent leaving this window is very high. There's just too many points such as the board have a reputation of selling our best players, Bent himself who never settles at a club, McLeish can't do much with him and Liverpool needing a poacher.

Let's put it this way. It would be a shock if Bent remained here for the entire season. It's not a shock to see our geninue quality players leave anymore.

Downing was a rumour too. People said the picture was fake. Moments later he joined the club.

The chances of Bent leaving this window is very high. There's just too many points such as the board have a reputation of selling our best players, Bent himself who never settles at a club, McLeish can't do much with him and Liverpool needing a poacher.

Let's put it this way. It would be a shock if Bent remained here for the entire season. It's not a shock to see our geninue quality players leave anymore.

Sell Gabby as well, flatten it and build a supermarket.

put us all out of our misery.

I think the Bent signing was an aberration- it was a desperation buy to keep us up, and it worked wonders.

Now it looks like we'll do enough to avoid relegation even w/o Bent scoring...so the board will think "Why NOT sell him?"

I am 100% behind Darren Bent leaving Aston Villa, I truly believe he has been mi-sold the club by the muppets that suposedly run it, I am unhappy at the direction we are heading, we are becoming no bigger than any championship side. Darren Bent will get a round of applause from me whenever he returns to VP, lets look at the facts villa dont create anything these days against stoke Manu, Liverpool very poor creativeness. Im sick and tired of the idiots messing around with our club we are villa through and through Lerner and Faulkner oh I forgot Eck get the hell out and shut the door with you

John Barnes can hardly talk about players and tactics after his laughable spell at Celtic.

I actually went to Celtic Park to watch his side get beat by a crap Motherwell side, who were all over them throughout the match. I think it was Motherwell, but they were a crap side anyway and Celtic were pish-poor.

If I remember correctly its the game Ian Wright came out at halftime after he signed and Larrsson had broken his leg a few days before in UEFA Cup.

Horrid manager. Absolutely dreadful. Didn't have an idea on how to turn a 1-0 result around at home to a lower league side. He was standing on the touchline biting his nails and clearly way out of his depth.

Â